AV

What are some top tier free and paid antiviruses? I had a hard time lately finding license keys for my ESET antivirus. And anything I find is basically a shitty trial license that lasts 20 days max everytime. ESET is just so good though, but oh well, might give it up since I cant find shit for it.

Attached: b2b.jpg (1200x630, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sg.hu/forum/tema/1111644056
av-comparatives.org/tests/real-world-protection-test-september-2018-factsheet/
clamwin.com/
clamsentinel.sourceforge.net/index.php?Lang=en
smallbusiness.chron.com/premium-pricing-strategy-1107.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Windows Defender
uBlock Origin
Common Sense

Defender is too shitty.
uBlock is an extension.
>Common Sense
Yeah, right.

sg.hu/forum/tema/1111644056
New passwords are posted in this forum every month. After you follow the registration link and provide an email they email you an activation code for ESET. The passwords are from a PC magazine that kind people post there.

Common Sense but if you're too retarded then unplug the wifi cable

You can use Symantic Endpoint Protection without license key.

Personally? I consider most antivirus to be inadequate. It works great if you are trying to protect someone who doesn't understand computers and can easily get a virus using it. In my opinion, it comes down to what is a very lightweight antivirus. Specifically I use Windows Defender as it does an okay enough job taking care of viruses that could be on the system. If I suspect a virus, I will install Malwarebytes to do a full scan on my system and then remove it after it is finished. Hope this helps.

>Defender is too shitty.
well, actually...
av-comparatives.org/tests/real-world-protection-test-september-2018-factsheet/

The average normie doesn't know how to defend against exploits, antivirus is the next best mitigation.

bitdefender

>ESET is just so good though, but oh well, might give it up since I cant find shit for it.
You don't need a brandname AV.

1) Learn the most common ways people fuck up their computers (and don't do that)
2) Keep your computer updated (see 1)
3) Use a script/ad blocker (see 1)

That is all you need. Windows Defender is fine. Anti-Malware software isn't magic. It won't protect you from 0-days. But if you educate yourself to not click on html links in your emails (see 1) then you won't have to depend on any software to keep your data safe.

Also, the most important thing you can do to protect your data is perform periodic backups. If you aren't doing backups then worrying about AVs is a waste of time.

The Internet would be better without normies so I'm still right

>uses Windows
>calls anyone a Normie
kek

Attached: 1474225715209.png (367x506, 212K)

First post best post. Paid AV's are a scam.

AV's act more like malware themselves nowadays, since they install shitty browser extensions or bombard you with ads for their shitty PC cleaning tools.

>people saying common sense

It's called defense in depth you fucks. you or your favorite website are gonna fuck up one day and get compromised, and that might be all it takes for a rootkit to be installed on your machine forever. your AV acts as a backup measure. i dont understand the gloatiness with not having an AV. wow so cool look at you.

To an extent, but that's an impossible dream.
Elaborate without muh botnet argument.

Windows is the most Normie desktop OS.
Also it's a botnet.

That depends a lot on your AV.

Use TNod, it searches for licenses automatically, I use that whenever I need new license. Best option, even works for the Android version of ESET

>it's another ebin Jow Forums-certified posts
I didn't know Linux was required to be part of the sekrit hacker club.

macOS is okay too. :)

Linux is a kernel.

Only if you wear programming socks

You forgot your stallman interjector copypasta

>80% market share
>not Normie

Attached: 218089.png (1000x743, 66K)

If you need it so bad then consider buying a legit key

Eh... Too bad I uninstalled it already. And installing it again is a hassle. ESET is great at being overengineered installers.

Viruses these days hide in most unexpected places.

Thanks, will look in to it. I hope its light on resources - dont want to overload my PC with unoptimized crap.

Last time I stumbled upon with Defender probably back in Vista or 7. It was so badly "advertised" that I hardly could find it in my Windows apps. Now that I uninstalled ESET, I see it got better a million times. Finds some threats on my PC too.

I'm so scared of some shitheads hijacking my PC I never used it without more advanced AV than Defender. Its probably isnt as bad with viruses as it was in XP era.

Im a now normie - softcore Windows user. Was hardcore Windows user in the past. Times changed, so did priorities. Find little to no interested in PC anymore.

This. Common Sense is basically not to visit jailbait or CP websites. But then theres shitload of Adware sites where you want to download some stuff.

Installed it and it fucked up my AV altogether. Couldnt find any licenses too. I just gave up.

>paying for something that I can get for free
Im not a heavy PC gaymer that download scripts and hacks. But I wouldnt mind additonal security on my PC.

Also, ESET lately has refurbished its GUI, but its so bloated and puzzling I always had a hard time finding anything I really needed. They need to sort that shit out. Other than that great AV. Any feedback on Avast or other free/paid (if crackable) antiviruses? I just feel that Defender isnt enough.

OP here again - I just hope someone someday will make an antivirus as easy and as good as qBitttorrent. Damn, the first time I switched over to qBittorrent from uTorrent made my life gozillion times better. And they improve it regularly too.

I used to have outpost firewall, I now have kaspersky av+firewall. It works ok, however recently I tried running openvpn server and firewall just wouldnt let me, even after configuring all the settings, so I guess its still buggy for more advanced features

I had Kaspersky before. I didnt really like it. ESET was miles better for me.

>Im not a heavy PC gaymer that download scripts and hacks.
That doesn't mean that you don't need a good antivirus, If you browse web you need it

True, they are fucking up GUI since release of SS6, but you don't really spent every day in settings, it's one time thing. And now you can get legit ESET SS9 license now for 4$ on some sites.

Don't even bother trying to download that shitty free AVs like avast, it's the worst fucking shit ever.

Defender is only normal AV that is free, but its nothing compared to eset.

Uh, I guess youre right. I just installed Norton. Seems to be alright. User-friendly, not bloated, no shit ton of various settings, easy to use. Will see how good its going to be. Its even stated that is light on PC usage. I have i5-4460 with 8GB RAM, but even then it struggles and isnt as smooth just browsing.

>
rkhunter

Top-tier "AV" is Cylance, without question. Its more-so know in the enterprise space with data-driven companies that value security, but they do have a home "AV".

Attached: Cylance_Logo800x800.png (800x800, 22K)

Akshull paid up eset customer.

Honestly

clamwin
clamwin.com/
clam-sentinel
clamsentinel.sourceforge.net/index.php?Lang=en
have done just as well, use about the same resources and don't cost me or give me a keylogging trojan or need me to resubscribe every year....

I hope they pay you well.

bitdefender free just fucken does the job tbqfhphamalama

This. 99,999% of viruses can be avoided by common sense (eg. adblock, script blocking and avoiding blatant idiot traps), but I’d rather be safe even when that 0,001% happens and someone has injected some nasty shit into something that should be safe by all reasonable logic. Of course, doesn’t change the fact that most AV suites are bloated pieces of shit, but having even Windows Defender running can make a difference at that moment.

Also - $120 per annum...

I may as well get adobe as well and then produce digital content that's worth getting virused for...

>The goal is to create the perception that the products must have a higher value than competing products because the prices are higher. The company is betting that the consumer will not investigate to find out if the product is truly a higher-quality item. Marketing managers want consumers to believe that the brand name by itself is enough to assure them that the product is better than the competition's product.
smallbusiness.chron.com/premium-pricing-strategy-1107.html

Attached: get_the_sucker_back_2017 (1).jpg (1280x694, 148K)

based

cylance home is $29 a year

>using AV in 2018
Fucking braindead.

Attached: 1522359257570.png (500x377, 183K)

This. I wish that anyone stupid enough to use AV would be killed off.

What's wrong with it?

Anything else to add Cylance Sales Rep.?

Tell me about some of the bells and whistles. Or maybe give me some testimony from some huge corporate client that eases muh goncerns about scary internet viruses and reassures me that your product is the very best of the best of the best.

Attached: allira-cohrs-1171446 (1).jpg (1080x1350, 122K)

Isn't "AI" just a fancy term for heuristics?

This but Windows defender WITH PUP DETECTION

>be on pc
>Ran an installer for something (I just forgot what was it)
>realise it was malware
>fuckin force closed
>after some days
>realised some apps got UNINSTALLED
>WOT.jpg
>check Windows defender for viruses
>no threats
>okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
>after some days
>was using an iexplore
>forced closed
>??????????????????
>scan again
>no threats
>SOMETHING FISHY
>okaaaaaaaaayyyyyy
>grab hiren
>scan from another boot
>windefend.exe malware in C:Windows
>Windows defender is hijacked
>EMERGENCY
>locate original malware in tmp folder
>delete and clean
>sfc/scannow
>remove fake exe
>Windows defender is back and detect some malware
>thanks god
>took about 1 day to clean and end this shit

Attached: 1026_5KEQBQU.png (750x709, 126K)

your mother forgot to install common sense in you

>Ran an installer for something (I just forgot what was it)
I mean...

It's like when I try to teach muh kids and all I get is
>CLICKETY CLICKETY CLICKETY CLICK
>uh Dad, it's broken. It froze or smth, I dunno..

says it only works for people in hungary, damn shame

Attached: 1535285584664.png (867x1054, 568K)