Poor student phones

So, my One Plus 3T has finally started to crack (literally) and I was thinking about upgrading to a 6T.
Now, I am a student, so I can't afford (and don't want to have) the Samsung S9 or any of those shitphones. But I was kind of eyeing the LG G7. I used to have the G4 and it had an amazing camera, great battery life, but then it went into the bootloop....

What do you guys think of the G7?

Pic related, I get a totally unnecessary bluetooth speaker as well for the price of the LG G7.

Attached: lg-g7-thinq-new-aurora-black-med-lg-pk5(C443_1)_1_Normal_Large.jpg (355x289, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5_5zZnuB71w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just buy a Motorola and shove the saved money up your ass
Your welcome

Pocophone.

Xiaomi note 5, 4gb/64gb cost me 200

Attached: IMG_20180922_181910.jpg (4000x2250, 2.99M)

Wileyfox swift is all you need.
>removable battery
>headphone jack
>up to date ROM support (mine has android 9 with crDroid)
>no notch cuckery
>roughly one hundred pounds (£100)

Attached: WileyFox-Swift-Image-1.jpg (717x799, 38K)

This. Get a Moto e5 Play or Plus.

user, I like it a lot. It's really smooth, the camera is great, and the battery is solid. If you can get it for less than $500 CAD it's a steal

Pocophone F1

a real piece of shit but gets the job done for calling/texting/music

Attached: 39efdd7575484c2dfb2f0f95c1510c01-480-80.jpg (480x269, 14K)

Just get a phone with a big screen and a big battery to watch lectures on and to use as a PDF reader

>started to crack
What?

Do androi phones actually break so fast. Im using an iphone 6 for 4 years and it still works well (ios 11 did slow it down, but with 12 it works great again)

Oneplus 6T or Pixel 2?

Depends on what you want.

I've had a nexus 6P for 3 years and I love the camera on this. Anything better would be an upgrade. Stock android and easy rooting is a must, so I was looking at used Pixel 2s on ebay. But then again, the 6T seems like a good choice. Is the camera as good?

The chinks have to step up their camera game, pixel 3 vs 6t would be an obvious choice but not so sure about pixel 2 vs 6t. You can always try the gcam port for other phones though, but it's glitchy af. What I can tell you is pixels are notorious for crushing black levels on their displays, take a good before the purchase.

I have the g7, got it on project fi for $480 total.

Its not a bad phone, the camera and battery could be slightly better. I have the gcam apk installed on it and the pics colors come out better. On the g7 camera its too warm evne after tweaking some setting for my tastes. Listening or watching videos with headphones on is nice.

Thanks user. I'll see if I can find a good deal on the Pixel 3. If not, might go with the 6T

Bought the samsung A5 last year for 270$ and cant be happier. MicroSD, headphone jack, 3000mAh battery, water resistant and no stupid fucking notch.

Gonna keep this untill all the apple memes are over.

How's MIUI? Is it bearable?

LG v20 used.

I got a Redmi Note 6 Pro last Tuesday.
4gb ram 64gb storage

I have a G7 after owning an OP3. So far i think the G7 is pretty good, camera is way better than the one on the OP3, it's faster and the battery lasts 2 days with modarate use. The software is pretty bloated though and there are no custom roms available (yet). I personally find it quite nice it has expandable storage so i can fit my full music livrary on the sd card. Its also pretty cheap for the specs you get so I'd probably recommend it

How is it?

I warrantied my 6P for a Pixel XL when my battery went to shit. The Pixels suck for flashing ROMs and crap. Avoid any phone with the A/B partitioning, they are a massive main in the ass. I wish I hadn't fallen for the new phone meme and had just replaced my battery.

I pretty much like to root any phone the minute I get it before doing anything else, so that sounds like a dealbreaker to me. Are all Pixels like that?

Go for Nokia. Android One, much wow build quality, decent price, nice battery and very good camera using Gcam

shit, fine on the surface, anything a bit more advanced or deep and it's buggy and unsupportive

this.

also the G5 is under a hundred on ebay all day long and it's still a great phone. my girl has one, i've got the V30. LG's are great and once you get used to having one you don't want anything else. I had 3 G3's if that tells you how much of an LG fanboy I am.

>stupid soundbar thing

fuck you i got a 4ktv for free with my g7 lol

>free

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (250x250, 17K)

>being shitty LG phones that die after 366 days of use

Why tho?

Pocophone, use a Pixel Camera port
LG G5 and V20 are great if you want a phone that will last you a few years because of the removable battery and easy repairability

I use a g7. love it but preferred the g6 desu. i got mine for 300 new, open box on eBay. cant really say anything negative about it outside of bloatware it came with.

I've been looking at phones on ebay, but I've never bought from there so I'm always a bit hesitant to pull the trigger on a good deal. What are some things I should look out for?

Not sure about the 2 and 3, but the OG XL was a massive pain in the balls, especially after Oreo came out. You could flash everything successfully, but then the phone still won't boot because A/B shenanigans. TWRP never worked 100% when I had the device and you have to have several versions on hand depending on how you booted into recovery, what you planned on doing, and what Android versions you were working with. They might have fixed some of that since, but holy fuck was it bad. The Galaxy S8 I have now is hands down an improvement, even with the locked bootloader. I'm never going to fuck with that A/B bullshit again.
Even for just rooting it was a pain. I would flash Magisk and it just won't install or it would partially install. The 6P was a breeze to do anything to and is still my favorite phone. Once you disable two big cores the battery life was amazing and I never noticed any slow down.

Attached: 1529381023816.png (615x597, 301K)

"Android phones" are made by lots of different companies and range from $50 to $1500, with accordingly bad or good build quality.
Breaking has nothing to do with OS, then again you're Apple user so your ignorance is not surprising

Pixel 2 has hands down best camera on the market.(besides Pixel 3). But it has many reports of being slow as fuck
>youtube.com/watch?v=5_5zZnuB71w

6T on the other hand is fast as fuck, camera is good, but nowhere near as good as Pixel.
Pretty much your choice is Camera vs Speed. I'd take speed anyday

>Wileyfox swift
Looks cool.

If you are thinking of dropping money on a G7 I would take your chances on black friday and walk into best butt for a S9 for about 500. That is a fantastic phone.

Moto e4 plus

Yuuuuge battery

make sure the seller is reputable, dont buy from shops, look for someone selling for some other reason (business phone, gifted, prefer iPhone) confirm the imei works before buying and there should be high def photos of the phone, so you can be sure it is as described. personally, i only buy factory refurbs or open box new phones because im anal about it truly being a new phone. prepare for it to take a week or three before you find a good deal.

Get a one plus 5 on swappa they range from 350-380

I had one (a swift 1). The phone is great but the microusb connector sucks and broke after about 1.5 year.
Now I have bq aquaria X running LineageOS

Which one?
It does seem like LG has slightly worse camera, especially in low light.

But 3.5 jack, SD Card and HiFi support on LG. not to mention IP68 as well.

The camera on the 6T is a bit better than G7 it seems. Man I miss my old LG G4, it stuck in a bootloop after 1½ years.

Also, on the subject of phones breaking.. My phone is not brokenbroken, it's just got a cracked screen, which tells me it's about time for an upgrade. My OP 3T is the first phone I've had for almost 2 years, without a need for a factory reset that still is fast af!

If you are changing phones when the screens break, get a Moto Z2 Force and a bunch of glass screen protectors. Never, EVER use the phone without one. Unless you shatter the AMOLED panel itself the phone should last you. Maybe grab a couple battery Mods and keep them in a rotation so you don't have to worry about the phone's battery aging. The only issue is the headphone jack is gone, but it's at least analog over USB C.