>For monitors include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superseded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>FOR GAMING START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make your build to drive it appropriately

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: emulation IPC.png (650x250, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.hardware.info/reviews/6215/2/intel-five-generation-ipc-test-broadwell-haswell-ivy-bridge-sandy-bridge-and-nehalem-results
anandtech.com/show/9483/intel-skylake-review-6700k-6600k-ddr4-ddr3-ipc-6th-generation/9
cclonline.com/product/msi-optix-mpg27cq-curved-gaming-monitor-27-inch-2560-x-1440-qhd-va-panel-amd-freesync-144hz-black-9s6-3fa31t-017/
cclonline.com/product/acer-predator-xb271hua-gaming-monitor-27-inch-2560-x-1440-qhd-tn-panel-nvidia-gsync-165hz-black-um-hx1ee-a01/
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/Qzdghy
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487415
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what's gonna be weak about zen2?

Can someone redpill me on a MOBO for a 2700X? Do I need an X470?

It won't have any low core count offerings. Consumers accustomed to using 2c/2t and 2c/4t CPU's may find themselves unfamiliar with the high core count CPU's of ryzen 2

>2c/2t and 2c/4t CPU's
lol

Everything. Poozen isn't competitive with Intel's high end and adding on another 150MHz or two extra cores isn't going to change that in real world workloads.

Are you just trolling or stupid?
Zen2 is gonna be at 4.5Ghz bare minimum but some speculate it can easily go above 5Ghz if AMD wants it to. It'll also OC better.

You mean AMDrones and paid shills speculate that it's going to be 5GHz+ and finally have better IPC than Sandy Bridge. Poozen and Poozen+ were both massive disappointments. Why should I as a potential customer believe that third time's the charm?

Indian or chink?

Attached: 1541545928415.png (4366x2638, 3.42M)

For 8 cores x470 is recommended, avoid gigabyte

Broken record

Attached: 1507818309681.jpg (700x5000, 1.83M)

Might not have significant IMC improvements, which is the biggest weakness in gaming.
Games are more memory latency bottlenecked than frequency bottlenecked in the most demanding of games.
Assuming having enough cores, the CPU which has the lowest total memory read latency typically has the best performance.
That's why current gen Ryzen gains so much more from B-die, and why a 2700X with B-die outperfoms a 8700k without B-die. There is more of a memory latency gap to close before it stops being such a bottleneck.

Whether or not Zen2 can knock another 10-20ns off its average memory read latency is a bigger difference than whether or not it hits 5GHz.
Though normies who are too retarded to understand that memory is the bottleneck will probably see 5GHz as a bigger win. That's just marketing.
It will almost surely have a 5GHz turbo part, though. It's just that that's not the big deal.

>resorting to 2 year old reviews
Fuck off

>Proof was already posted with the first reply and image
Proof of FUCKING WHAT.
Did you fucking LOSE the plot on
>Except the discussion isn't between 2666 RAM and 3200 RAM it's between 2666 RAM and B-DIE RAM
>Or are you actually peddling the idea that ANY 3200 RAM kit is as good or will provide as good of results as all the benchmarks that show 3200+frequncy RAM with tightened timings.
>This is the kind of shit that makes me think you are a shill. Please tell me if you approve or disprove the above statement so I can know for sure.
AND
>The argument was that Any ram kit at 3200 is not a B-die RAM kit, which can have tight timings.
>You post "proof" which contains no info on what actual RAM was used.

Where is the fucking proof faggot?
OH Sorry there isn't. WHICH is why you after getting blown the fuck out, went AAAAAAAAAALLLL the way back to the start of the fucking arguments and

>I was clearly, objectively correct in my response. 2700X with B-die is faster than the 8700k with regular RAM, let alone "slow RAM", as the original post claimed.

Are you fucking retarded? I am not even arguing about that shit anymore. Do you realize this? DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
You can't just get blown the fuck out in
>2600x is not 2700x
>3200MHz RAM doesn't prove or disprove that it is or isn't B-die RAM and thus you can't claim that "Any 3200Mhz" kit will do the job.

NO proof, no COUNTER argument was given to those.

>To try to frame it as anything else shows your slimy desperation.
Right back at you, your fucking diversion tactics are poor as fuck.

Intel shills were born in a broken family, their parents either abused or neglected them, this explains their braindead anal devastation.

Attached: 1541814497947.jpg (1098x894, 117K)

Hello. Please review this build. I mostly play Overwatch, Witcher 3, latest AC, a bit of WoW and CoD titles. I also play around with PS quite a lot.

RYZEN 5 2600
DELL S2716DG
COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX E500L SILVER
MSI GEFORCE GTX 1070 TI GAMING 8GB
MSI X470 GAMING PLUS
G.SKILL RIPJAWSV 8GB 3200MHZ DDR4 CL16
SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATAIII
COOLER MASTER G650M ATX 2.31 650W
COOLER MASTER MASTERLIQUID LITE 120
BE QUIET! SILENT WINGS 3 PWM HIGH-SPEED 120MM
COOLER MASTER MASTERKEYS LITE L COMBO

Thanks. I will OC Ryzen and Ti.

Zen 2 is going to have improved IPC kiddo

There is no point arguing with this retard. He doesn't even read what you are saying, he just responds with irrelevant things that have nothing to do with what you are asking/saying.

Post pcpartpicker link, coolermaster boy.

Why did memory prices drop like 40 bucks for a 16GB kit over the last 2 months? I thought Jow Forums told me things would never get better LOL

nice samefagging incel

So I'm building a PC with an R5 2600 and probably an RX 580. What mainboard would you recommend for light overclocking? Also, more importantly, what kind of RAM should i get?

Dunno

b450 Mortar or Tomahawk

I5 8400 is cheaper/better, you don't have to overpay for expensive cooler/mobo/ram to be able to oc like with ryzen.

Any solid 144hz monitors for gaymin? Don't have AMD so FreeSync not important. Pricing is whatever I just want something that won't start dying on me in a few months.

Wow, maybe it'll SURGE all the way up to Ivy Bridge IPC! Haswell is the dream, but I guess we have to wait for Zen 3 for that.

> to be able to oc like with ryzen.
Your wording is off. It leaves the option for AMD shills to jump in and say "you can't OC 8400 LAMO"

can i get an 8700k to 4.9 on air and without insane luck in the silicone lottery?

There's literally no different between sandy bridge and ivy bridge ipc, kiddo, since it was mostly a die shrink. Get dabbed on

>unironically recommending an i5 8400

>can i get an 8700k to 4.9 on air and without insane luck in the silicone lottery?
What cooler, and yes good air cooler is enough for 4.9 even 5.0

>practically no difference between DDR3 and DDR4
source of pic? did they use RAM at the same speed?

Yo I'm a complete virgin to PC building but wtf is this

Attached: you don't call you don't write.png (458x541, 126K)

AMD shills will find some way to defend Poozen no matter you say, even when presented with hard evidence. Ignore them, just like everybody else does. Most people don't even consider Poozen for a second.

Oh look, an AMD shill lying as per usual.
uk.hardware.info/reviews/6215/2/intel-five-generation-ipc-test-broadwell-haswell-ivy-bridge-sandy-bridge-and-nehalem-results
Sandy to Ivy was a small IPC boost. And it's fitting, since that's about all you're going to get with pooZen 2.

Attached: Kek Syndicate.png (501x585, 37K)

and this????

Attached: television something.png (452x591, 128K)

replying to myself. from anandtech.com/show/9483/intel-skylake-review-6700k-6600k-ddr4-ddr3-ipc-6th-generation/9
>As each platform uses DDR3, we set the memory across each to DDR3-1866 with a CAS latency of 9. For Skylake we also run at DDR4-2133 C15 as a default speed
so, no.

better monitor between these 2 to pair with an rtx 2070? (inb4 rtx fear mongering)
cclonline.com/product/msi-optix-mpg27cq-curved-gaming-monitor-27-inch-2560-x-1440-qhd-va-panel-amd-freesync-144hz-black-9s6-3fa31t-017/

cclonline.com/product/acer-predator-xb271hua-gaming-monitor-27-inch-2560-x-1440-qhd-tn-panel-nvidia-gsync-165hz-black-um-hx1ee-a01/

MSI is a newer model and has a VA panel with freesync

Acer monitor is a year older but has a higher refresh rate, g-sync TN panel but cheaper?

>And it's fitting, since that's about all you're going to get with pooZen 2.
N O P E

This is the stereotypical mother who is guilting you.
This is a reference to the old Outer Limits. Great show, more science-y than Twilight Zone, never had the same success.

>rtx 2070
LMAOING@URLIFE

But I live with my parents

>AMD shills will find some way to defend Poozen no matter you say, even when presented with hard evidence.
Mate, I rip on the amd shills for being inaccurate. I suggest you make your wording more clear that you are refering to 8400 better because it can get it's performance without needing to spend extra on stuff like motherboard, RAM, cooler.

>Most people don't even consider Poozen for a second.
Based on the price in the buyers region and what other components they have AMD can be the better choice. Let's not pretend that everybody is building from scratch, that everybody has the same prices and that everybody wants the same thing form their CPU.

>upgrading PC
>Most expensive component is keyboard

Attached: 1516238454561.gif (209x193, 109K)

>1080 ti performance
>ray tracing
> half the price
what's the problem

wtf is wrong with you an 80$ mech board is good enough

the i5 is much more expensive, the board is more expensive, and I don't think i can save all that much with a little cheaper RAM

single ply toilet paper is good enough too. but some of us have higher standards

>ray tracing
but it's not real full ray tracing

Try coming out of the basement sometime. The sun won't kill you. And you never even say "thank you" when dinner is over! You barely even talk. You don't engage. You need to engage more. With people. Not with your stupid videogames or your imaginary internet friends. YOU CAN'T HAVE FRIENDS ON THE INTERNET. Whoever told you otherwise is sick. Just a sick person. Do you want to grow up like that? Just sick? Oy, this conversation is raising my blood pressure.

Attached: The eternal Yenta.jpg (300x300, 88K)

Whats wrong with Gigabyte boards?

What board are you buying m8

Why are you lying on the internet

>the i5 is much more expensive
Already mentioned it, prices vary.
>the board is more expensive
that shouldnt be the case though
> and I don't think i can save all that much with a little cheaper RAM
Whats "a little cheaper" RAM here, you talk about 2666 vs B-die RAM?

So is this build good to go? Any changes recommended? de.pcpartpicker.com/list/Qzdghy

Attached: build.jpg (1024x2137, 427K)

I would get a cheaper one but I need a very niche one

What's your usecase?

Mom, we've talked about this already. I don't care about you, or your blood pressure. I don't even care about myself. How did you even find me here? What are you even doing here, mom? I'm sick and tired of this disguise. You act like you care about me, but we both know that you don't! Plus you always embarrass me in front of my friends, and now, even over the internet? You never loved me. I hate you mom. I hate you.

Attached: get out of my thread mom.jpg (474x294, 18K)

1080p for now, 1440p in january. 60+ fps at almost-max settings.

thoughts? CPU and ram is from the prebuilt

Attached: list.png (1182x590, 61K)

Remember to always wait for the prices to drop if you are buying amd hardware.

Attached: 1800x.png (737x458, 41K)

I'd recommend eventually upgrading to an RX580, you don't want any of the RTX shit Nvidias been pumping out, other than that it all looks good, but maybe downgrade the ssd to 500 gigs?

now what about the i7 2600k overclocked to 4.6ghz, I bet you can match IPC to the other expensive CPUs for very much lower cost.

How good is the Mbest MB279QR144 even with its VA panel? Does it have ghosting issues?

I'm going to use my 970 for now until the whole RTX situation is cleared up or i can find an insane deal(1080Ti for

why don't you just keep the prebuilt & upgrade the psu + add another stick of ram and get a 1070

1070 ti good deal for $360 including the $30 rebate?

Also not sure if I wait for the new Zen next year to upgrade. Will a 2600x be fine for 2-3 years?

Remember because AMD broke into that HEDT market it's okay for Intel to launch a competing product a year and a half later for $500 when its latest competitor's product launched before it and for $150 less.

Chinks are making their own AMD cpus under license - so it's gonna be Indian or Israeli.

poorfag

1080s are out of production and basically impossible to find for a good price, RTX has been having some issues and I would just wait to see what AMD comes up with to compete with it and purchase then.

get a better cooler, that thing runs hot

What board is it? Usually boards now days have good audio and memory support.
Are you sure it wasn't some other setting in windows that got reset when you changed audio drivers? You did install the new audio drivers for your new board, right?
>70C GPU
>65C CPU
That is not high.
Yes, I did install the new driver software for my new mobo and now it sounds like shit due to bloatware that cannot be uninstalled/disabled. I can't get used to the new audio do to it being automatically amplified through the bloatware and sounding, like I said before, similar to a Michael Bay movie.
believe me, I've tried uninstalling the bloatware and even with it completely deleted, my vidya still sounds like ass.
I'm returining my board doe to some other reasons and I hope there'll be some deals on black friday for me to replace my b350 with something decent. Maybe even get some ram that'll actually run stable with the XMP at the advertised speeds.

Attached: 1537807248434.jpg (640x334, 21K)

By cleared up i meant we know whether or not the tech is still born. How much it affects performance for the visual upgrade. How many games support it and how.

always open to suggestions.

The first commercially available RTX game is I believe BFV, releasing in 10 days.
It depends on the Windows patch which was recently delayed though.

I want to retire my old GTX 770 since it's fucking dying. I'm still running an OC'd 2500k and I want a relatively cheap card (not >€250) to hold me over until I'm finally going to build a new PC (probably once the next GPU generation hits, fuck this RTX stuff).
I was looking into a 1060 3GB since they go for around ~€220 here. I've read that they have fewer CUDA cores than the stock 1060s - is this a big issue, specifically for vidya? I don't really want to increase my budget.
Also, I was looking into AMD GPUs since I don't really have any brand loyalty, but it seems like they mostly have issues with driver overhead, which kinda kills the brand for me since my 2500k is hitting it's limits too, so I don't want to burden it any further. Is this still the case or is it just an old meme?

AMD have no close roadmap besides 590 or workstation

I'm new to building PCs. Plan on building this one by the second half of the next year. I'm more concerned if I can run Arma 3, Squad, Warfame and the last COD titles with max settings on this. Doesn't really have to be ultra but that will be nice. As long as I can get 60fps on all of them I'm fine. Budget won't be a big problem by then. Aiming for $2000 max.

>CPU
Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
>CPU Cooler
CRYORIG - H7 49 CFM CPU Cooler
>Motherboard
Asus - Prime Z370-P ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
>Memory
G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
>Storage
Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
>Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
>Case
NZXT - H700 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
>Power Supply
EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
>OS
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I'm not so sure if the cooler is good enough for it. Some people recommended me RTX 2080Ti when it will come out but that's a bit overkill. Other alternatives to some of the hardware that has the same performance but it's more cheaper?

does DLSS work on anything yet?

Just wait till a few months before you plan to build it.

First game was supposed to be Tomb Raider with no patch in sight. It's going to be a while before we know anything concrete about RTX cards.

get a large Noctua, Thermalright or Cryorig.
around 40-50 dollars

The 2080 is the one with 1080 ti performance and it’s an extra $100. 2070 beats is more like 1080 performance for an extra $50. Oh and by the way RTX is totally useless at the moment.

No. The first game to use the new Turing features is BFV.
There are always performance problems on release, but it should give a rough ballpark of what DLSS/RT can do. I would wait just to see.

>It's going to be a while
I haven't heard anything saying there wasn't going to be the day 1 patch for RTX in BFV.
I'd be more worried about the Windows October update that MS royally fucked. There's no timeline on that release, but one might imagine it would be this month.

All told, including the VRAM, it's about 10% slower compared to the full 1060 6GB.
You can mitigate a portion of the slowdown by keeping the VRAM usage low. So tweaking the settings.
The 580 is also good. Both are good.

>has ordered everything
>apart from the case
Holy shit that's the most difficult part. I need something not too big around 60€ that will run cool. Idc about noise and rgb. What do I buy?

SEETHING

Thermaltake Core V31 or just spend a bit more on a Fractal Define

Is there a displayport kvm that does 4k at 60hz?
I find lots of hdmi, but the few displayports are not so reliable

idk what the prices are in murrica. but here uts 230€ compared to 150€ for the R5.
and who the hell needs b-die on an R5, 3000 should be more than enough, no?

Anyone had experience with the Silverstone Primera P01?

Attached: primera.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

Is B-die worth it with a 2600 and a b450?
There's a 80€ difference between a Cl14 3200mhz B-die kit and a regular Cl16 3200mhz kit.
Will a regular 130€ Hynix Kit run at Cl16 3200mhz on a b450 board? I've only managed to get my Cl15 3200mhz B-die kit to run at cl16-15-15-35 3200mhz on a b450. Feels fucking bad to pay 170€ for a ram kit and have it running at the same perf of a kit that costs 50€ less.
Are there also any good Mini ITX b450 boards?
I'm already returning my ASUS b450-i. What about MSI b450i. Is MATX also a viable choice?

Attached: 1540167486492.jpg (768x960, 430K)

I got 250-300 euro to spend on black friday.
Should I get a cheap 4k monitor or tv (probably ~30 inch VA monitor) to watch 4k movies and porn with?
A nice racing wheel like t300rs to play dirt rally?
A topre keyboard to replace my k70 with mx reds?
A used thinkpad to learn linux with and flex on normies irl?
Can't decide...

Attached: 1539965665290.png (800x600, 70K)

Either the monitor or the thinkpad

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487415

Thoughts on this?

$700 RTX 2080 and +30$ for a 1000W psu

>VA
Truly based and redpilled dumb attention whoring frogposter.

I honestly don't know what I'm getting into
Is the panel good? How come theyre so cheap?

How out of date is this?
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/

7NM NAVI WHEN

The price for the card itself is merely fair.
The quality of the GQ is average to good. You functionally get it free. And it has lots of wattage.

If you need a large PSU and a 2080, it's a good deal.

give me solutions, my gpu is dying and I think its time for a complete overhaul

Attached: speccy.png (490x374, 21K)