What's your favourite GNU/Linux distro Jow Forums?

>pic unrelated

Attached: 43914669_314061149191018_2626381718671633680_n.jpg (1080x1350, 101K)

Gentoo

Antergos.

Trisquel

Bump
Also specify why your favourite distro deserves good boi points.

Gentoo because I like watching stuff compile

A R C H
R
C
H

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1538188929261.gif (421x248, 64K)

Xubuntu
Just werks
Can still customize
Totally lightweight, I rarely use more than 30% of my cpu
Does what I want
Can terminal to do stuff or gui
Amazon spyware is disabled, first tging i did was remove it

>Amazon spyware is disabled
That's what you think

based

Yas

Debian
>stable
>gud
>deb+ian
>not shit
When will the rest of you fags join me in the best distro, Jow Forums?

personally:
>1. devuan
>2. pclinuxos
>3. solus
based off how little them w/ loli background and retarded i3gap setups. These distros can only be used by people with masculine cocks.

functionally:
>1. arch
>2. ubuntu server LTS
>3. fedora server (fucking amazing install)
these distros all have good documentation and solutions, easy to service once you understand what they can and can't do

freedom loving:
>1. gentoo
>2. devuan
>3. fsf list
Gentoo is freedom. RMS can suck my dick, it gives you the choice to use free or not free, and it will always work because it directly scales with you. if RMS compliant then Devuan, bless it too.

Worst DE:
>1. Cinnamon
>2. Puppy's implementation of JWM+Openbox
>3. i3gaps
Cinnamon gives a bad name to Linux, which is the exact opposite you want to do when your main selling point is to sell Windows users on linux.
Puppy linux is a nightmare of stimulation, I don't even have autism
i3gaps, while nice looking, promiscuously got the reddit dagger dick so friendship ended. also it wastes space and needs to be compiled unless you use AUR. Use compositor for window focus.

Best for beginners:
>1. Xubuntu (Windows 7)
>2. KDE Neon (Windows 10 or Mac)
>3. Chrome* OS (Grandma lol)
Ubuntu is an easy platform for end user to google, KDE has good appstore for Mac users and have a proper multiscreen window tiler and search feature (something windows 7 users are smart enough to figure out themselves)
chrome for maintainability, I think it was technically built off of linux and can another de doing something I forget.

Most disappointing
>1. Puppy Linux
>2. Ubuntu MATE
>3. Zorin OS
I couldn't get excited for puppy, I just don't understand its use case.
MATE has too many annoying defaults and missing features (terminal making noises, doesn't have an intuitive window tiler, slow application launcher, useless status bars) that I can't recommend it despite being an amazing technical DE. I grew up using xfce.
Zorin looks sexy but XFCE is more stable.

Attached: puppy.png (1920x1080, 129K)

You said Cinnamon gives bad name to linux? How it's technically bad?
>i3gaps
Use plain i3wm instead. That's what i3 is supposed to be. Gaps is a hack. It won't be merged in the main tree anytime soon.

Goddamnit faggot I thought I was reading an intelligent post and then you had shit on cinnamon. Fuck you.

T. Devuan + cinnamon guy

opensuse leap
stable like debian with much newer packages

NixOS

+1

>freedom loving:
. gentoo
What the fuck

The only thing I hate about suse in the pattern thing. The whole distro is confusing af to understand. Gentoo was easier than suse?
Could any SUSE fanbois explain?

openSUSE

Arch

based

Manjaro with KDE. I works well, the community is great and I really like the rolling release concept.

> first tging i did was remove it
Xubuntu doesn't have an Amazon shortcut.

>Manjaro with KDE
cringe as fuck. just go back to Windows bro

PcLinuxOs. It's free of systemd and is good for shitposting.

slackware!

aside from making me feel 25+ years older than i actually am i loved it the minute i got it up and running the first time. it lets me do my own thing, package manager doesn't even resolve dependencies, doesn't treat me like a child. i'll give in that it DOES use sysvinit, but anything is better than that systemd autism.

also a lot of the packages built for it anyway are obnoxiously obsolete so i can warm my feetsies when building shit on my thinkpad

>i3gaps
>needs to be compiled unless you use AUR

Are you autistic

Arch

Manjaro with i3.

Slackware, Devuan, and Trisquel

Fedora.

Attached: 1541258360446.jpg (746x752, 54K)

fpbp

Attached: fs-poem.jpg (1743x1792, 2.3M)

Debian Stable

Attached: Debian.png (220x291, 13K)

Artix

Attached: 30185700.png (400x400, 20K)

She's already ugly with make-up, imagine without it

For general purposes the packages are fine tho. I use ancient Kmail and Ktorrent and it fucking works. Only thing I change is I use XFCE by default but with Dolphin instead of Thunar. It's meant for stability and it works as well as it's supposed to. I just change the themes and I'm set.

Except firefox i dont see what really needs to be upgraded, security updates always come through.

open SuSE
PCLOS
GhostBSD
Devuan
KDE Neon
ArcoLinux

you've got no taste user

Recently, Pop OS, it's ubuntu without canonical's bullshit. Pretty comfy

PureOS
Trisquel

She's a gobblino

Attached: gobblino.png (341x361, 4K)