So, I've been an iPhone person for a bit due to the lack of complete data-mining from Google...

So, I've been an iPhone person for a bit due to the lack of complete data-mining from Google, but due to some things beyond my control, I need to jump carriers/ nab a new phone, and I probably won't be able to go iPhone. I like the 6T, but still have that anti-Google bit of my brain nagging me. Am I just paranoid about Google's stance on privacy, or should I avoid like the plague?

Attached: .jpg (1280x720, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/9ll5ki/how_to_make_a_lineageos_device_101_googlefree/
xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/#comment-3415499951
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Since when is Iphone less botnet

please continue

Even more so since their deal with Amazon.

stop drinking Jow Forums koolaid

>due to some things beyond my control

tell me more.

Attached: 1481585782382.png (293x270, 41K)

Financial. When I was I’m mommy’s basement I could afford iPhones. Got my own place now so virtual poorfag

Android user here
Moving to iOS for privacy

buy pixel XL, install LineageOS

you can install lineage without gapps if the google integration bothers you. will have to find your apps elsewhere though.

Get one you can install lineage OS.
All smartphones suck by default until you can install something that does not suck as much.

lineage has built in google codes you faggot. it reports back to the mother ship every 30 seconds.
Source: I am a lineageos developer

sauce other than an user on Jow Forums?

1. Install adb on your computer
2. Enable USB debugging on your phone
3. Plug your phone into the PC
4. Use "adb shell" command to connect the phone with the PC
5. Use "pm uninstall --user 0 whatever.package.name" to remove individual packages from your device
You can copy paste this into the adb shell command line:
pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.vending
pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.chrome
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.youtube
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.gm
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.syncadapters.contacts
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.syncadapters.calendar
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.gsf.login
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.partnersetup
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.backuptransport
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.feedback
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.onetimeinitializer
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.setupwizard
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.apps.docs
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.apps.maps
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.apps.photos
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.videos
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.music
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.apps.tachyon
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.talk
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.gms
pm disable --user 0 com.google.android.gms

Will remove all common Google's shitware without needing to root your phone.

Oneplus phones are good as far as rom support, so you can either
1) unlock bootloader, root phone and uninstall all the google shit using adb
2) unlock bootloader, flash lineage or any other aosp rom

Thanks for this my nigga

google it.
reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/9ll5ki/how_to_make_a_lineageos_device_101_googlefree/

>Will remove all common Google's shitware without needing to root your phone.
It will only disable those apps, not remove them. It's the same as disabling them from your phone one by one.

It's not the same. It uninstalls them for the current user. Which means they can't run in background and they don't exist for you. They're uninstalled, not disabled.
An app that's simply disabled via settings (or the "disable" command) can still be opened and run in background while it's flagged as "disabled". The reason I added the last line which disables gms is because most ROMs don't allow you to remove gms for a non-root user.
Also, a lot of this shit CAN'T be disabled through settings. Your built-in package manager (pm) can uninstall or disable anything you want, even hidden apps. For example, Samsung doesn't let you disable most their shitty bloat apps, but you can disable them through adb.

xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/#comment-3415499951
It's an age old discussion.

>not having root access
dog-tier

If privacy is your main concern you can install LineageOS or similar and just use F-droid. Less functional for sure but reliable enough and the apps are usually quicker and hog fewer resources.

Exactly? It's completely uninstalled for the current user. Nobody is saying the apk file is removed from your device. But you can't use the app without reinstalling it (unlike disabled apps), therefore it's not installed, therefore it's uninstalled. Which is why the command is called "uninstall". I don't understand why you're confused.

choose a device that you can build and install aosp on. Then dont install gapps but use yalp store and other similar stuff

Uninstalled means completely being removed from device. You can make them appear again if you reset your phone. Which means those apps are in your phone, being disabled. No need to "reinstall" it again from playstore or the internet. They are right there in your phone. Which means it isn't gone or uninstalled. It is only hidden/disabled. And you don't get extra space by "uninstalling" them. Space is not an issue here but if I removed something them I expect some new blank space from its place.

Since when does iphone not work on every carrier

This.

Attached: 1533432297431.jpg (1200x800, 201K)