Hey Jow Forums what's the worst linux distro you've ever used?

Just curious

Attached: Linux headass.jpg (193x228, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

debian.org/social_contract#guidelines
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

between debian, arch, ubuntu, fedora, centos, rhel and kali. Arch.

All things considered, GoboLinux

fpbp
all linux distros suck

linux

ubuntu gnome

Arch followed by Source Mage (around 2005/2006)

Antergos

Any recent Ubuntu version
Fuck you canonical. I really hope you go to shit.

PS: I used to be a release engineer at canonical

Ubuntu 8.10 was pretty bad, so is whatever kind of Red Hat that the school lab uses.

Yellow Dog Linux on the PS3

Antergos. The installer was broken. I tried it again 3 years later and it was still broken.

Zorin, when it was just getting started. Shit was more broken than Scooter's momma's girl parts.

Cunilinux

ubuntu. came default on my laptop, hated it and installed arch shortly after I bought it

OpenSUSE

I’ve used Ubuntu (Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Lubuntu), Debian (stable and testing), Fedora. Manjaro, Opensuse and Arch

The worst, by a large margin was Manjaro.

I’ve been using Debian stable since stretch was released, so about a year, and have finally found the perfect distro. I don’t think I’ll ever switch again.

But seriously fuck Manjaro

Fedora or Debian.

rpm and apt are fucking awful, fedora is buggy and debian has shit package support

Ubuntu 18.something GNOME

Android.

troll

Ubuntu, Debian.

Manjaro

Unironically Gentoo

probably mint

Debian is the worst piece of shti I've ever used in my entire life. Every single aspect of it sucks. The hardware support sucks , the software repos suck, the package manager sucks. I would literally rather use any other operating system.

I installed Manjaro on my ThinkPad and fucking hated it.

>Closing the laptop lid caused some retarded screen issue, managed to fix it
>Installed the most recent (((proprietary))) GPU driver, somehow installing catalyst fucked Whisker menu, and it lost my config
>Graphics performance somehow managed to be worse
>Uninstall and reinstall free drivers
>Things seemed ok
>Few days later random crash while Pacman -Syu
>Have to hard reset as nothing is doing anything
>Whoops looks like it somehow managed to corrupt lightDM and I have a cli only system now
>Use LiveUSB to recover light DM, recovery and repair seems to go well reboot
>Whoops looks like grub is now fucked and you have no efi partition

And that's when I reinstalled Xubuntu

Fuck Manjaro. If you're going to make a "just wurks" distro, make it actually work

>fuck manjaro
Any reason why?

Distributions are not operating systems. They are all GNU/Linux, which is the operating system.

>baby can’t compile drivers

Stick with Ubuntu

Broke more than arch or Debian sid

Seemed gay.

Void Linux.
I wanted to check it out and
>shitty split package manager
>packages segfaulting all over the place
>no system log in default setup
>a lot of the shit I used misses entirely
>package hosting provider is a botnet
>retarded shitty init system without proper timers

Arch. The only good thing is the wiki.

Xandros, it came with my Eee PC

I have literally encountered only one major bug in my last 5 years of usage.

OpenSuse Tumbleweed

Leap is ok but tumbleweed is just fucking mess

mint with cinnamon like 4 years ago (it was shite)

Ubuntu when it went to unity.

Server's still ok.

lol, being free of bugs isn't the only criterium for good software. fucking linuxtards

You're right, it's not the only criterium, it's the only one that matters. Fucking mouthbreathers.

What i don't like is the "we don't need an installer" attitude. It's just retarded.

between ubuntu, debian, arch and gentoo. debian

Elementary OS

based

It gives you a lot more flexibility and actually the installation process is pretty easy

>Antergos
Can't get its shit togheter. Tons of bugs all around, No LXDE but has Gnome bloat shit as default DE. Shit installer too. If it wasn't for the LXQt bullshit Lubuntu is pulling this would be my top pick for the worst distro.
>Ubuntu
Gnomeshit bloat (~5% CPU and almost 1GB RAM usage on bootup). More buggy than rolling release distros. Amazon Spyware shit. Like what the fuck is it supposed to be user friendly when basic things like wine are not working out-of-the-box, duh gotta make your own shortcut to open .exe files or use winefile whereas on arch it straight up works right after installing.
>Debian
Stable my asshole, when the installer simply fails to install grub, had to use the outdated LILO instead. Very outdated packages at the point where you get better stability from the latest versions rather than using something that's 5 year old.
>Mint
Cinnamon is almost as bloated as Gnome and is incredibly ugly by default. Has tons of bloat installed by default but basic stuff like wine is still mising, just like most of those user friendly distros. Literally nothing to make it stand out in a sea of other distros who cater to begginers. Zorin is literally a million times better than it.
>Manjaro
May as well win the award for the most broken distro. Deleting some of the bloat it has included crapped the whole package installer and had to reinstall. No distinction between official packages and AUR. Shit community. Just use Arch instead.
>openSUSE
Poor man's Fedora with more bugs. Thumbleweed has outdated packages. Literally useless.
>Lubuntu 18.10
Dumbest shit ever. Let's ditch a perfect DE, take a garbage Qt one, bloat it to the hell and back then pretend it's XFCE, all this while it defeats the whole point of using Lubuntu (Modern day Ubuntu distro for old PCs). The ISO is half a GB more bloated compared to 18.04, 100MB more ram usage, and slower than XFCE. They also ended the support for "older hardware" and will soon enough drop the 32-bit support.

>debian has shit package Support.
>has literally the most number of packages of any distro

arch

CloverOS

>actually the installation process is pretty easy
That's the reason you create an installer. To automate such an easy task.

KDE Neon

i agree, i use emacs and have a bashrc modified so i dont have to type out full annoying commands and macros. just have an installer to the bare minimum point evrn if its just a choice. software choice still should be your own after its mounted to your ssf

>even
>ssd
i have a problem typing time for bed

Debian. Not even joking.

explain why please

Debian 9 is a stable distro that didn't come out that long ago. Certainly not 5 years ago. It might not change a lot in the next 5 years but at the moment you can get a stable install that isn't ancient yet. You can also upgrade it to testing or Sid at any point if your packages aren't new enough for you. I don't think you'll have stability issues with Debian stable once it's installed. I don't know what happened with your grub there.

debian

debian. I swear to god it's even more difficult than Arch and Gentoo. They have everything fucked up, I downloaded their ISO with"unstable" branch to have at least some new software, but during the install it wasn't possible to get the mirrors, tried to google it, found this shit bug in some 2013 mailing lists and it's still not fixed. You have to downloads old """""stable""""" ISO and only then put some repositories, some free, non free, contrib, community, source, jesus fuck, who the fuck even wants to do it? And then after apt-get *pukes* starts to SLOWLY install everything it all gets BROKEN, packages fail to install, some new broken dependencies etc. I've never managed to get it done with the unstable branch. debian is probably the most meme distro ever, I even refuse to write it with a capital letter.

>Absolute brainlet can’t even configure apt in Debian

Stick with Ubuntu

Manjaro, and I wanted to like it. Kernel panic upon booting up after install, wiped out the MBR so I couldn't get back into Windows to fix it, and as a result I didn't have a working computer for a couple days until I got back home. Not to mention there was some weird quiet high pitched buzzing sound when headphones were plugged in.

not that guy but I just installed debian

what are these contrib community etc repos that I'm apparently supposed to install??

Isn't that the one with the different filesystem

How'd it work out in practice? I always felt like it was a better way to organize than how all the other distros do it

GNU/Linux.

All these loonixlets who can't even into debian...

>contrib packages contain DFSG-compliant software, but have dependencies not in main (possibly packaged for Debian in non-free).

>non-free contains software that does not comply with the DFSG.
debian.org/social_contract#guidelines
enable contrib and nonfree if you want some more bells and whistles that are just FOSS

*aren't* just FOSS

Elementary OS for sure. They set out to adapt Apple's Human Interface Design Guidelines and ended up with yet another GTK theme as a distro.
also their bundled software is shit.

linux mint, shudders

Manjaro is fucking disgusting

I've only used Slackware, Arch, and Manjaro. I can't say anything bad about either of them, other than that BTRFS is a pile of shit so don't use it.

Windows

+1. Elementary is a good concept, bad implementation. Their "coders" are basically designers. I can't even minimize Qt applications. WTF?

Void is also good concept, bad implementation. Nice minimal Unixy system filled with obscure bugs that even systemd-based distros don't have.

out of... debian, alpine, arch, gentoo, kali, fedora, slackware, void and tinycore

arch is a hard first and fedora is a close second

>Ubuntu 11.04 Unity.
First LTS with Amazon botnet + buggy as shit.
>Arch
Just being Arch.

Attached: touch_gf.png (866x635, 236K)

Ubuntu
Even when running it with more sensible DE's (Xubuntu), I've had more random freezes and crashes and system breakages in a few months than I've had in years of running Debian Sid and Arch.

i dont think any were that bad but the ones i have the worst memories of are fedora and linux mint

Anything unsupported is a nightmare. I guess the most exotic was ALTLinux, RHEL-based distro with the Debian package management system.

Redcore Linux
just a horrible distro, supposedly based on Gentoo, was just testing it on a LiveUSB and left it on my desktop over night. By the time I got up and checked task manager it was using 9/16 GB of RAM, and the coloring scheme was absolutely horrid, just one giant mess of a distro

Manjaro. Never had more issues with any distro, including arch.

I’m convinced all the people shilling it are first time users who don’t know what a good gnu/linux distro is meant to feel like. Everything about it left a bad taste in my mouth.

MX Linux
Commies can't do anything right other than cheap guns and vodka

Showing muh age a bit here, but..
Corel Linux

Got it on a pcmag disc. Had used mandrake and then debian so thought
>this must be the shiznizzle

It wasn't.

>tfw I've been using debian (in one form or another) for longer than muh eldest kid's been alive...

Attached: Julie.png (1918x1075, 874K)

According to Distrowatch

>Origin: Greece, USA

You're right, these countries are Communist shitholes.

easily arch and centos

>this retard can't even read

>According to Distrowatch
>>Origin: Greece
Fuggin Gommies! Never paying their debnts!

The one with systemd

>Nice minimal Unixy system filled with obscure bugs that even systemd-based distros don't have.
elaborate

Arch.

Learn to read, wintard.

MIPS is Greek, but Anti-X is made by that gommie fagut Anticapitalista

May i ask why? am planning to switch to Manjaro from ubuntu. u scared me lol

Don’t. It’s horrible. Just check through this thread. Manjaro is easily the winner of worst distro.

Ubuntu is actually offensive to me. Between Amazon and snapd I nearly projectile vomited.

Attached: 1441395879883.png (546x1268, 151K)

Either Debian or Manjaro. Obviously, for very different reasons, but, nonetheless, they're both very shitty distros. You'd never know a just-werks distro like Ubuntu is based on Debian, if nobody told you.

Debian isn’t a just works distro, but if you’re not a brainlet it’s easiest LG the comfiest gnu/linux experience.

fedora. was broken constantly

Why arch?

thats unity not ubuntu. lurk moar

Manjaro

Ubuntu. Everything just works on Debian, CentOS, Fedora, Suse, and even the BSDs. But Ubuntu, it's useless for workstations and servers. All it can do is browse facebook and watch hentai

It simply refused to install it, giving some generic warning "Grub failed to install" or something like that, can't remember exactly. I had to use lilo instead.

all except Arch

Attached: download.png (1920x1080, 2.92M)