Should I take a course in Fuzzy Logic?

Attached: fuzzy.jpg (320x475, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superposition_principle
plato.stanford.edu/entries/vagueness/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

im not sure.
maybe.

.. I had it coming with this sort of question didn't I?

Have you studied Fuzzy Logic before? Did you find it worthwhile? Have you implemented Fuzzy Logic outside of your studies?

Give us more background info user.
Why the sudden interest?

I have to pick four modules out of 10 for the next year of studies in my degree. I read a little book detailing what Fuzzy Logic is (see the image), but I don't realistically know if its a practical subject.

Wow, that brings me back to the 90s. Going to listen to some Ace of Base while thinking about Bart pumping iron.

>*sip*

Can I get the quick rundown on fuzzy logic?

Better if an explanation didn't come from me, so here's a wikipedia snippet:
"Fuzzy logic is a form of many-valued logic in which the truth values of variables may be any real number between 0 and 1. It is employed to handle the concept of partial truth, where the truth value may range between completely true and completely false.[1] By contrast, in Boolean logic, the truth values of variables may only be the integer values 0 or 1.

The term fuzzy logic was introduced with the 1965 proposal of fuzzy set theory by Lotfi Zadeh.[2][3] Fuzzy logic had however been studied since the 1920s, as infinite-valued logic—notably by Łukasiewicz and Tarski.[4]

Fuzzy logic has been applied to many fields, from control theory to artificial intelligence."

So what what I understand, concepts such as Hot and Cold can not be described as being either Hot or Not Hot and still remain an accurate description of those terms. That's where Fuzzy logic comes in, so you can have degrees of truth.

Attached: fuzzy non fuzzy.gif (288x181, 13K)

Only worth it if your computation resources are extremely limited. Pretty much obsolete today.

I'll show you something fuzzy
*unzips pants*

>the truth values of variables may be any real number between 0 and 1
Sound like quantum physic

I don't think so. Correct me if I am wrong, but in a nutshell the idea of a qubit is that it uses 'superposition' to be both 1 and 0, not any real number in between.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superposition_principle

For reference, here are my choices. If I'm to limit myself to four options, then I would need to have good reasoning for picking Fuzzy Logic over another topic for an reason other than "it seems interesting".

Attached: modules.png (853x226, 26K)

It is important to know model theory before you dive into fuzzy logic

Wtf is Model Theory? I am doing Functional at the moment and I already kind of wish I knew what Lambda Calculus and Category theory were all about in great detail at the moment.

is it that small?

WAS THAT A JOKE?

Oops this to the wrong picture completely...

Attached: modules4.png (583x387, 27K)

>Fuzzy Logic
ah yes the gender studies of stem

this fucking guy.

It can be any number in between, actually it is every number in between at all times. Reading the data is the difficult part

Kek

People love to jerk over machine learning but they dont know they are actually using fuzzy logic

nope, that was applied fuzzy logic

It's a very Machiavellian way of thinking.

Quantum mechanics was formulated before fuzzy logic existed, maybe a quantum theory with fuzzy logic is possible

It is useful in control application.
If you want to learn about control system, you can try. However I strongly suggest you know about precision control (PID), Sliding mode control and how to determine if a system is stable or not first before learning anything else.

plato.stanford.edu/entries/vagueness/

Attached: blaze_it.png (1008x709, 715K)