The Internet was better when only rich folks had access

The Internet was better when only rich folks had access

Attached: 16A5765C-8471-4B5B-B3BA-0D89DEE35F73.jpg (888x529, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiby.me
wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887324423904578523190441042514
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, the internet was better when the average download speed was 8Mbit/s

fuck javascript, fuck responsive website design, fuck modular website design

basically, fuck anything that isn't static website design.

But then we didn’t have r/trashy

Attached: D43AAE14-82AD-417C-9F33-A1D82EDBF919.jpg (1080x1794, 136K)

>MFW I'm canadian and 10 years later the fastest internet package at $150 per month is still 4mb download max advertised as "Up to 150mb/s".
Please end me, I don't even live in the middle of nowhere. Internet monopolies suck.

Attached: murderer quote.jpg (500x745, 203K)

Wait, I don't get it... Why would you tell anyone you're a vegan every 5 minutes in the first place?

I unironically listen to vaporwave to pretend I'm living in the past.

>fuck responsive website design
You don't seem to understand what responsive design is and just spouting buzzwords in blind rage. Websites that are made mobile first are usually also better on desktop, so nothing wrong about that.

The internet is the best it's ever been. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug

The internet was better when the real world was kept out of it.

When the real world came in the corporations came with it, and now it has all the excitement of a boardroom. You can say "what about the dark web," but that's largely a LARP on the part of a lot of people, as well as totally ignoring the radical shift in the dominant online culture.

No the internet was literally better without all that laws, policy and spying going on, when times were easy and everything is fair play. The time of the wild west.

I remember when Jow Forums was completely devoid of women, and everyone claiming to be one was larping ex. “tits or gtfo”
Then the smartphones came...

The first ones using the internet outside of the military were middle class academics at universities.

Computers were expensive as fuck though

Attached: 5EBF53AD-2838-4864-813A-3D84948351D1.jpg (750x813, 554K)

You don't know many vegans, do you.

mobile culture is also pure cancer so fuck it anyways

based and redpilled

The rise of social media and oversized platforms has led to years and years of no/shitty moderation.
In the past the guy who paid the server bills had the final say and he would ban your ass if he didn't like your shit.

>mobile culture
lmao there it is again loser. what do you even do for a living? do you actually work with anything software related?

I went to community college 04-08, in my last year the computer lab was filled with black kids who previously never stepped foot in there. They were all on Facebook. That was when it went downhill

This. We need a final solution to the webdev problem.

This.
We need to price the poor out again.

Attached: 97AB282C-568D-4493-AA9F-50B5E41E7D0E.jpg (2312x1156, 854K)

>when the average download speed was 8Mbit/s
t. zoomer

None, this hipster shit isn't popular here.

One person says we need to root out poorfags
The other is a poorfag with shitty ISP package and slow computer

Relly makes one think

why does it have to do with anything? it is just my opinion

The thing is you might need to find a community with people more alike your way of thought and interests. I don't know like a Usenet group or irc.

Yes, but it's correlation, not a causation.

Rich people are, on average, smarter than poorer people. 80s and 90s computers actually took non-zero mental ability to get working properly, and to get online. It's a pretty safe bet that the average IQ of pre-2000s internet users was somewhat above 100. Whereas now it's probably trending towards the low 90s, and as the rest of the world is brought online, will approach the global average of ~88.

That said, it's almost certainly 100% nostalgia. Though as for me, I can't think of any way the web has become more useful to me since maybe 2007. the speed is a little faster and the videos are much higher resolution, but web design has gone hard down the shitter.

It's not about money, i mean, the SJWs are rich and they fucked with a lot of the internet.
What actually fucked the internet was facebook.
It changed what internet means, and changed it to something absolutely disgusting.

Remember when your mom and even google told you to never use your real name on the internet? that was what they were trying to avoid.
This and you getting raped.

This, you can't really say whatever the fuck you want anymore, it's all traceable back to you.

i remember chatting with rich biches in brazil on ICQ, sent me gifts and pictures I'd wank to.

wtf shithole part of the country are you in? Are there no resellers in your area?

This shit is a catch22 ad infinitum. I'm vegan and never reveal it unless we're going out, but if I say it on a thread like this people are like "bro u just said it xddd plant eater btfo"

Like there are normal people who are vegans, its just fags like pic related sperg it up.

Its all so tiresome

Attached: meirl.jpg (310x162, 5K)

Attached: 1534997743895.jpg (700x486, 115K)

>live longer and eat nothing but grass and lettuce
>or eat delicious flesh of another animal all your life and lose a few years
Eating meat sounds like a good tradeoff.

Responsive design is also great for shitboxes and PDAs

t. luddite

>prolong your suffering eating grass and lettuce
Great sales point

Hedonism vs deferred rewards. It's a personal choice. I know what I'm choosing.

there's always nirvana

No. It was better when only unis had access

this is honestly not true at all and one of the reasons most of the websites suck right now with their big fucking icons etc is because of the mobile first shit

it wasn't

1st world access only pls

Attached: aea.png (483x1075, 157K)

grunge is DEAAAAAAAAD

Yes it was. Only educated people and huge nerds

Good times

I wouldn't go that far but there should be a keyboard requirement for posting on message boards. Phones are designed explicitly for consumption and hardly any input. In order for these places to be engaging we need good input. Phones can't do that.

>food is so important in your life you rather cut off 20 years of life expectancy
t. fatties

For anyone curious why this is, it's because vegans/vegetarians have to actually pay attention to what they're eating and therefore create a balanced diet whereas a "meat eater" is actually a normal person who doesn't give a fuck what they eat. No shit a thoughtfully made planned diet will be healthier than thoughtless eating. Restricting what you eat for only ten extra years though is really pathetic.

This, chimps should not have access to computers.

Also meat is incredibly unhealthy.

this infographic is full of shit.

Red meat can lead to complications if eaten in excess ( > 5oz every day). If you make meat ~10% of your diet, and 3% of that is red, then you will actually live LONGER than a vegan. On top of that, you will be swole, unlike a vegan.

By the way I'm a vegan.

Attached: 20181109_192517-1.jpg (2981x1677, 792K)

shit taste, pulled chicken in a pea-soup with some crackers and a glass of orange-juice would be a much better eat than this half-assed chicken-and-brocoli abonimaiton.

down it with a glass of bleach, faggot.

this is why wiby.me exists, to rebuild the web from the filth

Attached: button.gif (88x31, 2K)

what kind of tofu is that?

nice source faggot

This bloke gets it. Probably more than he realises.

>never reveal it
>im vegan
like pottery

Where is this source
Retard

wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887324423904578523190441042514

>t. butthurt backend programmer

Attached: 30539d.png (500x400, 25K)

Damn why are you onions boys mad?

Where the fuck do you live? I have FTTH 1GB speeds with Bell

Funded by taxpayers.

No, there are lots of retarded rich people who inherited the wealth. What we need is to segregate internet into trusted and external communities. This would solve the actual problem.

>I don't even live in the middle of nowhere
>I'm canadian

>trusted and external communities
can you elaborate?

That was literally never. I've had internet access for almost 30 years and I'm far from rich.

We know, we know.

Even worse when you factor inflation. The M70 was basically equivalent to $10,000 in today's money.

>this
Laws and political correctness, killed most of what was great about the internet

Javascript is great if it isn't overused or used for ad tracking and so on.

did you cook homer simpson?

>8Mbit
why are ameritards like this
can't just say 1MB/s like a normal human been

Probably because that's a different abbreviation.

>I'm vegan and never reveal it

but mine is still 6Mb/s

Attached: 1536418192746.jpg (500x579, 41K)