>For monitors include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superseded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>FOR GAMING START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make your build to drive it appropriately

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: 1460059107020.jpg (1024x768, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/XYZq9J
pcpartpicker.com/list/dMsvYT
pcpartpicker.com/list/wYnND2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Need a pc for 3d modeling and gaming, is this a decent build?
pcpartpicker.com/list/XYZq9J

>FX CPU
>Rosewill PSU
>Seagate drive

lol enjoy your housefire

pcpartpicker.com/list/dMsvYT

how much of an impact in framerate will I experience if I switch a 3200mhz kit for a 2133mhz kit using ryzen paired to a rx 470/570?

Cool.
Didn't know those were prone to catching fire, thanks for the heads up.

>an fx build in 2018 costs $800

the world we live in..

Lots

The difference is significant, why would you change it though?

why the fuck would you downgrade like that though

pcpartpicker.com/list/wYnND2
a way better computer

Nothing wrong with seagate stop shilling

So I am starting to look at a new build maybe end of this year start of next. Thinking an 8700k and overclock maybe 4.8, not fussed to go all the way to 5.0. Will a DH15 be enough? I am too pussy to delid.

>buying into intel sockets in the year of our lord Late 2018
hope you like dead ends

Shut up shill, its purely for gaming

D15 will be fine, and pushing overclocks much further is diminishing returns anyway.

Thanks friend

>spending $200 more for 5% better performance
and this is why people call you retarded

>intel

They do? Honestly I am only starting out planning, I may go with a 2700X seems easier to OC. But I haven't looked at this shit in years, still running a 4690K

Attached: 1540323741250.jpg (793x786, 54K)

Is AMD really better than Intel? And if so why? I'm new just to let you guys know.

gaming at what resolution
if above 1080p, a 2700x will give basically equal (plus or minus depending on the game) performance to an 8700k. the only time you would ever go 8700/9900k is if you need 240fps at 1080p for competitive gaming, and even then like I said, the socket has no future. AMD's 3xxx series is 6 months or so away and it's all but guaranteed to blow intel's top-end consumer offerings to pieces.

>2700x
>seems easier to OC
2700x can't even oc

no

Attached: relative-performance-games-1920-1080.png (500x1450, 95K)

yes it can, you will have no problems setting a 42x multiplier and getting 4.2ghz across all cores. It just auto OCs better and gives higher single core with PBO.

>4.2
Wow big deal

It's not a good idea, since Intel's chips are housefires sucking down massive watts. Even a mild 4.8GHz OC will likely require absurd cooling, surely a delid.

It's best to see what AMD delivers with 7nm. If those chips can get 4.5GHz+ then they will be the better buy most likely

I meant 2700

At 1080p, with a 1080ti, I want to get over 100 FPS in games like PUBG and Blops 4 maybe, I usually drop the settings also. But also be nice to ultra settings single player games. I will spend about £1500, mobo, CPU, RAM and the GPU, rest I can take out of my current PC, oh and probably a cooler.

>>Seagate drive
Fuck off with this meme, low end WD are equally shitty.

>just wait™ one year for 7nmeme

you're not fooling anybody

And yet, most builds here end up with 2TB seagate. Turns out it's you who's not fooling anybody.

Which one would Jow Forums get? it's for a memezen 1500x that's currently being raped by cities skylines. I don't care about noise, I just want it to be as cool as possible.

Attached: inb4spic.png (1057x1048, 741K)

Whats the difference between cpu driver and mobo driver?

Attached: 1521267645084.gif (260x210, 469K)

yes

Attached: 719b7b96c64743a4f60844c3f1683d665d3c09ae897abb04d991e3602a487ac9.png (349x427, 168K)

/pcbg/ would do well to completely ignore this turncoat FUDery

what's the refresh rate of your monitor

144hz

Attached: h8357683583583578357835.png (1171x958, 62K)

I don't know whats your fucking problem, I literally do not know the answer and I'm new to pc building and I get autist like you on this thread.

with a 1080ti you'll be pushing ridiculous frames at 1080p regardless of cpu, but if you consider yourself TRULY competitive (as in, you could see yourself putting the time in to become professional) in those games you mentioned, intel 8700/9900k is the better option as of this very moment in time if you need every single competitive advantage (in which case you should get a 240hz refresh monitor) as higher frame rate reduces input delay and in heavily single-threaded games intel can push higher fps at 1080p. this is very likely to not be true in 6 months or so when Zen 2 comes out. those processors also come with a hefty pricetag compared to a 2700x.

change that 2700x for a 2700 and the gtx 1080ti for a 2070

>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
Yolo I'm going to get one for my 2600x cause I got a bonus for top saleswoman of the month

Why? Knocks £200 roughly unless I get a better 2070 than a gigabyte. Surely the 1080ti will be more future proof?
What concerns me is with an 8700K I would need a hefty cooler to OC it, with a 2700(x) I don't and OC only gives 5% and I don't mind losing say 20FPS for the cost.

Why
One of the few scenarios Coffeelake still makes a lot of sense.

i miss the time when motherboards looked like pic rel and were named with random letters and numbers
nowadays literally everything has the word "gaming" in it, not to mention the RGB bullshit
is there an intel 300-series chipset board without gay men aesthetics?

Attached: dac8ca3006.jpg (500x397, 160K)

for reference, i have a 2700x/1080ti and a 1440p165 monitor and easily push 100+ fps in every game I play with very few settings turned down. about 130fps in fortnite during close quarters firefights.
8700k is a housefire without delid, 9900k is worse than that even with soldered TIM kek
the wraith prism that comes with the 2700x is actually a really damn good stock cooler. probably a little better than a 212 Evo, personally i didn't want to use it because i was gonna push farther than it would allow OC wise, and it was decently loud. it'll keep you cool at stock PBO though. i went all out with a corsair H150i pro AIO which is super overkill but a 240mm aio or noctua/dark rock would be more than enough for a pretty good OC

they were not entirely random, they had the chipset in the name. you're just too dumb to notice.

*crack*
*sip*

Attached: 721964_2__43484-2[1].jpg (1280x1280, 378K)

same i prefer when times were simpler and video cards looked like this and not filled with unnecessary design and led lighting

Attached: Radeon9250.jpg (1075x720, 224K)

212 is much better than prism lol

everything i've seen says they're within margin of error
either way if he's gonna OC he'll probably want something beefier than those

I've read a few places it is not worth it to OC the 2700x?

I want to use the CPU from a prebuilt for a new build, is it possible that the CPU is made specifically for the motherboard in the prebuilt and wont work for another motherboard?

>8700k is a housefire without delid
It's perfectly fine at 4.8ghz. Take your "mah brand is better than your brand" FUD, and walk off a cliff.

recycling CPUs is fine. 3770s from old Lenovos make for good budget gaming components.

to me it seems kinda pointless to buy flashing LED's if i'm going to hide them inside a case
guess i gotta go with the server market to not get memed

>3200 CL14 Samsung B die ram for $160

Attached: 1388414470959 (1).jpg (530x522, 42K)

He is giving me this advice because I don't want to delid or spend extra on a higher end cooler with my budget. Seems good advice does it not?

Remember a time when casing were just a case and not a brittle glass box?

Attached: computer-cabinet-250x250.jpg (250x250, 11K)

Is there such a thing as a Thin-ITX motherboard for AM4? there are some really nice slim HTPC cases i'd like to use.

All prebuilts use off the shelf components. Using propriatary OEM parts would be way too expensive for them to mass produce unless they are Apple.

Delidding is definitely beneficial when you start pushing much further north of 4.8 to 5.0 (depending on whether your chip is a rock or a gem), but is absolutely not necessary otherwise. Claims delidding is "necessary" is baseless fanboy FUD.
Agreed on saving cash on high end coolers though, as the Wraith Prism is the last cooler you'll need with a 2700X unless you're chasing a more silent setup (claims these coolers are inadequate are also baseless fanboy FUD). Figure on spending $40-60 for an 8700/K cooler on top of the i7 premium over the R7.

This is true for CPUs and dedicated GPUs of course but I don't know about motherboards and power supplies. For example, my father had a Dell brand office PC with a Haswell era pentium but the motherboard was some kind of non-ATX form factor that couldn't be mounted in a normal ATX case due to standoff locations. That's a fairly recent example but I'm sure it varies model to model. My point is that as far as I'm concerned I never bet on big name company prebuilts not having some weird shit in them somewhere.

>form over function

so the way the 2700x works is it raises it's clocks based on temperature automatically. so the beefier cooling solution you have, the higher it'll boost itself up to a certain point (without touching bclk which is an entire other subject, max single core boost is 4.35ghz which you should be able to get on the wraith prism no problem, all core depends heavily on cooling solution, mine is around 4.1ghz all core @ 71c under heavy load in Prime95 sffts)

you can also manually multiplier OC it to whatever you want that's stable and will work with your cooler, though this will hurt your game performance as the CPU will not auto boost itself anymore and your max single core clock will be whatever you set the multiplier to. it also won't downclock at idle if you set a manual OC while PBO will.

Not him but ironically glass cases/side panels are pretty fucking stupid as far as functionality goes.

Should I buy a i9-9900k now or wait until AMD steps it up? 9900k seems like it will be the best non-extreme series processor for the next year

obviously he is an AMD fanboy. If you actually research the processor you'll find that its fine and you dont really have to worry about delidding, unless you want to overclock and maximize your processor

>or wait until AMD steps it up?
You must be delusional if you think zen2 will come anywhere close to 9900k performance

not a fanboy, just a big fan of price/performance and sensible buys based on use case

you're delusional if you think the 3700x won't destroy the 9900k on all fronts lmfao
wheres the 10nm bro i've been waiting for 3 years

As I see it, 2700X I won't have to OC as it has a function similar, I can even stick with the stock cooler or maybe a good air cooler like DH15, or something. If I get that cooler with an 8700K I need to OC it to get the best out of it, and I am not sure I can go 4.8 with an air cooler even like DH15

That's what you say every gen lmao.
No one is falling for your shit

Attached: 1507818309681.jpg (700x5000, 1.83M)

Can I substitute intake front fans with a desk fan?

unless it was 32gb you got ripped off

ironic shitposting is still shitposting

9900k has a performance advantage of between 7-15% depending on workload compared to the 2700x, while also having almost 2x the cost of the 2700x, not coming with a stock cooler, and not having a clear upgrade path on their socket.

9900k will not be able to compete with the combined node shrink/IPC increase/frequency increase/architecture refinements that are coming with Zen2. you'll have to face this eventually.

Whats so great about 32gb? 16gb is enought faggot

I'd agree, but I would have bought faster RAM. 4000mhz+ or bust. Unless you're on a strict budget or something

or you can just stop being a faggot, you probably asked this question on other occasions and you've been given plenty of non-server consumer examples

> glass cases/side panels are pretty fucking stupid as far as functionality goes.
Less so than Choosing an Ironically ugly case is just stupid as choosing a pubescent teen case. Aesthetics are aesthetics whether for ironic or immature reasoning.

he's bullshitting, not only has it been an extremely long time for 3200CL14 B die to be at $160 but 32GB(4x8GB) quad channel will perform worse than dual channel

>Less so than
Not really. Most regular panel cases at least have a mounting for an exhaust fan on the side. What the hell does a clear panel offer? It's purely esthetic.

Why does my SATA 3 SSD have a write speed of 100mb/s when its advertised speed is 400mb/s? I have AHCI mode enabled and I'm only using 40% capacity of the total space.

what SSD? try googling benchmarks of it

>and I am not sure I can go 4.8 with an air cooler even like DH15
Of coarse you can. What the hell makes you think you can't?
The 2700X is definitely better value than the 8700k, but it's also worth looking at the locked 8700 (still boosts to 4.6ghz)for better value. On the same token with Ryzen, it's probably better looking at the 2600X over the 2700X for a gaming system, unless you're a twitch streamer or do a little productivity work aswell.

>assuming it has to be 4 sticks
>assuming quad channel is ever a downgrade
wow

>coarse
Course. Fml.

>4 sticks equals quad channel
I see what you're saying though, dual rank in a single channel usually performs worse and is harder to clock than single rank per channel.

Is there any word on when Asus is releasing their Ryujin AIO? I have a sneaking suspicion that my current one's pump is slowly dying.

But what kind of temps that thing going to sit at then? Not only that, I am a retard and the turbo mode shit makes sense for me on the Ryzen.

>have stupid failing meme AIO with pos Asetek pump
>want another one
epic, simply epic

It's a Kingston drive but nvm i read the spec sheet wrong. Im getting the advertised speeds if I use atto instead of diskmark

>lasted 5 years
>looked better during that time than a giant block of metal in the middle of my case
ebin xDD

>looksfagging
Never gonna make it.

Anywhere from 70 to 80°C under Prime95, or anywhere from 60 to 70° under a gaming load. This is with reasonable fan speeds that aren't too loud.

What's the best phanteks case model? Or other brand cases that are SILENT and have good airflow. Think bang for buck wise.

Sitting on a 5 year old fractal define r2 rn. It's good but some features are getting annoying, Really don't care about leds and the stupid shit.

Go watch a few gamers Nexus videos. Asking here will just get loaded opinions

Phanteks enthoo pro

Intel is really old my dude, like when you hear intel you think of some ancient Atari console and shit. Ryzen sounds fresh and new. The only people who buy Intel are mostly people over the age of 70.

Attached: 1541258394884.jpg (1098x894, 117K)