Why are motherboards so cheap now?

Attached: 1537236521160.png (246x342, 85K)

Because

>ASRock
>Niko VRM and Chink chokes and capacitors
>Shitty to no heatsinks
>Low quality in general
That is why.

sounds like the typical AMD setup

Not like Intel is any better. Enjoy your 3 phase Strix Z390 ITX motherboard, or your 4 phase Maximus Formula

lmao

>amd drones this delusional

Attached: index.jpg (205x246, 12K)

He wasn't lying

bullshit. show me a z390 board that has a 3 phase design.
>pro tip, you can't

Attached: poozen.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

nobody is stupid enough to buy amd

>4 phase on a flagship board is so much better
Nice cope

>Asus finally reintroduce the Gene namesake for the Maximus 11
>it's a fucking 4 phase
One day someone will make a respectible mATX

Strix Z390-I gaming

Even buildzoid said himself that he is disgusted

lel. The fucking Strix range.
Even the budget Prime-Pro X470 is a fucking 6 phase board.

Oversupply from the collapse of cryptomeme?

they're like diamonds, chinks literally have warehouses full of them, they just wait for right time in market to dump

Just fucking slap a 40mm noctua fan on the VRM and it will perform better than the VRM of a $150 motherboard.

Probably a lot of surplus seeing as Ryzen 2000 series is nearly a year old now, and they want to clear room for the new z390 boards.

I'm not jerry rigging my fucking PC
I want things to look clean, sleek, almost alien
oh right you're one of those contrarian autists who like blank shitboxes with no rgb or windows haha hipster faggot, you're no better than the shits who buy apple and scoff at real computers

>oh right you're one of those contrarian autists who like blank shitboxes with no rgb or windows haha hipster faggot, you're no better than the shits who buy apple and scoff at real computers
actually, rgb and casewindow niggers are the same as applefags because they value aesthetics over anything else. in fact, rgb and casewindow niggers are worse because the aesthetics they prize are basically the aesthetic equivalent of mountain dew and doritos

>The fucking Strix range.
The problem is not the entire Strix range though--their X370 and X470 boards are pretty decent, especially the latter. The rest are horrible though

amd motherboards are ugly. theres only gamer models for them. at least theres server boards and oem boards for intel.

asrock still has the best mobos you faggot.

>at least theres server boards and oem boards for intel.
If you really want green PCB, there is the Dell Inspiron that had Ryzen inside.

Motherboard manufacturers unloading as many stock as they can before next year hits.

They aren't? The only decent b450 mobo (msi tomahawk) costs 110€

??? I see the same shitty 4 phase vrm on the b40 msi tomahawk.

Just buy the cheapest 4 phase and put a 40mm cooler on it.

>Just buy the cheapest 4 phase and put a 40mm cooler on it.
Just buy the cheapest 4 phase with heatsink and put a 40mm cooler on it.

Fixed for me.

but my PC has great airflow/temps, good cable management AND rgb/case window? get bent homo, don't compare this to a shitty apple product

Attached: this is you.jpg (600x369, 32K)

Lot of competition between brands.
Unlike in the CPU/GPU market.

user was talking about Z390. Talking Intel specifically, Asus's entire Z390 range is a complete joke compare to their outgoing Z370. Talking AMD specifically, I'm not entirely confident of them going forward from their current excellent X470 to the successor (X570?).

>user was talking about Z390.
I did not exactly get that because other than the Strix Z390 ITX, the Strix Z390-F and Z390-E 's VRMs are actually upgraded and closer to the equivalent generation Maximus Hero as compared to the Z370 generation, whereby the Strix E/F's VRMs are literally trash tier.

They are still not good, but the Strix's VRMs actually improved from 4 phases(improper doubling), Vishay discrete FETs (SiRA12 iirc for Low side) with really bad High RDS(On) (>4milli-Ohm) [Source: Buildzoid's analysis on the Z370-G gaming, the F/E has identical VRMs to the G] to 4 phases(improper doubling), On Semi PowerStages(which are significantly better, slightly lower rated current than the SiC639 used on Hero/Code/Formula)[Source: hardwareluxx VRM chart]. The Strix VRMs are now largely the same as the Hero, except with slightly worse powerstages and potentially worse capacitors.

Therefore, shoving other brands aside and solely looking the Strix-F/E boards versus the Hero, the Hero's appeal isn't that great, as compared to last generation. Of course, the Z390 elite from Gigabyte still blows both of those boards out of the water, at a significantly lower price.

>Talking Intel specifically, Asus's entire Z390 range is a complete joke compare to their outgoing Z370. Talking AMD specifically, I'm not entirely confident of them going forward from their current excellent X470 to the successor (X570?).

Based on buildzoid's predictions[Source: His Maximus XI Hero analysis @ Gamers Nexus], they are getting rid of all the doublers to save cost, so the outlook on Asus X570 VRM quality is indeed bleak.

It's Asrock, they overclock like crap and will have their chink capacitors buldge in no time.

Call me when worthy brands like ASUS price their motherboards the same.

You could have had a better looking PC with the same great airflow, temps and cable management while spending less money on useless crap and not having a PC that looks like a 14 year old's one

because they sell new models to dumb people every year when in reality with a custom bios they can last 5years

>custom bios

Z170/Z270 requires more than a modded BIOS to run a 9900K; you might need to tape out/cut off 2 pins on the socket, you have to bridge the 2 SKTOCC pads together, you need to downgrade the Intel Management Engine in addition to modding the BIOS, and since the last version of ME that does not block the new CPUs is vulnerable to an infamous ME exploit, you need to run ME_Cleaner as well and still suffer from 1 of the 3 possible exploits for the affected ME version. Also, modding the BIOS itself have multiple steps, such as increasing the maximum threads the motherboard sees, the PCIe lanes, the iGPU modifications etc.

A lot of work has to be done. This is not your run-of-the-mill BIOS mod that adds SLIC tables, upgrade your microcode or add NVMe booting functionality.

Why would I need more than 3 phases on the morbo if my electricity is 3-phase

I mean, you're already dumb if you're upgrading your CPU every year, so...

Boards from Asus, MSI, etc are identical between AMD and Intel. Just different chipset and socket.
This board has gone full tech illiterate.

>It's Asrock, they overclock like crap and will have their chink capacitors buldge in no time.
I ran a Assrock board with a FX-6350 at 1.45Vcore and 5GHz for five years. Come again now, what's crap?

>instantly turns into butthurt fanboy shitposting thread
>[spoiler]STARTED BY INTEL FANBOYS[/spoiler]
You can't make this shit up. Literally most pathetic user base.

>tfw no spoiler

Attached: Laughing Whore.jpg (762x900, 161K)

>form over function
Neo-Jow Forums everyone

>Shitty
>Low quality

>Sounds like an AMD set up
Yup, you hit the nail right on the head.

Cheap labor