Other urls found in this thread:

fsf.org/resources/webmail-systems
whonix.org/wiki/E-Mail
github.com/ProtonMail/WebClient
mailbox.org/en/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

For free? No
Paid? Again no.

didn't they delete someone's account just because it appeared on some nazi poster?

>javascript
No thanks. I use tutanota.

Whats the best free?

Yes I remember a story like this. It's weird because they're supposed to be encrypted yet they could tell what information was being sent from a user account? I remember reading some explanation they gave about this and it sounded convincing at the time but can't be arsed to look for it.

They couldn't see the contents of the inbox. They just deleted it. Which makes it even worse.

No, you have to use their client. I'd prefer something that allows me to use mu4e or mutt.

They have a zero tolerance policy so they don't get shut down for hosting crime and that sort of shit.
It's better than having it shutdown by some government false flagging it or some shit like that.

yes

>hosted in EU/14 eyes country
enjoy your botnet

So you could just make a poster with nazi propaganda and put someone's email address on it and they delete the account. See the problem?

>hey, [email protected] here, I'm part of a hate speech group, send your regards

that was literally it, guy was giving his email publicly and also saying he was a nazi, there was nothing to investigate, he broke his terms and conditions

difference is he was saying it's his account and he complain to protonmail

no

They have a false sense of security for their users and they pretend it's top tier by using big cryptography words. They store your private/public key pair on their servers encrypted with your password with aes. It's fucking pseudo security. It's about as good as any company that just aes's your emails with your password regardless of pgp encryption. Brainlets will never learn. If they truly valued security, they'd provide an open source client to the community.

No this is

Attached: posteo.jpg (800x451, 59K)

a green CIA botnet, nice

>a green CIA botnet, nice
Explain

disroot.org only
run by commies but I do not care

cock.li most secure webmail

Self hosted and PGP

It doesn't work that way. There is some law that gives protection to content hosters as long as they delete it.
If on the other hand you're called hans and you send a swastika you are in deep shit

I don't know shill er I mean OP. Do you like your mail to be send through Israeli servers?

until Vincent hands over your user data to the feds

FAKE NEWS
they only use radware when there's a DDoS attack, and even then, it's only incoming data, and more over, it's all encrypted data, you absolute waste of oxygen neckbeard

so someone can just take my email and put it on their terrorist group poster to get it deleted? how is that a good thing?

you know what you can just fuck off. everytime there's a thread about PM someone brings up the dumb nazi alt-right guy who got banned from the service. you know what, who fucking cares, it's a private company and they can enforce their ToS. if that's the only complaint people can bring, then I assume the same people who complain about that are ALSO going to STOP using Google, Youtube, Facebook, Microsoft, Apple, Spotify, Paypal, Twitter, etc. who ROUTINELY, and WITHOUT CAUSE in many cases, will purge, delete, and ban users in MASS simply because they held nonliberal viewpoints. So yeah, fuck off anyone who brings this point up because in all likelihood you're a massive hypocrite.

I'm not pro-nazi at all. I don't think companies should be allowed to delete someone's email without confirming their identity.

the guy publicly posted his email and proclaimed himself as a nazi supporter, not sure how many times this needs to be explained, your example is unrelated

They did, the guy admitted it was his account.

best service is your own service.

at least he's honest about it

Good luck ever getting a job with that email. Or go to doctors office without making youself look like pervert.

No, I don't want jews to read my underage erotica.

source ?

The guy complained in the official protonmail subreddit, I think. That was a bit more than a year ago, so maybe it's not that easy to find

About the guy himself, he posted flyers about nazi stuff with the protonmail in question, so it was something really obvious.

aah yes, the famous green german energy they buy from france

bullshit

Gmail

This.
It's even recommended by the fsf.
fsf.org/resources/webmail-systems

Attached: 1540677880104.png (688x720, 349K)

This

Botnet. Use Tutanota.

>Requires Javascript
>No libreJS
>Can't use your own email client

>nonfree app
Botnet

Can protonmail?

It doesn't matter what service you use when you use gpg like a thinking person.
That said, obviously stay away from botnets like google.

Literally no normalfag uses GPG or even knows what it even is.

No

>using email in Q4 of 2018

Attached: 1541808704047.jpg (612x428, 97K)

What's the objectively best email provider with servers not located in the 14 eyes?

How do you feel about Tutanota then? They're all open source.

Javascript is required for the client-side encryption. FSF says they're working towards becoming LibreJS compliant

Are you fucking thick?

Why is it pseudo security?

Yes, you can now with by using the Protonmail Bridge software

No, literally worse than gmail because I don't think gmail shuts down people's accounts for wrongthink.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 44K)

Can you use your own domain with this?

>not hosting your own

No, custom domain isnt possible. Email provider only provide domain registered on their server.
If you want to use custom domain you should just run your own mail server, vps with cpanel probably the easiest you can get. It will probably took you around $50/year.

Jus use GMX

sure, like it matters anyway. stop using email.

Nice troll, but there are people who unironically think this

Attached: tumblr_p8j0sl9g4i1qdz4bwo1_1280.jpg (960x1280, 192K)

>In the loo

Wow thanks for proving his point. Good to know that Protonmail sends your mail to an Israeli company with ties to the Mossad, though that's kind of redundant.

People on cottonroad use it, I don't know if it's the best but I'd say for normal stuff it's pretty reliable, at least you know they won't just suddenly disappear like most of the free email services after a while (except gmail but that's obvious why).

Attached: 1437194664196.jpg (350x277, 27K)

>things that never happened
Would you rather use google who offers no paid alternative, publicly states that it data mines the shit out of your privacy and offers direct access to NSA? proton at least offers subscription and was made to prevent spying, although it only works well if you're communicating with other protonmail addresses, it's at least a step towards better privacy. Besides, it's run by CERN who will never go bankrupt and probably has more competent people than what google could have ever had.

It's the same as if a service just aes encrypted your emails with your password, which any modern should do. The fact that they layer pgp onto it is irrelevant and possibly less secure, because it gives the government more opportunities to verify that a cracked password is correct. It may raise the time to crack the password by a constant factor, but not a notable one by any means. Overall, generating a key pair on a safe machine and just encrypting emails with gpg is way better.

Haven't had a reason to look into it. If they don't provide a way to use it locally and you have to go through their servers with your keys, it's bad.

>not using [username]@i2pmail.org

>Would you rather use google who offers no paid alternative,
Why are you moving the goalpost now?

>publicly states that it data mines the shit out of your privacy and offers direct access to NSA?
Just like Protonmail has publicily stated that they sent my data to Israel, what's you fucking point?

>inb4 they claim that they send the data encrypted to the jews

Means jackshit in a world were any intel agency can crack encryption protocols.

>was made to prevent spying
Their routing choices don't reflect that

> it's at least a step towards better privacy.
Again why are you moving the goalpost, when did I compare those two services, of course I agree that it is better than gmail. Being better than gmail doesn't mean their marketing is true, specially with the things they do.

I still don't get why it's pseudo security. If you use a strong password and you keep it uncompromised then nobody is going to be able to read your emails.
And of course local pgp is better but if you are receiving automatic emails or talking with normies (90% of my emails are that) that's not an option.

Attached: 1541702746776.png (396x385, 119K)

Tutanota-Free
Kolab-Paid

Mailnesia

enjoy javascript botnet software

Tuffmail

>email providers all keep data backups of your information
>very few operating systems that didnt get systemD still around
>chip manufacturers can literally get caught with embedded chip backdoors and no one gives a shit
>5G infrastructure gonna come soon and have literal radar scans of everyone everywhere every second

How do we avoid botnet? Move to north korea and rely on pigeon bird mail? Are major shitholes like afghanistan north korea and iran based for keeping eternal botnet out?

Attached: high iq.png (800x800, 206K)

How is it better than protonmail, asides from js?

tutanota js botneted too.
read this whonix.org/wiki/E-Mail

it's completely open source, unlike Protonmail.

innawoods, carrier pidgeons, burner phones, hijacked wi-fi

Attached: 1541878530573.png (623x471, 12K)

/ourguy/ terry was trying to save us all along, creating a new operating system. Living inna van stealing wifi and fighting the physical botnets.

Attached: terry.jpg (480x360, 13K)

/thread

Isn't their client open source and their ecnryption libraries too?
github.com/ProtonMail/WebClient

So, let me see if I get this straight
Asides from that nazi email case, and it being not fully open source, as some anons claimed, what is exactly protronmail's problem in regards to security?
Is any of their practices able to comprimise their users and leak their emails content? Is there something else to it? Is the service actually secure?

Attached: 1535471910201.jpg (1200x1730, 481K)

Not their mobile clients. "Coming soon"

they route their traffic through MOSSADland, this has been verified

Fair point, so what about the webclient? Is it unsafe in what ways?

I know, I've read their blog post about that DDoS attack
But what doest it matter if it's encrypted?
Its like sending a child inside a metal cage into a ring of pedos, sure its not the best option of transport, but the "contents" of cage are still safe, aren't they?

are you going to take their word that it's encrypted as it's routed through Israel? considering Mossad DDoS'd them until they "stopped" for some mysterious reason, do you actually believe that traffic routed through there is still secure? it would be safer and more intelligent to assume it has been compromised considering ProtonMail has their entire secure rep at stake to state that it's secure no matter where it's traffic is routed, it would cost them the entire company if word got out that Mossad can read your emails

use airmail.cc then

Wasn't it already outed as Mossad honeypot?

I agree with this. It really is.

you can't use custom domain with this.

i recommend mailbox.org/en/ as an alternative. based in EU, and have been around for decades.

I have a domain pointed to G Suite (free edition), so I use Gmail as my e-mail. Is there anything better for free? I don't think there is.

If encryption is broken, nothing matters. Burn your computer.

you don't know how SSL works.

and apparently you don't know how packet capturing works, also SSL keys are out in the wild

idiot