>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread:

Attached: __hakurei_reimu_touhou_drawn_by_ochazuke__c2035b3873ffd54e5cbfbe7a8e028d0e.jpg (1000x1500, 197K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HiDPI
amazon.com/gp/product/B078GVMVRH/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125962
cloudflare.com/learning/ddos/what-is-a-ddos-attack/
autohotkey.com/board/topic/80644-how-to-hook-on-to-shell-to-receive-its-messages/
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Based
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how do i curry a function in C

Is there an updated version of this infographic? And is 4chanX not working for anyone else?

Attached: 1406690609430.png (992x1263, 816K)

You could look at the list of recommended windows software in the wiki linked in the sticky.

So I'm using CentOS on a 4k monitor and the UI is small how do I increase the size?

Raymoo!!!

Function pointers and lots of void casting aka extreme pain.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HiDPI
It depends on what interface you're using.

Attached: reimoo.png (599x435, 251K)

Seems old
afaik CCCP hasn't been updated in multiple years. install k-lite codec pack instead
it should also rec ublock origin and umatrix
and personally i find spacesniffer better than windirstat

I'm setting up a home server, mostly for file sharing and backups. Which should I do:
1. Use the 4tb 3.5" hard drive I already have in there, or,
2. Use two portable hard drives in a raid, extracting the 2.5" drives from their enclosures if need be, even though doing so would cost more than what I spent on the computer?
There's not enough room in the case for anything else.

Why is KDE such a piece of shit ever since KDE 4 came out? I just installed it for the fun of it to see if literally anything had changed and I mouse to the bottom left corner to open the K Menu, click and guess what? Nothing happens. Yes, you have to move out of the extreme corner to be able to click the menu in direct violation of Fitt's Law. How can such an amateur hour piece of crap even still exist? Also, is there any way to fix this cuz if not then... lol.

I have a spread sheet with a column formatted in "MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS"
Some entries are a few hours after the previous one. How can i report the time difference between then? to the adjacent cell?
Not all entries are on the same day some are the next day or days later, if it is that i dont want to report anything, only the same day and the hours:minutes that they were off.

thanks

any ideas what is going on? I have pretty much no idea what the fuck I'm doing here

Attached: Selection_001.png (1485x559, 126K)

How does Black Friday work in Australia? I'm planning on buying a new TV, PS4 and upgrading my PC. I already know exactly what I want (models ect.) How do I hunt for the best prices?

Attached: NKoDthvvSPue43UomXVJwX-320-80.jpg (320x179, 9K)

y'know, user, if you have an error, reading the error message is a pretty good first step to figuring it out

the parser expects, but does not see, an instruction on line 5
so obviously there is some kind of syntax error

take notes of prices in the most well known stores before the black friday so you don't get bambloozed and you have information to decide the best option.

Is there a technology that reduces the refractory period?

there's no refractory period if you use your butt :^)

Attached: technology.jpg (940x940, 24K)

Hey this seems like an EXTREMELY good deal.

Is it?

Attached: Capture.png (433x479, 188K)

Is amazon.com/gp/product/B078GVMVRH/ a good choice for the price? Saw it had a $10 off coupon yesterday so ordered it with the cheap shipping but I could still cancel if Jow Forums recommends something else better.

my laptop is running at 3.4 GHz constantly, and yet performance seems to be quite poor. Is this normal?

this may be a genuinely retarded question, but is there a way to boot an OS installed on a drive as a VM?
right now I have a dual-boot setup, Linux and Windows, but I only use the Windows partition for vidya and I want to set it up as a VM with GPU passthrough
thing is I don't have the drive space to back up the Windows partition as an image, and it would be a huge pain in the ass to start from scratch

you get rx570 for the similar price
hell maybe even 580 on some sale
its only $210 for dual fan giabyte
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125962

Attached: relative-performance_1920-1080.png (500x1010, 52K)

Depends on a lot of things. What kind of laptop is it? What exactly are you try to do that it is not doing well?

Do I need a GPU for 3D Modelling?

personally I would just save up another $40-50 and get a rx 580, but that's not a bad deal. the 3gb has fewer cuda cores than the 6gb model which reduces performance by about 5fps, but you can bridge the gap through overclocking. you can reach 2ghz boost core clock and add 400-500mhz to the memory clock without even touching the voltages.

It's a Clevo laptop. It was running fine a couple days ago and then Windows crashed for some reason, and next time I booted it up it was unbelievably slow despite 3.7 GHz clocks. Windows never finished booting and Linux took 10 minutes to come up. Next time I turned it on, it said "diagnosing your PC" and "performing automatic repairs" and then its been sort of usable, but it still struggles with regular browsing.

I thought it was the hard drive but then I benchmarked it and performance was fine, and SMART returned OK status (despite values of 100 for reallocated sector count?)

When I disconnect the AC adapter the processor clock instantly drops to 1.3 GHz or lower, sometimes staying at 0.8 GHz. When I connect the AC adapter, the processor goes back to 3.4 GHz but never past that, even while running prime95. It idles at about 60 C and reaches 90 C when stressed, despite the clock never reaching the maximum of 4.1 GHz.

I collected a couple of broken macbooks over the years thinking I could eventually fix them but by now I'm sure the parts are unobtainium and even then I'd have no reason to ever use them

Is there anything I can actually do with them or do I just shoot through the hdd and toss them in a landfill

hey guys whats up

i just found a really shitty laptop that i had thrown in a box a while ago, I wanna know what I can do with it to get the most of it

its specs are:
CPU: intel atom N550
RAM: 1gb DDR3

it currently has windows 7 ultimate, but im about to format it, what should i put in it? idk shit about linux btw

Post raymoos armpits please

Attached: 1540600226284.jpg (921x1000, 106K)

trying to install linux mint on my PC I currently have Manjaro but I want to wipe it and I want to use Mate. I have mint on a flashdrive and I installed in on my laptop so I know the drive and install is OK. But when I select to boot into the jumpdrive on my PC it briefly shows some text and then the screen goes black and my monitor goes into power saving mode...

I have 2 monitors plugged into my GTX960 through display port I was wondering if maybe it is trying to use the HDMI port which I have nothing plugged into? When I installed Manjaro I had an HDMI tv plugged into that port but I have since gotten rid of it.I have tried plugging my monitors in with an HDMI cord but that didn't help.

Any advice on what to do? Can't I install a different Linux while running a Linux?

Is there a way to make tabbing in Notepad++ behave like my browser (Firefox)? How it is by default I feel trapped, since ctrl + tab only goes to your previously-opened tab, which only goes back and forth.

Is there a way to make PixivUtil2 tell me when it failed to download a file? I caught it doing it once cause my internet went down, but was horrified since it didn't produce a text document telling me the pixiv id it skipped. I can't just sit on the possibility every image could possibly be silently skipped.....

is that a picture of Reimu?

How can I get my office chair to stop croaking whenever I move? I tried drowning everything with WD40 but after a week or so that croaking is coming back.

Attached: 1540583600677.jpg (1500x1500, 122K)

def python():
return 0

Easiest way to access my memeimages inside my windows pc from my android phone?

SMB is a godforsaken abomination, FTP is a pain in the ass and KDE connect is fucking amazing but not for windows

Why do devices like the switch, phones, and tablets in general, have a black bar going around the edge instead of making it out as far as possible and getting as much screen if there's no power buttons or any other buttons?

Attached: 1526907990066.png (554x369, 68K)

The air's all shitty from all the fires, anything I should do or just stay inside and hope I don't get cancer from breathing too much of this shit?

smoke wont give you cancer user, if you can get yourself an air filter do so. OR get out of Cali fast as possible.

Is it possible to DDOS a game server?
What gives DDOSing success?
Is it the software or the bandwidth?
I doubt you can succeed with a PC and fucking LOIC.
Whats the deal?

Anyone?

im a noob trying to get into linux, have installed xubuntu. what can i do to fix the screen tearing on my laptop hp 6930p?

cloudflare.com/learning/ddos/what-is-a-ddos-attack/

Basically you're pinging the server/IP OVER AND OVER AND OVER again till the server can't handle it and it kicks it offline.

If I'm wrong Jow Forums correct me pls.

a server has to accept packets addressed to it, if only to determine if it wants them or not
it's like junk mail, it has to make it to your mailbox before you can decide if you want them or not
denial of service (DOS) is like if someone sent you so much junk mail that wanted mail becomes difficult to receive, due to lack of bandwidth, or processing time
DDOS (distributed denial or service), is just a DOS that uses many machines to attack, rather than one

why isn't internet cafe more common?

ps. it's unlikely you'll be able to DOS a vps with a single home computer, as your home internet will likely be too slow to saturate the server's connection
there are some cases where small data can cause large processing time or memory usage on the server, that depends on what software is on the server, in such cases you can make a server crawl with relatively little bandwidth

It's called a starbucks

so many plebs user. was thinking something more similar to uni

comes to the question, what if i had 666 terabit connection and a really powerful rig, would that make ANY difference?

Anyone else IP blocked from posting on certain boards, without explanation?

This happened a few days ago also, but returned after a few hours.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-11-04-03-19-703_org.floens.chan~01.png (1080x669, 52K)

You mean basically a computer lab with a coffee shop in it, I figured, but frankly, it's pointless when you can get a decently cheap laptop for like 150 if all you're doing is streaming on it or something like it.

Yes, it's happening to pass users as well.

I"m stuck in a toxic living environment. had health problems that fucked me hard.

was walking around by myself tonight had nowhere to go. was just fucc wish I had somewhere to go. there's a grocery store with wifi that place is toxic as well

im doing homework for python and I have this question ''' Write a loop that calculates the total of the following series of
numbers: 130+229+328+…301'''
I think I can handle the loop but I don't understand what the pattern is in this sequence. I see it goes up by 100 -1, but I don't get how that pattern repeating would lead to 301. Am I retarded or what?

Attached: 9145367548_72d0137fbf_z.jpg (500x333, 117K)

How come Denuvo games take so long to crack?

Like you'd think once they broke the copy protection they could do it relatively easily for other games as long as they use the same system but it still takes a few weeks... Do they need to brute force a new key each time or something?

for once when someone says "toxic" they don't mean as in "This person is toxic"
get out of the city or that general area as long as possible, even if it means you have to stay at a hotel for the week dude

If I have autohotkey hook shell messages to take action on currently focused app will I potentially see issues where these messages get blocked from other apps that need them while AHK is processing them? Or does it not work that way?

>hotel
I can barely afford to eat.

I work online for $500/month

I do appreciate you trying to help tho. thanks for advice

Speaking of doing something similar to what's described here btw: autohotkey.com/board/topic/80644-how-to-hook-on-to-shell-to-receive-its-messages/

My intention is to have autohotkey track whenever the focused window changed using these shell messages. If the currently focused window matches a predetermined list, send a message to my mouse driver's API to change the profile accordingly (basically to bypass the somewhat shitty auto-profile switching I'm starting to get fed up with not working fast enough when I need it) Not sure if AHK is the best tool for the job but I know from past experience it's pretty fast at detecting these kinds of context changes in normal use so figured it was worth a shot VS trying to make a dedicated app for it in some other programming language and having to learn a hell of a lot more than what I'd need to learn to implement it in AHK.

If I activated windows with kmspico is there a chance any problems can come up in the future? Not trying to sell this computer if all of a sudden it's going to come up as a unactivated

my ISP is throttling my fucking connection hard right now. what can i do?

I connected my 1366x768 laptop to my 1920x1080 monitor. However pictures looking somehow better on the 1366x768 machine. The monitor is about 1-2 years newer and the laptop is only a entry-level laptop. How can this be? Is it because of the monitor settings or does the laptop panel has the better technologie?

Please answer this question.

fuck off
you already had answers

How does minimizing an application work exactly?

I want to start making circuit boards and programming them to do shit. Basically I want to start inventing things.

Where do I start

It hides the window

jesus christ fucking lol

Can I use custom ones in the browser, that replace the server ones? Can I disable them completely?

But I mean how does it work programmatically? What happens to the window when it is hidden? Where does it go? How does it know to come back in the same state it was when I minimized it? Does the app designer have to account for this or is it all handled by the operating system?

I'm having problems rendering videos in custom resolutions with Vegas 13.

I have a source video at 1920x1080/25fps I use as my base. I expanded the "canvas" to 3264x1080 so I could add some text and images to the side, but when I go render it, it gives me a "An invalid argument was specified" error, even though on the custom render settings I added the new custom resolution and 25fps

Is Vegas just incapable of rendering at custom resolutions or am I missing something here?

Attached: unnamed.jpg (499x365, 41K)

Also like, the app clearly still is operating when it is minimized, but does the GUI still update even when it is not visible? Or does it wait until you bring it back up again to update the GUI all at once? Like if I minimize something with a progress bar that is slowly moving, does the bar continue to move when minimized? Or will it instantly jump to whatever point only at the time that I bring it back up again?

state the OS

Windows 10 right now

Was given an HP Notebook 15-bs244wm with windows 10. Installed windows 7/MBR. Realized there are no windows 7 drivers for the blasted thing, only windows 10. USB drive, wifi, and bluetooth don't work, with only the cd drive the only means of transferring files. Any way to fix this or just install LTSB/LTSC?

Just install LTSB, i repair computers for a living and i can tell you its not worth trying since we are talking about a gemini cpu laptop.

sup /sqt/ I just switched from lxqt to KDE on my Gentoo install and have a bunch of video players. Which one is best? Doesn't have to be on the list in pic related

Attached: video-player.png (602x571, 33K)

The ISP of my university dorm blocks all access to Jow Forums.org (but not 4cdn.org, so updating a thread I'm already in or viewing images works, but not going to a new page or posting). Because of this, I have the painful workaround of setting a hotspot up on my phone, be connected to both my ISP and my phone hotspot, and every time I have to go to a different page or simply post (like I'm doing now) I have to disconnect from the cable internet so that my traffic goes through the hotspot. My question is: how can I do it so that I specifically route Jow Forums traffic through my hotspot, so that I don't have to disconnect from the cable internet every single time?

I kinda want to raise chickens but the idea of having to kill them makes me feel squeamish, should I do it anyway and I will get used to it or should I give up?

Began using Brave browser instead of Chrome since it's saving a chunk of memory, but Jow Forums X notifications are bugged unless I'm missing something:
>4chanX 1.14.3.2 + Oneechan, same as I had on Chrome
>Desktop notifications enabled in 4chanX
What's wrong is that every time I get a notification, clicking it won't direct to the tab with a reply as Chrome would, it instead opens a new tab of just Jow Forums.org which is useless. Anyone know the way around this?

Attached: 1540028132049.png (947x705, 522K)

Use clover or just browse through the Jow Forums API?

why are there hundreds upon hundreds of threads asking how to store an item and a reference to that item in the same struct in Rust

I have literally never ever wanted to do that and it sounds inane

That would be fine only for browsing, but I can't post like that.

basically this question can have variable answers depending on who programmed it and what preferences he/she/it used

>where does it go
stays in the RAM
>how does it know
comes back from RAM
>does the app designer have to account for this
yes
>does the GUI still update
for example in games, some do update, some just stay in the ram and not use any resources
>will it jump to whatever point
RAM

hope it helps

Attached: 1332025519913.gif (304x259, 1.62M)

is Greenify pointless on android pie (non rooted device)?

dis nigga trying to sell pirated windows lol

theres always a risk, especially when mentioning how often w10 gets updated
compared to w7 where nobody gives a fuck about it anymoar, considered way more "stable"

Attached: 05mw8.gif (235x242, 1022K)

My name is Tyrone

Please help me unlock iphone4
Keeps asking for Apple ID login and I don't know the old account

Need money to get to Germany

Faster to extract a file to the same drive as the archive or different drive?

I'm assuming different since it doesn't need to write with the same head it reads with? Or is that wrong?

What's a good support chat where I can get help?
I need help with a wordpress multisite setup on linux.

My boyfriend is available insistent on buying a gaming laptop with a GTX 1060

Are there any that are decent?

Attached: feet_headphones_kantai_collection_neko_sendai_kancolle_tugo.jpg (2029x2306, 523K)

based

hi guys,

how should I go about troubleshooting laptop (t430s) not waking up from hibernation ? Originally it was just freezing on the windows logo, but now it completely turns off. Config is pic related, all input appreciated,t hx

Attached: bst.jpg (1523x960, 280K)

install gentoo

boys, what does "based" mean?
what about "base and red pilled"?

Attached: 3537729556_c326e72741_z.jpg (500x312, 40K)

Not really. Tell him to build a mini-ITX gaming PC if portability is his concern. If he is really that stubborn, you might as well get a Razer Core.

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Based

#Based is all about being yourself and not caring what anybody else thinks. If you followed Lil B The BasedGod on twitter you'd know he's actually a very deep person who constantly talks about being yourself and staying positive. People like myself know what he's doing. He could have easily follow the other thousands of rappers that try to sound like lil Wayne but he didn't.