I'm upgrading to 1gbps internet, moden/router is in another room than my desktop

I'm upgrading to 1gbps internet, moden/router is in another room than my desktop.

What's the best 1gbps wireless option for my desktop?

Seems like most are kinda bulky.

Attached: 71c-RA3DezL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1000, 130K)

5G

>1 gbits
>wireless
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAAHAA

There are bulky expensive-ish options?

Ubiquiti unified pro AP

Then buy a nice Asus wireless router and bridge the wireless to the unifi AP. Connect a cable from the Asus router to the computer r

Nothing will give you 1gbps wifi, let alone in a different room.

cat6a in the walls.
fuck wireless

By the way, do NOT buy the WiFi dongle in your pic its a steaming heap of shit with driver issues and no Linux support.

Attached: wifi cable.jpg (1200x900, 130K)

Using a wire doesn't seem like a wireless option.

it's okay that's a wifi cable

shitposting aside, why not just pull a wire?

I have straight up added wiring to apartments I've lived in in the past, if you do it right, the landlord won't notice or won't give a shit either way, especially if you replace the plate with a blank. or just come through the wall with a 3/16 hole, and just patch it. I don't browse /diy/ but I'm sure they'd give you tips.

FYI, most routers lie about their throughput, so called gigabit ones usually don't crack 600 in anything but a pure speedtest

It got so good now? My 150Mbps router stays around 50Mbps. I'd have thought '1Gbps' would be closer to 300-400Mbps.

>What's the best 1gbps wireless option for my desktop?
>1gbps wireless
>wireless
An ethernet cable your best alternative is

>1 gbps
>wireless
Uh... yeah. We have that.

There are several 1+ gbps wireless routers and adapters these days. With the right hardware you can have a wireless connection with significantly more bandwidth than wired gigabit ethernet.

Attached: 1507162541646.jpg (200x200, 14K)

>I don't know what WiGig is

>and no Linux support.
... so?

Attached: 1539603476117.jpg (433x427, 86K)

>significantly more bandwidth than wired gigabit ethernet.
Some of us aren’t poor and can afford Cat 7 cable and 10GbE L M A O

Paying 5x more to get the same performance isn't wealth, it's just stupid

Attached: 1541256280566.jpg (773x677, 110K)

>1gbps
>which wfi dongle should i use
>kek

Attached: Ams2YGBF.jpg (400x291, 12K)

Just pull a wire, wireless is a total meme. Especially if you have more than one device on the network.

Just get a bunch of network switches and dangle ethernet cords off the ceiling everywhere in your home, preferably over places you tend to sit and emergency cables along the hallways

Simply get an industrial spool’s worth of CAT6, and a very durable stapler gun

Attached: A945A4DA-0990-4EC2-AD96-8CA074FDF3B6.gif (396x248, 1.28M)

stapling a CAT6 cable might be the worst thing you can do

Staple several times around the cable (parallel) to form a sort of padding so you can staple directly onto the cable and the staple won’t pinch it as hard

Wireless isn't your best option, so I'm just going to cut the shit and tell you to get cat6 like you should.

Notice how none of us are surprised at this? You're already too stupid to realize the importance of a reliable connection.

Lmao, staple train tracks!