So why aren't youtube, facebook, reddit etc forcing their users to disable adblock...

So why aren't youtube, facebook, reddit etc forcing their users to disable adblock? Aren't they losing millions of dollars per day from lost ad revenue?

Scummy little websites hosting copyrighted media can all detect adblock and force their users to disable it to see the content. Why don't big websites do this?

Attached: 137084.png (700x521, 70K)

because they aren't a "scummy little websites hosting copyrighted media"

they are a different kind of scum

they have more profit from their corporate image than from just ads

Blocking ads on youtube hurts the content creators, some of who whine about lost revenue on behalf of youtube. Facebook "is a platform" and as long as their advertisers don't whine about ad blocking they are happy to take their money and let users block ads, they will just lie about the numbers to advertisers to make them look better than they actually are. I don't know about reddit, but I think they make more money from other sources than ads anyway, so they don't care that much about it.

Usually the ones that complain about adblock either make most of their revenue from adverts or they just whine because you can whine about it, but still make profits from other sources like subscriptions.

Because they know that it's a losing battle. Driving people away would only harm them.

>pop up asks you disable ad blocker
Malware working together.

Facebook is not the product. You are the product.

>So why aren't youtube, facebook, reddit etc forcing their users to disable adblock? Aren't they losing millions of dollars per day from lost ad revenue?
IMO they fear that could make people migrate to other platforms. Facebook made efforts in making ads pass through adblocks instead.

Adblockers don't work on sponsored posts, even when they say the posts are sponsored.

Because most people that browse these websites doesn't even know adblockers exist

Websites should just mine crypto currency using your CPU, but when they do they should be required to display a small toast or notification box informing you at all times when your CPU is being used for that purpose.

Coinminers are worse. What if you want to do other things in the background? It will bog down your computer. And it will use more electricity (costing more money) and kill your battery faster on mobile devices.

>What if you want to do other things in the background? It will bog down your computer
Well maybe you shouldn't leave the window open when you're not using it.

>kill your battery faster on mobile devices
That's a feature.

>some of who
whomst*

Fuck off greedy kike

They are US intelligence operations.

facebook has sponsored posts which are hard to block
youtube has youtube red and their twitch/patreon ripoffs
reddit has it's reddit gold
all of them sell your data

>greedy kike
Yes, because advocating for a monetization path that DOESN'T involve literal mind control propaganda makes me a kike.

>thinking coinminers are a better alternative
You're dumb kike

>preferring advertisements
Stockholm syndrome.

Yep, but it doesn't matter because I block those anyways. Mad?

The thing about ad business is nobody fucking knows if and how well it works. Companies will just buy ads rather than pay taxes. Much better value. Nobody cares lol just keep buying and selling. Why do you think are those tech companies valued so high?? Fucking internet video player? NO, lol ads.

I have worked in advertising, in an agency and as marketing manager in a company, and it's true, while some of it is being measured and analyzed it's far from an exact science. And even if you can get numbers, you have no way of knowing if they are accurate with these platforms outright lying and fixing numbers, or how much impact they actually have on sales over what your sales team does or r&d creating new products or improving existing ones, and what ad dollar did have impact on which metric.

I left ad world because of this, it's bizarre make belief where nothing is really concrete, heck even the marketing department does advertising and propaganda to the company board that they are "doing a good job" to justify their spending. I prefer anything else over that bullshit.

because most of the traffic comes from the dedicated apps on mobile devices witch for the most part nobody has equipped with an adblocker

True, most people don't root their phones. Luckily things like blokada exist for non rooted phones.

Attached: Screenshot_20181110-102250_Blokada.jpg (1080x2158, 230K)

What is ads only work on people to stupid to use ad blockers?

Holy shit, thanks i didn't know this existed