Do you really need to know advanced math to be a good programmer, and if so, what branches are most important?

Do you really need to know advanced math to be a good programmer, and if so, what branches are most important?

Attached: 1316239119346.jpg (1000x1024, 326K)

No mate, just learn HTML, CSS and JavaScript. In fact just skip JS and use React. :) You almost don't to know anything, just import node modules.

high school math

branch: computer science

No, you don't need to know advanced math to be a good programmer. Despite this; however, knowing math I would argue can help you to be a "better" programmer. Math you typically need I'm CS is dependent upon what you are doing but anything in the realm of "discrete mathematics" is helpful. This includes number theory, combinatorics, graph theory, and in some cases a hint of abstract algebra. I would suggest you at least try to learn some of these things as they help to expand your mind, but they are not an absolute must.

t.mathfag

If you write business software, it is almost certain you will not need to know more than how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide to be about as good as the typical monkeys and pajeets in industry. If you want to be more skilled than that trash, you should know combinatorics, Boolean algebra, graphy theory, and linear algebra.

Any other mathematics are probably not going to be used unless you happen to develop software for another field (engineer, physics, geology, meteorlogy, economics [kek]) that requires the use of differential equations or more advanced mathematics.

Is there a catch to this or is it just 21*5*21*5?

Discrete mathematics, numerics, linear algebra and of course logic.

Attached: 1541186339917.jpg (1080x1080, 134K)

I think that "Y" should count for both because "yoyo" and "nyny" both seem realistic, right?

Who is this semen demon?

This isn't a human

Where are this boy's parents?

Attached: CS guide.png (1068x1142, 178K)

Data science and machine learning require a lot of advanced math.

21*5*5

can anyone ID that camera? it looks like a Nikon d610 but its not perfect (back looks super flat), also her view finder is ballooning out in a weird way, will attach in 2nd post

Attached: images(2).jpg (259x194, 6K)

its kind of bubbly, maybe a piece of paper?

Attached: unknowncam.jpg (639x640, 28K)

Please don't make me sad

Attached: k8LlM3i.png (785x678, 463K)

ask /p/

Probably not. I took calc 1-3/multivariable calc, matrix algebra, diff eq, discrete math, and still suck at programming.

Oh, and I took stats & probability.

it's only 650 because it has to be 2 unique letters.

Depends on the application. You definitely need to know high school math at least (algebra, geometry, etc.) to understand algorithms.

Abstract algebra and category theory. Oh, and some combinatorics.

no, thats right. im not sure if the question is implying that the two consanents are always the same letter though. in that case it would just be 21*5*21

What do you want to work on

You need to know abstract math like dividing by three and five.

even for elliptic curve cryptography you dont need to know any more than high school algebra. all the math you will ever need in programming can just be self taught

>You need to know abstract math like dividing by three and five.
Bitch, math is all abstract.

it's 5 * 21 * 5 * 21
so 11,025

If you want to be pajeet raish n°12352 and get paid 200 bucks a month for being a code monkey probably not, otherwise I'd say that discrete maths, linear algebra, calculus, algorithms and statistics are quite useful if you choose the CS path

It's infinite you idiots, nowhere does it state “of length 4“

>react
......... Ok Zuckerberg didn't know you used this website.

That's so not true I'm a c++ dev and I'm a cute trap. Everyone should learn c++ as their first language.

retard it's implied in the specified pattern

Wrong.
The first two letters have to be the same as the last two, so it's only 21 * 5.

Where does it say that? All it says is that it has to follow the vowel-consonant-vowel-consonant pattern. If you look at the examples, one of them is "TATI", which clearly does not adhere to your "the first two letters have to be the same as the last 2" pattern.

A streamer probably. Not sure what you find him though.

Y doesn't count as a vowel sadly

>Tfw found a job by learning html/css/js
It just werks

same. then I learned on the job now I actually feel competent. don't know shit about math though.