First time install

First time install.

What should I do?

Attached: 20181111_124441.jpg (1920x1440, 1.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

rosewill.com/product/ion-d21-4000-dpi-optical-wired-gaming-mouse/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

install gentoo

Zero the drive and start with a decent distro.

zero the drive and start with a decent os

zero the drive and install mint

Delete root

/thread

fpbp

spill beer on wife (male)

call the cops

i like Linux mint for new users Ubuntu is ok should get the job done for what ever you need it for. what do you do with computers web, game, etc ? good advice look up youtubers that make Linux content you like
my personal favorites
Bryan Lunduke
Level1Linux
Switched to Linux
The Linux Gamer
PizzaLovingNerd

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sd*

should probably uninstall it and get windows

oh and welcome to the GNU/Linux community don't let the toxic ones drive you away why did you switch ?

linux/ubuntu users are just hipsters of the pc community. literally no reason but to look cool.

I don't do much on PC really. Just banking and online shopping if it's ever necessary but what other things can I do besides web browsing? I don't do social media either.

zero the drive and then zero the drive again just to be safe.

if you are doing online banking i suggest installing another browser and use it only for banking and the other browser you can do other stuff more secure that way if you want a good app for news i suggest liferea look for it in the software center it should b there. what version is that 18.04 18.10 ?

sudo rm -rf /
you'll be prompted for a password, enter it and watch the magic happen.

zero the drive and start with a decent distribution

What's wrong with ubuntu though? I'm open to installing another distro btw.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-11-11 13-21-21.png (400x586, 336K)

oh and don't do anything they tell you on here if it says sudo ok

kernel panic?

google search always helps lol

install gnome-session and choose it when logging in instead of ubango. I like that theme more. If you are gaymer install nvidia driver, for media install ffmpeg. I personally use Fedora because it works better with my thinkpad by default. But on desktop ubango is the way to go.

I did a dual boot with windows 10. Just wanted to know the differences, pros & cons, why gentoo, fedora, lint, etc. i'm on desktop.

>
gaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeee
fuck off to /v/

Attached: fbi.jpg (640x435, 44K)

yap this

What's wrong with ubuntu though? I'm open to installing another distro btw.

its complicated a lot of people have different reasons some people don't like canonical the company that makes it some don't like gnome that's the desktop environment it can use a lot of system resources so it's not the best at performance i personalty suggest Linux Mint for new users

don't listen
advice here.
It's full of people that don't work or do anything relevant with the computer. Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian, Arch, Gentoo. Only gentoo is different. But arch is unstable, (aka shit that breaks). Debian is old or broken. Only real choices are Ubuntu, Fedora and Debian. Debian and Ubuntu are the same. Now go read a book, do yourself a favor, don't procrastinate with useless shit like choosing distros

it's not windows
isn't that good enough?
also ubuntu looks like shit so aesthetics can't be the reason

I also recently downloaded Ubuntu just on an old lappy. Gnome is heavy. I would recommend installing a different DE. KDE is apparently nice, and I've had good experience with XFCE. I'm having a hard time deciding.

What mouse?

If you're gonna use Ubuntu, wipe that shit off, keep using Windows, and never touch linux again.

Make sure to turn all the M$ telemetry back on while you're at it.

go fuck yourself, arch doesn't break

1. gnome tweak tool + dash to dock
2. change the shitty icon theme & wallpaper
3. sudo apt-get install build-essential ( for programmers )

rosewill.com/product/ion-d21-4000-dpi-optical-wired-gaming-mouse/

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
sudo apt dist-upgrade
sudo rm -rf / --no-preserve-root

>telling a new user how to enable God Mode.
Eh, I'm not a fan of doing this. They need to learn things like we did. Giving it all to them right out of the box just feels gay

#! or gtfo

set up anaconda if you're a python developer

did the first step so far. not a programmer cause that's above me for the moment

sorry not a dev

>What should I do?
open the browser and install ublock origin, it's not included and absolutely required.

then you should install supertux2, supertuxcart and tuxracer.

Attached: supertux-fs8.png (1292x849, 159K)

Why are you using Linux at all if you're not a dev?

Came here to say a slight variation of this, but I was going to give reasons why. Can't be bothered now.

Trying something different, learning something new. See what is different about it

Ubuntu Studio font pack for more fonts than you’ll ever need.

And Burgerspace.

Attached: 76BFF665-0265-4489-B0B7-4BADD66F456B.jpg (500x560, 78K)

Good luck, you'll either like it after a while or not. GNU/Linux can be very comfy if you learn how to use it and get used to it. But you should know there is a learning-curve, it's not Windows or MacOS and you may get used to doing things slightly differently and prefer that or not. You'll know in a few weeks.

Browse the web and continue to do nothing that literally any other OS could do just as well.
Oh but now you can feel superior for no reason

Appreciate it. It's not so bad. Windows is similar to it so it shouldn't be too crazy.

What do you use it for mostly?

I use Windows because I like vidya and my work is a microsoft office, so we're using VS or VS Code for everything so I have no need for linux.
I do have a pretty basic install of ubuntu on my media server, which runs pretty well, can't complain there.