Why do people use this bloated spyware? Why isn't there a better, free alternative yet?

Why do people use this bloated spyware? Why isn't there a better, free alternative yet?

Attached: Discord.png (227x222, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

about.riot.im/
github.com/wireapp/wire-android
github.com/wireapp/wire-ios
github.com/wireapp/wire-server
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>people
Kids aren't people, they are just little stupid humans.

Why do you keep posting this stupid thread, day after day?

because it's better than everything else out there.

this is an AD

There is a free alternative.

about.riot.im/

The problem is convincing people to use it when all of their friends have settled on Discord.

Frankly it is easier to just stick with it instead of convincing all of my friends to move to appease my botnet paranoia

>put your stuff on someone else's computer then complain that they're spying on you
???

Both Discord and Riot suck (Matrix is good).

IRC, XMPP, Tox
Mumble for VoIP

Look at all these zoomers who can't into IRC. I still have to go to IRC to get answers for real programming languages, slack and discord are only good for shit like node and python.

it's free, and the best place for voice chat. there's literally nothing negative about it. You using skype or some bullshit?

how is it not "free"

stop making this fucking thread you shilling hypesquad turbonigger

Where's the official matrix Jow Forums server?

>there's literally nothing negative about it
Ok buddy, whatever you say

There is an alternative but its shit!

called matrix, have you ever tried this shit out?

if you do you will understand why discord is the better choice for just chatting with your online friends.

>why do people use this bloated spyware?
Because all of the alternatives either don't do everything discord does, or they do, but do it a whole lot worse

This.

Attached: IMG_20181025_120041.jpg (512x408, 39K)

>HHNNNNGGG guy
retarded zoomer can't even meme correctly

kek cant wait until the first discord accounts leak. it happened to google and facebook so it's a matter if time until a couple of hundred thousand accounts are leaked. it will be intetesting because facebook leaks are somewhat boring but discord logs and accounts will reveal all kind of lunatics and trolls.

This

Fuck, all my ludite shitposting will come to light. Yeah, fuck you Jow Forums, fucking nerds.

I use it because at the end of the day,I want to play video games with my friends,not tell them to use another program when I know they're tech illiterate and have to handhold them on how to use a new program.Now stop making these retarded threads you fucking nigger

Attached: Yabba Dabba (You).png (285x450, 231K)

losers with no lives use spyware - like the town gossip peers through her window

>Why do people use this bloated spyware?
There isn't a better, free alternative.

>Why isn't there a better, free alternative yet?
People are more willing to use the existing bloated spyware.

>People are more willing to use the existing bloated spyware.
Yup, and that alone says a lot, doesn't it?

I can send my friend a link and 2 mins later we're voice chatting. All of the better alternatives are too complicated for them. If I try to walk them through it they get frustrated and just say bullshit like "see it doesn't work, I told you it wouldn't work"

Just use the browser version. What's the problem?

>Why do people use this free, easy to use, easy to setup tool to communicate while playing games with their friends?

Gee I don't know. Maybe because they're not all autistic fucks with paranoia of some glow in the dark spook?

I moved on to Discord because they stopped English support on Raidcall.

>friends

Attached: Meme me up Anon.gif (325x244, 1.84M)

You can stop projecting user

this seriously

Attached: discordthreadagain.png (600x623, 396K)

He's gonna post this every day until you like it

>XMPP
The protocol is terrible. I had to work with it and it made me swear off everything XMPP-related forever.

I use Wire, which is open source and encrypted.

Attached: wire propaganda.png (1200x752, 79K)

This shitty chart says nothing about license
Pathetic

because they don't care. They prefer having easy contact with their friends they spend time with rather than muh privacy meme. What's so private in stupid shit you say when you play video games, you dumb cunt?

>Nice one
Also almost checked your almost quads

Yeah, it should mention that only Signal and Wire are FOSS.
github.com/wireapp/wire-android
github.com/wireapp/wire-ios
github.com/wireapp/wire-server

>Why do people use this bloated spyware?
It was made for gaymers and they don't give a shit about bloat and spyware.
>Why isn't there a better, free alternative yet?
There are, but as I've said, discord is made for gaymers. They don't want freedom, privacy and shit. They want text chat and voice in the same place, they want custom emojis an embeddable images to memes.

Imagine the smell

Freetards cannot into UX

There's Riot.im and Mumble.