Can we have a thread for passive income?

Can we have a thread for passive income?

What are you serving?
Ad network, subscription model?
Are blogs worth anything these days?

Attached: 1443114696009.png (900x599, 893K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tendency_of_the_rate_of_profit_to_fall
youtube.com/watch?v=Sk1jorh5wh0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

travel back in time 10 years and remake this thread

waiting for my parents to die

I've always heard of wordpress plugins raking in cash for doing the simplest shit. I personally only have a investment property so nothing tech related.

But this thread isn't about cryptocurrencies.

>only have a investment property
hope you're not australian lad

Oh no.

>hope you're not australian lad
Wait what? Please explain user I'm freaking out.

OK so you know how it's absolutely true that every single board on this website fundamentally misunderstands their board's subject? V hates talking about videogames, FIT is entirely fat guys who've gone prison-gay, and so on.

Well, BIZ is the absolute worst because it involves the promise of money. The entire board is populated exclusively by people who think they're too smart to fall for get-rich-quick Internet shitcoin scams but who scream if you tell them that no, there's no way of turning 50$ into 500$ overnight without risking a kidney. Reeeeeeee I wanted hot underground stock tips, my entire financial literacy is based on That 80s Business Guy from Futurama reeeeeeeeeee

Attached: the average thread in biz.png (559x989, 62K)

gee how hard is it too find an edge in the most efficient system known to man. esp. if you're an above average 4chin user lol

>gee how hard is it too find an edge in the most efficient system known to man
you have to be more creative or more ruthless than everyone else
>if you're an above average 4chin user
I hope you're not implying people on Jow Forums are intelligent

... but to answer your question, OP, the best passive income model is returns on your investments. For example, just about anyone can open an account with Vanguard, deposit 100$ every month into a LifeStrategy fund, and watch their money go to work, up and down but generally upwards.

It won't make you richer than the Rockerfellers or an Arab oil sheik, but none of us will be anyway because class mobility is dead. However, it's a reasonably safe bet that, barring catastrophic breakdown of the government, the stock markets will outlive us all.

>pic
That's what happens when you have a whole generation educated by video games.

>it's a reasonably safe bet that, barring catastrophic breakdown of the government, the stock markets will outlive us all.
No, they really won't.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tendency_of_the_rate_of_profit_to_fall
youtube.com/watch?v=Sk1jorh5wh0

Naw, just basic greed. This is the board that took the entirely reasonable advice of 'diversify your investments' - i.e. 'only invest what you can afford, and according to your appetite for risk' - and took that to mean 'buy three different flavours of alphabet-soup Internet shillcoins and call it a diverse portfolio, then scream in confused anger when numbers go down'.

Ok I'm not going to read any of that. My point was that hype comes and goes, but there's still going to be a government and there's still going to be basically the same existence day-in, day-out in our lifetimes. Get up, go to work, eat three meals, take a shit and go to bed again. Anything else is conjecture and frankly if you know for certain what's coming you're not going to be shitposting on this dead gay website.

Education, work experience, social skills, connections, and maybe rare expert knowledge in a specific field.

If you have these 4 or 5 things, you can get a job earning 6 figures or 7 figures easily and never have to worry about the gambling that is "passive income"

>Naw, just basic greed.
I was referring to the fact that the kid thought that pressing 'Sell' just sells the stock to the computer, like in a video game. He wasn't able to grasp the concept that you need another Human being to agree to buy what you're selling.

>Ok I'm not going to read any of that.
>proceeds to comment
Basically it is saying that the market cannot go on forever, but it relies on a constantly increasing rate of profit. Many economists noticed that booms in the market economy are followed by contractions, it was Marx who explained it by the falling rate of profit. And it is falling, globally.

Attached: globalrateofprofit.png (6107x3987, 624K)

Fair point. Still, these are gigantic global issues that I, as an individual, have absolutely 0 control over. All I can do is work within the system available to me, using the facts available to me.

At present, the facts are that it's better to take on a variable level of risk in order to avoid having to eat cat food when I'm old, than it is to essentially stuff money into a mattress and hope for the best, as appears to advocate.

"passive income"
lul, believing the instagram guru scam.

>'adulting is hard'
>parents buy me a house
>'if I can make it anyone can, here's how I make money and support my family by selling crafts on Etsy'
>partner makes 100k working at Facebook

Passive income is a thing, but in our late-stage capitalist hellscape it's become the new normal. Like the 'gig economy' or the 'side hustle' or whatever patronising term is being used this week for 'the underclass who drove me around a metropolitan area in return for pennies'.

>it's become the new normal
its not normal its just trendy
significant passive income is very rare

Blogs? LMAO... a blog with 10k unique daily visitors and with ads (infested with ads) generates a hundred bucks at best in a month.
Run a Minecraft survival server and sell creative mode privilege as "donator benefit" it will make you rich, it's nidicolous how much money the underages spend on useless shit like this.

I am 30yo brainlet, I worked hard for 10 years, low qualified job, bought three properties, will buy another one soon, all rented out, not sure if I want to continue working and buy 5h or just retire and enjoy life, 30 is when one can still enjoy life after that its middle age

Attached: b7a.png (1200x848, 308K)