YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS

I am just going to leave this here:

>be me
>need new phone
>decide to buy one of these Chinese phones on the internet (Xiaomi, Bluboo, Cubot, Leagoo, etc.) because they are cheap
>settle on Uhappy UP920
>get phone after a few days
>seems to work fine at first
>some apps can’t find the gyroscope
>Wi-Fi antenna is a little weak compared to my older Samsung and same goes for regular reception
>still happy to have saved a lot of money and there are no major issues
>after some time I decide to install a Tor browser app on it
>install Orbot with browser and use it
>works fine
>close app after I am done browsing
>notice that I left my contacts open
>use Orbot again
>notice again that my contacts are left open
>check that I closed contacts before using Orbot again
>oh shit...

Orbot opens your contacts and probably sends everything it finds there to whoever made it. After it got all your data I assume it’s supposed to close your contacts again so you don’t notice anything. Much more likely however it is not supposed to open your contact list in a way that is visible to the user in the first place.

I assume that the only reason I noticed this is because I used a cheap china phone that has a few issues with some apps. Anybody with that type of phone I just mentioned can check this out on him/herself.

I deleted this app and switched to another one where I have not witnessed any issues so far. This however does not mean that other apps are safe.

Attached: setting-up-tor-duckduckgo-browser-android-0.jpg (650x577, 49K)

you are a brainlet

but still it's right that orbot is not optimal for security.

yet your claims about contact being sent are false as in xiaomi phones such system features can be disabled from a security utility and you just get a notification each time an application tries to access such features, without of course giving permission.

Nothing like orbot checking my contacts or anything on my phone for that matter happened.

You are spreading misinformation.

There are at least 10 reasons orbot is not secure, but the contacts ain't one

Don't use chinese ROMs.

>tor on an android
enjoy your placebo, moron

>>be me

OH WOW REALLY? YOU WERE YOU?

t.orbot

you got chinked lmao

>You are spreading misinformation.
Amusing to see 50 cent posters in here.

what does that have to do with "china" phones?

>what does that have to do with "china" phones?
Exactly. This has to do with RAM management. What is even happening to this board? When did Jow Forums start dropping IQ points this rapidly, Jesus...

>Orbot opens your contacts and probably sends everything it finds there to whoever made it
you realize that if you don't give the contacts/phone permission to an app that it CANNOT access those things, right?

t. NSA

You're dumb.

You sound like one of those fucks who just uninstalls the webcam driver on a laptop and disables it in device manager and believes that you can no longer be spied on through it.

Doesn't make any sense. I've used Orbot and orFox on the Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6P, and the note 3. Never had that problem it's your dumbass phone doing that not the apps

How you can have such shitty reading comprehension is beyond me.

>don't use tor, it doesn't work
Nice try, NSA!

How ironic.

>t.lol guys, I have no idea how security in Android works, but here are my thoughts

Why don't you just run Tor proxy on the router and run your phone through that?

Do some proper research by installing a packet sniffer on your phone faggot.

umm, I'm not an expert but I'm 99% sure you wouldn't need to open the contacts app to read your contacts list, rather you could just read it right from wherever the data is sitting in the phone.

root the piece of shit
install xposed framework
install xprivacy
check app privileges
block the unnecessary bullshit
(LOGCAT)
then post results
>muh feels when i see a GUI