Finally pass calc 2 after the 3rd time

>finally pass calc 2 after the 3rd time
>just learned I have to still take calc 3

Fucking hell no one told me CS is pretty much a math degree. I refuse to believe all the cs neets here passed all these classes. Did you all cheat or what?

Attached: pyrtuli_apu.png (886x886, 41K)

Might as well drop out now because discrete math and algorithms are the actual hard math classes you're going to have to take.

>Did you all cheat or what?
The level of classes differ in between professors, so it is quite possible that some people who have a phd would never had beaten a undergrad level class with a different professor.

I passed them all and went on to take abstract math classes

Attached: 1437275432092.jpg (2560x1600, 1.41M)

>discrete math hard

idk what uni you're in dude but in mine discrete math consist in taking an exams with 1.permutations 2.combinatorics 3.random easy exercise

You can always be a code monkey if you hate developing yourself that much.

permutation and combinations were the easiest thing, hard things were doing proofs for the first time and all the graph shit we did towards the end.

ready to get your shit pushed in by computational theory then (even tho that's still baby undergrad CS compared to computational learning theory or programming language theory)

most discrete math is some combination of combinatorics, propositional logic, graph theory, bayesian statistics, probability, and a little bit of set theory, number theory, and induction proofs.

What shithole of an university do you go too where you need to take that many math classes?

Going to college for CS is a meme.

Depends on your school. My discrete class was just annoying because our teacher was an asshole about notation. Only induction is a weird concept to grasp at least in our class. Algos our teacher is pretty chill. Dynamic programming was fucking awful and then some graph theory/p vs np stuff has been hard, but other than that the class isn't too bad. I had a harder time with Calc 3 overall.

Attached: 1532426966077.jpg (600x600, 86K)

>mixing up software engineering and computer science
You can't be this stupid.

Attached: 1516969558969.png (821x3109, 559K)

If you struggle this much with calculus, I hope I never have the misfortune of working with you.

LAMO. Calculus is easy. How about just stop being dumb?

I want to be a better software engineer so that's why I'm paying so much year in tuition to get a CS bachelor's

Could someone explain this difference to me?
I'm european and I wonder if the terms might be a bit different.

Computer Scientists focus on having a huge toolkit, as well as developing new tools.
Software Engineers work with a specific set of tools to make stuff for consumers.

you're a faggot and this is not the distinction at all

>European university
>Local degree name: Software Engineering
>Translation to English provided by the University: Computer Science
>mfw

Attached: 1515293391493.jpg (429x571, 55K)

>Degree in mechanical engineering
>Have to pass calculus 1,2,3,4, thermodynamics 1,2, etc
>Job consists in answering the phone and finding lost stuff
Can't complain because the pay is nice

Attached: 1504149482033.png (598x525, 424K)

how much pay for answering the phone?

in my personal experience with math you just gotta let it pin you down and fuck you in the brain as far as your education will take you and then afterwards you will understand most engineering principles. gotta learn how to stop resisting being taught something, i wish our education focused on that a bit more

$8/hr but with the usd conversion rate to the local currency means that's a lot.

>Second time doing discret math
>Second time doing probability

Will be fucked in the ass again for sure...ill quit my CS degree

Also
>reproved on programming and other four classes, only one year in

Attached: 1536640039071.png (984x918, 417K)

>doing mostly programming and tech program
>obligatory basic chemistry class
what

Attached: doomfaces.gif (512x384, 2.22M)

Calc 3 is nothing like calc 2

Just don't do what I did and you will be fine.
>5 years of comfiness, not studying in High School (Hungarian one) yet still getting A's in most classes.
>Go to Software Engineering at a local University
>MFW you actually have to study
>Hell no, I'm just going to do what I did in High School.
>Didn't work out and I failed all my mid term exams.
>Made me super depressed, I could have salvaged it but instead I was just not doing anything at all.
>Quit before the end of the term exams.
A year has passed since then but I stil have no idea what to do with my life, currently looking for an IT job because I can't handle working with my dad.
Should I just end my life?

Except for the part where calc 3 is just rehashing calcs 1 and 2 in 3 dimensions.

have you tried not being a brainlet?

Kys brainlet.
I don't get why in this gay website people struggle with calculus. It's literally a walk in the park compared with the rest of maths. Even the brainlets /sci/ struggle with it.
What the fuck do you guys do it college?
Sit down and start studying instead of shiposting and watching cartoons with Japanese underage girls.

What's up with the daily retards posting about being unable to do basic math?

Yes. Your work ethic is shit and if you can't handle working with daddy you'll never survive on your own.

Go to community college. Look at Chemeketa CC for example of top tier, specifically course catalog.

I got into a similar situation. I left school and worked a normie labor job for a year and a half.

It's more like I am not interested in the field of work my father works in.
Did it help you understand what you want to do with your life afterwards?

Stop being a retarded brainlet.

just start your homework the day it is assigned and really take the time to understand everything you are doing. Homework is pretty much meant to prepare you for tests.

Actually read your textbook, stay a lesson ahead and you'll be able to grasp things in class much more easily

remember that you don't have to be perfect you just have to do better than your peers.

t. recent cs grad with good grades

but discrete math and calculus are totally different... how you fair in one really has no bearing on the other.

Do people in /sp/ complain about how the football coach makes them jog for ten minutes per day? Because that's what your complaint is equivalent to.

also participate in class, don't worry about getting btfo when you say something incorrect, you'll learn more by being more engaged.

and study for tests obviously

nobody magically knows math, u just gotta invest some time instead of fucking up your life doing random bullshit

I noticed a lot europeans like to claim they have a CS degree when the reality is they have some random degree program their Uni hobbled together.

>calc 3
>pretty much a math degree

Attached: 1523831923628.png (500x522, 135K)

>Did it help you understand?
I found more focus to complete my education, plus awareness that there are other career opportunities.

>when the reality is they have some random degree program their Uni hobbled together
That's what a CS degree is, yes.

>americans have problems with calc in University/collage
Ayylmao

What probability class? If it's anything less than the calculus based classes then there's a high chance you're retarded.

Yeah, I have been thinking about picking up other skills recently, like music or art, but that shit most likely doesn't pay well.

There's fucking calc based probability? I need to double check my degree requirements since I dunno if I can handle much more

>tfw only class I ever feel like studying for is Japanese.
>tfw still ace CS classes

Literally all of statistics uses calculus in some way or another, they just don't tell until you're good enough. But the classes where you subtract the areas under the normal distribution is brainlet tier.

wow, it's like the distinction varies wildly based on locale and educational institution

Basically me except that I dropped out for different reasons and 2 years have passed instead of one, I've been looking for all kind of jobs without any success, cool.

Calc III is easier than Calc II.

graphs is brainlet shit.

let me give you some ideas:
- do you know how to "fix computers"? do that: reinstall windows on computers and charge for that. most people have laptops, which usually have reinstall partitions, which are easy as fuck to reinstall. post ads in facebook groups/craigslist/whatever offering your services
- you could also learn how to fix phones. there is a lot of money there
- do you know how to use linux? do you like learning new stuff and messing with servers? look for jobs that use linux / require linux knowledge and/or experience. talk to them about the stuff you've done with it in the past.
- do you know how to program? were you taught in school? send CVs to many companies telling them you want to join them as junior dev. show them some personal projects. even the shittiest thing could work.
- do you like computer security? send CVs to infosec companies. again, show your previous work that will prove your interests in the area.
- do some/all of the above, and/or find your own way
there are alternatives in life. there is money in what you already know/have been taught. opportunities may or may not come to you, but don't wait for them to come, do something about your life.
talk to people, join facebook/whatsapp/telegram/IRC/... groups, meet them in conferences and stuff, etc.
good luck

my discrete class was this except also proofs the whole time

its like super light applied math

Yes, this. Calc 2 has you running through all these integration method special cases, while the basis of multivariable calc is actually considerably more elegant.

Computer Science is to software engineering as physics is to mechanical engineering.

You might survive Linear Algebra but you're going to hero once you get to differential equations.

>calc 3
>pretty much a math degeree
lol I'm pretty they take calculus classes in high school in europe.

Americans have calc in high school too, but a lot of our stupidest people post on Jow Forums apparently.

>opting out of classes with more work when your 16 means you must be stupid

Attached: brainletnpc.png (324x362, 45K)

Nah being unable to figure out calculus makes you retarded, assuming you're over 16

High school calc is nothing compared to university calc. Calc at Uni the math department gets a hard dick about how the pass rate and curve can go. I knew people who literally took calculus at the nearby CC because the credit transferred and it a million times easier.

You know people who should not be software engineers.

This
I and most of the students in my batch choose the professor who gave simple assignments, simple questions, and in general made your life easier. The kind of professor who realises that there are other things in life other than wanking about some transforms and shit.
There was another professor whose every damn question in exam was a boundary condition, or straight out exception

This. Some people don't realize that some departments grade on a curve. You can have an easy class but it doesn't matter when the curve gets set to 2.7 and you are in a class with other non retards so a 85% still lands you a 2.9

South american fag here.
$8/h is poor tier in my country, where do you live?

I also took 3 tries to pass calc 2 but my school didn't require calc 3. I heard calc 3 is easier anyway though.

At my CC calc 2 was harder there than the Uni.

Whats with the recent influx of CS students making threads here? What happened in the last few months?

I've been posting on Jow Forums for at least 5 years and there have always been CS student threads.

>Barely attend math classes but still pass
>Don't pay too much attention to classes because it's all basic as shit, people in my class are still having issues with basic loops.
>Pretty much attend for exams and hands-on activities since our professors don't grade attendance
>get a 3.5 GPA
>still balance school life apart from my part time job

Maybe it's just me, the most I've seen are people asking if CS is a good degree but never about complaining on how hard their subjects are or them failing it.

Your face is a graph

discrete math is a very broad label and a class on the topic may cover any number of these , you should note working with permutations falls under combinatorics. difficulty will vary greatly. a discrete class covering nothing but combinatorics though... not sure what kind of school this happens at.
you can spend your entire life studying graphs and many people do.

There definitely were because I was in calc 2 two years ago and was reading threads about failing calc 2 on Jow Forums. It's kind of always been known as a pleb filter for CS.

fucking this I spend 15 hours a week doing problem sets for a """"""basics"""""" of probability class.

Attached: 1523866926592.png (709x765, 328K)

I didn't drop out, but I've got a sad story for all you lads out here thinking college diploma is some magical document:
>be "good student"
>basically memorize for each exam
>shit school in shit country, memorizing is enough for A's and A-'s
>get hired as research engineer doing machine learning stuff
>realize everyone there who went to a better college knows a lot more than me
>mfw huge math lapses, couldn't even give the definition of an eigen vector on the spot
>basically can't remember shit from college, I didn't really form an intuition for it
>mfw I'm going to be fired soon and have to do webshit

It's not enough that you pass, it's not enough to get A's, you must understand the material so well that you can deduce the theorems on your own (not actually deduce, but once you see them, you must be able to understand how to get there from previous knowledge on your own).
Pic related

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 41K)

>$8/hr
I pity you. I had a friend who was a Call Center Agent that only finished Highschool and he go paid $15 an hour. Mostly just encoding shit from other businesses and occasionally talking to other clients about their inventory.

electrical engineering graduated. hell I cheated all math class. calculus 1-2, engineering math 1-2, discrete math. fuck them. :))