Why does connecting two windows laptops together to share files have to be so fucking complicated?

Why does connecting two windows laptops together to share files have to be so fucking complicated?
It keeps telling me I don't have permissions and I need to contact my administrator. THAT'S ME. FUCK YOU BILL WHY CAN'T I ACCESS MY OWN FILES

Attached: th.jpg (601x601, 39K)

In GNU/Linux, you just sshfs over and it just werks.
Ditch that trash operating system, kid.

I personally go the retard root and python -m SimpleHTTPServer 7331

Just use netcat bro

>windows laptops
a very important word is missing between those two, care to share which one? im placing a bet on
>ten

I just spent 2 hours trying to get this shit working and failed. In that time I transferred 60GB worth of files to a shitty usb, which is probably enogh anyway as I bought into the SSD meme and only have 200gb of storage on my new laptop anyway.
Fuck man, why do they make it so hard, I thought they'd have sorted this out by now but it's still the same bullshit as it was 10 years ago even with modern laptops.

Attached: 1372913709988.jpg (363x500, 146K)

yeah, windows 10 on both, both are hp laptops with 3rd and 7th gen i5 processors

>listing normie hardware specs
that has nothing to do with the issue at hand
now where is my prize for getting the answer right?

> why do they make it so hard
Weird indeed. Almost as if it was not designed for unauthenticated ad-hoc file sharing, with no ACL enforcement, with no attributes, and so on.

But seriously, if all you need is to send a file, use a tool that is designed just for the job. Use python like suggested above. For python3, use http.server module.

I don't know shit about computers, I thought it would make a difference and give a bit of background, yes these are both normie consumer grade laptops you should in theory be able to just plug and play but you can't and that my friend, is BS.

Here's your prize.

Attached: fuck all of you.jpg (500x442, 63K)

yeah, fuck that I shouldn't have to take a college class to transfer some files
I don't know what a server module is, nor python, I just assumed windows would make it easy, I can actually see the drive I shared on the other computer but it won't let me access it.

>Almost as if it was not designed for unauthenticated ad-hoc file sharing, with no ACL enforcement, with no attributes, and so on.
its almost as if it was designed by people who don't know what the end customer wants and are so caught up in their technical buzzwords and intellectual masturbation that they forget what it is that people actually need and produce shit products that nobody buys anymore except government corporates and autistic NEETs

>I don't know shit about computers
you didnt have to write that, it was heavily implied int the op (only a retard would kill a thread for this)
for future reference, READ THE FUCKING STICKY, this is not a normie tech support forum
as for the prize, rather shallow, i was expecting something on at least a regular pepe price range. what a disappointment you are

PS install gentoo

retarded OP can't even share files on his network

Attached: pebkac.jpg~c200.jpg (200x200, 4K)

ok thanks friend and I will try the python thing when I have time

I wasn't looking for technical support, I just wanted to complain about how shit modern laptops are, that's technology related and this is an open forum so I don't see what the problem is.

>how shit modern laptops
wrong again, your own fault for using wangblows 10, the laptops are fine.
also, this is not tumblr/reddit/blogger either

this is why you have a nonwindows server/nas setup.

what os do you use?
I get your point and this post was the equivalent of posting 'why does all pop music suck' to /mu/

KDE Connect master race

the funny thing is i actually work in corporate IT full time as tech support