/spg/ - Smartphone General

Flagship Flip Phone Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: w2019.jpg (1280x860, 182K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/debloat
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's the point of that brickphone?

Dialing out fast without being too distracted.

What's the Nexus 5 of 2018/2019? Midrange specs, cheap price, and compatible with LineageOS?

Who exactly is the target audience of the Mi 8 Lite? It seems like it's in an odd place.

what do you guy think of the nokia 6.1?

Speaking of which...

Does anybody make a bluetooth dial pad that simply has the numbers, answer, and hang up buttons?

Something that would make dialing easy while driving.

just buy the 7+
if you're american buy a big cowboy hat instead

What's a good phone with:
snapdragon 630 or better
3GB RAM
screen smaller than 5.5"

i dont have money for the 7+ will the 6.1 be okay?

1st gen Pixel or Pixel XL.

11th for 11.11 is the best date to buy if you are considering chink phones

Pocophone

Mi8, Mix 2S or Poophone? Original and flash a custom rom or global rom?

XZ1 Compact is available for c. 300€ now, so is Nokia 8

Why would you want LineageOS?

>LineageOS
I just want to give it a try over stock.

But MiUI is one of the best ROMs if you don't mind the chinese having naked pics of your gf and your device not working.

>xiaomeme users
>gf

Poco is the closes thing to it.
>Both have build quality that is meh
>Both have high end specs
>Both are flagship like
>Both are slightly lacking in band coverage

POCOOOO

Nokia 6.1

how do i uninstall xiaomi bloatware without custom rom?

use adb, might have to root tho

that's a big implication ya got there friendo

You forgot to mention both have mediocre camera! :^)

Poco has a decent camera

I have a Mi5 and I want to try a custom ROM.
What do you guys feel about the Pixel Experience, OmniROM & LineageOS roms?

reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/debloat

It's a matter of software which can be gcam'd

Budget 300€
Mostly interested in a phone that can work well even after 4-5 years (good community behind it to rom's when the official support will go down), also battery and performance need to be good.
No preferences in Notch/no Notch and sizes.
I live in europe (so b20 is required i think)

By now i am oriented in the Pocomeme for the reasons above, but also Nokia 7 plus (godly design but dunno if in can be good in 4-5 years with no ufs 2.1 and good community behind), Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 (nice camera and design but meh battery) and Redmi note 5

>Mi A2
>199 €
>Redmi Note 5
>159 €

This 11/11 sale is too tempting.

Got a Windows Phone (8.1) for cheap, but the native music player is absolute ass. Are there any good apps that allow proper folder navigation for music?

Pocophone is your best option

Moto something something

I also have a Mi5 and I hate every single custom ROM, they all have problems.
Pixel experience is laggy as fuck on my device.
Lineage 14 was the best, it's a shame I can't find any download link anymore.
Lineage 15.1 is good but the wifi goes down if you don't use your phone for like 1 min (even though it's still connected) so using things like Web WhatsApp is a pain in the ass.
Lineage 16 is trash, the design sucks in my opinion.
Any MIUI based ROM is also trash because I hate MIUI. MIUI 8 was usable, MIUI 10 it's the worst I've seen.
I don't remember if I ever tried OmniROM.

God I just want December so I can buy my OP6T and be done forever with customs ROMs designed by pajeets. I'll never again fall for the "install a custom ROM meme".

Because why would i want useless googleshit bloat?

Much obliged

>if you don't mind the chinese having naked pics of your gf and your device not working.
What? Why would you even subject yourself to this?
Install OmniROM or a similar one with even more customization and built-in tools.
Redmi Note 5. It's a no-brainer.

what are you on at the moment?

>MIUI vs Android One
I'm not sure, user.
I've never installed a ROM and I don't intend to.

Why is nobody recommending the Meizu 16th?

how is Huawei?

2chink4me

It's shit. Get an iPhone.

I'd sooner get a pixel.

Never go full chink.
j/k lol, I dunno. how much does it cost?

Yes, but don't you enjoy sex?

See for yourself.

Attached: uzFG13x.jpg (1440x1035, 84K)

$359 and that $50 coupon I don't know how to get

>he thinks sex is the highest culmination of being
laughing at your life rn

It looks fantastic, where do I get one?

Are LED screens much more better than LTPS LCD? From pure performance, not cost effectiveness

Christ, I can smell the curry in this post

the Huawei isn't the one on the right

I'm getting the 16 (sd710)
Meizu is on par (build quality wize) with Xiaomi, Huawei, n Zte.

yes, friend. you are correct? how'd you know?

Android One phone on Verizon when? Looking to upgrade my S4 soon and don't need spec monster stats, just a cleanish working phone.

Shew babs

>inb4 iPhone
No thanks. Been there and don't like the ecosystem at all.

Wouldn't the Android One Moto X4 work?

>It looks fantastic, where do I get one?
lol'd.

>ecosystem
It's amazing how people have adopted this exact wording for one of the most locked down walled garden systems ever implemented.

i know that :)

I've recently got a new phone (moto X4) and so far I'm loving it. Huge upgrade from my previous 5 year old mid-ranger.
Now I'm looking to customize it a bit but can't find a decent launcher. Is there any good one?
I used to have TSF Shell, but I'm not that edgy anymore.

Moto a shit.
Apple calls it that. I use their term to deride the product too. I hate iTunes with a fiery passion.

You can just use various voice controls to dial a number. Usually the command is something like: "Dial Zero One Two Three Four Five Six Seven Eight Nine".

>I hate iTunes with a fiery passion.
I want to forget, but I can't. Perhaps the worst piece of software ever assembled.

My galaxy S6 has gone to shit. I'm going to get a new phone but what should I do with my S6? I was thinking of using it to learn more about ROMs and how to rice but I don't know where to start.
Can any anons help me out?

Attached: 1541351291064.jpg (1200x1654, 389K)

>I was thinking of using it to learn more about ROMs and how to rice but I don't know where to start.
Start by searching device name + xda.

Can you guys rec me a good phone for my grandma? She's technologically inept but it's her birthday next month and her old nokia 3310 is showing age. Something around $70 - $150 would be nice.

Attached: kfc_double_down_2801.jpg (840x840, 110K)

What carrier?

I've a Motorola Droid Turbo 1 and I've been up for an upgrade for years. Is there any reason for me to upgrade? A quick look shows it's still better than most phones.

Any recommendations? Verizon by the way.

Attached: 1540942175154.jpg (640x426, 215K)

What's wrong with Nova? Its lightweight, allows for decent customization and has great gesture implementation.

>mfw burgers are restricted by carriers
land of the bree

Feels good to finally know what it's like to have a decent battery. Phones still at 65% battery after 48 hours with my normal use

My last phone I had to charge 1-2 times a day. Nexus 5 was my first and only other smart phone

my backup HTC was so shit, it took 3-4 hours to fully charge and lasted 6-8 hours at best, with 0 brightness and no music or anything, just regular usage, calls and browsing. Piece of shit
I love my primary XZ

Yup. Full charge 0 brightness and web browsing for a couple hours before bed and I would already be running low on battery

S9+ or LGv40? I like the idea of a bigger battery in the s9+ and my current phone is s7 with ATT. I really don't see much of a difference between the phones. I hear the new galaxy scratches easily though. The thin meme scares me. Don't need that shit throttling like a MacBook air or getting hot.

Thinking of getting a Mi 8 lite global version (need that B4 LTE band).
Is there a better purchase at that price point?

Attached: 1541553204399.jpg (720x717, 40K)

Yes it's a very good phone. I currently have one and love it.
Obviously I'd rather have some crazy flagship phone, but it does everything I need it to do at a great price

note 9

Garakei

Mix 3 when?

Eh? Get Redmi Note 5 instead. Cheaper, no notch, microSD slot, better battery.

Is the processor upgrade that insignificant?

I have not heard people complaining about RN5 being laggy. Unless you plan to do some heavy 3d gaming on your phone (yikes), I don't see there being a huge difference.

its called the Pixel 3, what are you, too poor?

new Nokia 3310 with KaiOS

V40

I need a new phone. I love my RMN3P but it no longer suits the usage I want to make of it (And the power button is failing)

I'm considering the Mi mix 2s, because it's the same price as the Mi 8 and I hate notches.

Any suggestions? I need to be able to unlock the bootloader and root it, even if I don't do it straight away. My budget is about ~450 USD (600 CAD tops)

Mix 2S or Redmi Note 5 if you want to save some money, want mSD support, an IR blaster, 4000mAh battery and a headphone jack

>cluster fuck of quality control issues
>literally no replacement parts
Hard pass pajeet.

so too poor? then get a Pixel 2XL, faggot

>tfw went from my RN3P to a Z5c

I was considering a more powerful phone for futureproofing, and I absolutely NEED to have Band 4 LTE and 1700(AWS) 2100 which severely limits my choices.

Wtf are you talking about?

RN5 has B4, SD636 will be fine unless you do suriuz gaymen

Z5C isn't bad

It has band 4 LTE, but not 3G, which the RMN3P has. It would become problematic if I were to try and make calls up here in canuck land.

Well it seems like your phone supports voice over LTE so you are good for phone calls. Unless you need newer apps you are probably good.

I'm using a moto e5 Play on T mobile and I like it.