I want a tablet for comics, I'm willing to spend a lot to get the best experience

I want a tablet for comics, I'm willing to spend a lot to get the best experience.

The Tab S4 is high on my list, but my past samsung phones have burned in at the notification bar and I don't wanna spend $600+ on something that will degrade within 2 years.

Should I get the newer iPad Pro? get the S4 with a long ass Square Trade warranty maybe?

Attached: samsung-galaxy-tab-s4-3.jpg (1600x1200, 176K)

Other urls found in this thread:

testufo.com/ghosting
youtu.be/nAT0j-8zx2s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kindle e-ink like stuff for b&w comic and manga.
Don't get an iPad because its shit

I read both Western comics and manga, need a colorful and vibrant screen.

I don't like apple or their money grabbing tactics, but I'm also considering the new cheapest ipad pro 11" (for comics, manga and possibly drawing with the pen). I'm thinking it will last a while and not shit itself like most of the android tablets/phones do over time.

I'm sure the S4 internals will last, OLED just has me worried it might degrade in a few years.

I could see the iPad lasting awhile, also 3rd party batteries will be on the market for the iPad for quite awhile.

I bought an used Samsung galaxy tab rooted it and so far it's pretty comfy.
I also own a lg pad with lineage and most of Google stuff deactivated it also works fine enough.
Tachiyomi and tachiyomieh works fine, kind essential.

>faster response time and 100,000 better actual contrast
or
>slow response time and shitty colors + the inability to display the color black
hmmmmm

Attached: Comb07112018022656.jpg (720x1182, 206K)

>I don't wanna spend $600+ on something that will degrade within 2 years.
>lagPad
Pick one.

Attached: 1525285042535.png (1536x2048, 256K)

>best experience

iPad Pro 2018. Bar none. Fuck even a $329 2018 iPad is pretty damn good. For tanks install iComic and save goddess in your bookmarks. Download zip and open in iComic. For weeklies use Manga Rock. The app costs like $5 but the app maker hosts all downloads (rather than scrapping other sites) and shit is updated religiously and can be set to autodownload in the background so you have new chapters almost as soon as they are available in the wild. It's a GREAT experience. Seriously though if you've got the money the 120hz screen on the iPad Pro is awesome for general browsing and everyday use.

Attached: 1280737257501.png (1024x1024, 223K)

How bad is the screen ghosting due to high response time?

testufo.com/ghosting

Are the UFOs blurry when you follow them with your eyes?

Attached: sponge.jpg (720x960, 69K)

It's actually worse than the iPaid propane

Attached: Comb09112018103704.jpg (720x2184, 257K)

>2018 iPad

looks fine. the 120hz panel on the Pro should be a non-issue.

By fine do you mean the UFO looks crystal clear like pic related on the right while following it? Be honest.

Attached: ghosting-comparison-1024x494.jpg (1024x494, 115K)

POO IN LOO

Attached: 1531465009816.jpg (643x960, 256K)

120hz doesn't change the response time afaik

120 Hz doesn't correspond to response time. The iPad is updating the screen every 8 ms, but it takes the panel 25 ms to change the pixels, at least for black to white and gray to gray. In the case of the UFO test though, green to red (the background to UFO colors) might be less of a worse case scenario than black to white or gray to gray.

It would actually be worse since black to white is usually the screens minimum actual response time.

I love the eternally fast alien.

Attached: Lenna_(test_image).png (512x512, 463K)

Just get iPad Pro (10.5 is good enough). The only other choice is the latest Surface, but if yoo don't have a huge hateboner for Apple, don't bother with it.
Android tablets are universally shit. Don't ever bother with them.

Attached: 5c0.png (495x398, 77K)

That's interesting since it's changing the most subpixels the furthest from their initial state.

it doesn't even look like far right on my desktop lcd monitor (a dell u2711). and what does it matter as far as reading manga goes? or consuming any media for that matter? you're not going to be playing competition level CS:GO on the device. and if you're weighing specs you should maybe consider the CPU and GPU specs rather than pixel response time because the Galaxy Tab S4's SoC is barely on par with a 2 year old iPhone.

iPads are absolute fucking garbage, literally anything is better.

Son, have I told you story about the fox and the grapes?

Attached: Sn3xfay.png (688x1434, 112K)

APPLEFAGS BTFO

Just buy a galaxy tab A. If it breaks after a year you didn't shell out for anything expensive anyway.

ios doesnt have tochiyomi, the best manga app

Amoled experience is unparalleled for manga and books. The infinite contast makes blacks pop. For books, you can have longer autonomy/reading sessions and less eye strain if you make pdf background black.

Ipads screens are extremely accurate color wise. Better for photography. For comics if you value fidelity over saruration (amoled)

>extremely accurate color
lmao, anyone doing any kind of color grading has to use the highest end desktop monitor (ie not imacs) or oled. Don't pretend like apple can cram the highest end ips display on a ducking tablet.

Attached: oled-laptop-graph-display-contrast-ratio-1375x917 (1).png (1375x917, 32K)

>his $650 android flagship tablet has a worse cpu & gpu than a value iPad half its price

laughing whores.png

>"buhhhh buh mah gookbench"
I can hear you sobbing.

Attached: IMG_1899.png (1136x640, 1M)

>inb4 you spam gookbench and HW video/image encoding benchmarks

the answers you seek are Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 and/or Asus Zenpad Z10

Did I strike a nerve?

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 7K)

lemme get a samurai
boneless

You quoted a point about accuracy. Show me delta-e mesures, not contrast ratios.

Not the highest but apple has always been selling their shit calibrated. Amoled is getting more accurate by the year though, it got its shit together recently and the difference got unoticeable (Notebookcheck.net review) So yeah you're right an S4 would get the edge. But measurably ipad is still slightly more accurate. Even though unoticably so. (1.9 againt 2.5)

Think HDR my man.

Attached: 1463328573645.jpg (951x1036, 226K)

What is she even talking about?

Attached: camel picking up a stick.jpg (446x501, 32K)

Think vertical takeoff with massive Gs my man.

Attached: 1539655079866.jpg (768x1024, 106K)

!

Attached: Kiki-Leaving-Home.gif (500x258, 994K)

>Kindle
Don't get an amazon swindle. I like mine because I hardware jailbroke it, but you're better off looking at brands like Kobo.
That way you will actually feel like you own your device and won't have to pay a ransom to not have your kindles lockscreen dispay covers of smut books.
I could NOT take my swindle in public becase there was always an oily naked couple in that "facing eachother erotic book cover" pose that smutty books have.
Amazon customer service will remove it for free if you call and complain from the position of being an angry prude... but you shouldn't HAVE to call. Your ereader should not be full of "special offers".
Also, the larger versions of Kobos are max comfy for manga.

Unless you actually need the extra horsepower for rendering or some shit get the iPad 2018.

Wait a few days and get the Barnes & Noble Nook 10.1 they're releasing on November 20th. 10.1" IPS panel, 1920x1200 resolution, 32GB internal (Android 8 OS I believe), microSD slot, $130.

That's gonna be fucking tough to beat by anybody. It'll be on sale for $120 for about 10 days after the introduction too. Going to have a proper actually fucking useful dock finally with pogo pins on the left side.

Only took what, 11 fucking years for some company to do a dock the right way other than BlackBerry with the PlayBook.

Attached: PROD-13193_Nook10-1_Hero_Preorder_1105.jpg (1440x394, 108K)

Fire HD 10 does the same thing and has a dock too

>worse cpu & gpu
Have you gotten enough onions today?

Attached: 1517973618193.webm (1280x546, 2.79M)

You're supposed to recalibrate your display every few months. Mobile devices are already out of the question if color accuracy is what's important because they will degrade and you need a near universal way to apply color profiles for correction. Also, there's no such thing as an accurate technology beyond covering the color range necessary to generate those colors. They're not all individually calibrated. There's 0 chance Samsung and the chinks produce a specific color profile unique to each panel they make. Most likely they're manufactured consistently and a general color profile is loaded for the hardware LUT because they know each panel will be within some acceptable margin. Samples will vary somewhat. Calibration just has to be handled at the OS level by the end users. That said access to the monitor's hardware look up table would be nice. Some desktop displays actually had that feature, and for a while some software could load it onto AMD GPU's LUT rather than the OS level color profile.

I found the Nook 8.9 HD+ for 7 bucks cause they thought it was a digital photo frame, lol. Same specs except for big bezel with weird hole thing, passable dual core OMAP, and a frustrating 1GB of RAM. Nice device RAM withstanding.

Attached: IMG-0048-1-5.jpg (600x400, 89K)

As someone who has owned the last gen iPad Pro for a year or so now, get it. Honestly the comfiest piece of fucking tech I've touched in ages. I dunno what you specifically need for reading comics and shit, but iOS is pretty limiting so make sure you at least check that it won't cuck you. Selling my current iPad Pro soon to fund the newest one because it without a doubt BTFO's any tablet on the market. Unironically well worth that horrendous price tag.

>Fire HD 10 does the same thing and has a dock too
>he has to violate the terms of his warranty to install apps
no way bezofag

>tfw fell for the apple meme

Attached: 1518048344336.png (429x245, 38K)

Attached: akrales_181101_3064_0078.jpg (2040x1360, 633K)

Get the new iPad Pro (small one) tried it out in the store, it feels very nice for on the go reading and maybe sketching a little. If you want to draw more professionally i'd recommend the bigger one.

You can load in PDFs into Apple Books. Most ebook platforms have an iOS app. There are many file browser apps, and Safari is very good as a web browser for this sort of stuff.

How about one of the higher spec chinkshit things? They seem good value.

>no Tachiyomi
>IPS screen

Damn shame.

Uh dude it won't be full of special offers if you just don't buy the special offers version

Those Samsung tabs are worth it just for the qHD OLED screen alone. Text and B&W manga look so awesome on them.

I would get the Tab S3 due to its 4:3 aspect ratio and cheaper price.

Is there even an affordable e-ink device with a 7 inches screen (or more) and sd card support?

Reading manga on my Kindle 4 sucks: small fonts are almost unreadable and there isn't enough storage.

I don't know if there are many apps but my surface pro 4 and surface book are really good for reading manga and comics online so i'm willing to bet the surface go is perfect for comics because of the size

Just an fyi - screen burn in is covered under warranty. Warranty is 2 years. They'll cover it so long as you haven't voided it or give them some other excuse to turn it down. You know how company's are. Unfortunately this is an artefact of OLED panels.

When I had my note 8s screen replaced after 11 months btw, they replaced the whole chassis, screen and battery as standard so it's basically a fresh device. Fucking a.

Although for tablets, I think you should get an iPad. Android tablets just aren't up to scratch imo. But that's just my opinion.

youtu.be/nAT0j-8zx2s

Best reviewer on the iPad

I have enjoyed reading manga on my Mi Pad 4. There is also a 10 inch edition is 8 is not enough for you.

Attached: DSC_0194.jpg (2000x1250, 356K)

>affordable e-ink device
No.

although ipads are the best tablets, it doesnt have tachiyomi. good software>hardware.