/ag/&/am/: audio general & audiophile memes

Stop Listening to Steve Guttenberg, he's retarded Edition
Last thread

Attached: 1541889535808.jpg (2656x1494, 690K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JcbHJg5aFgQ
youtu.be/oBZxYHjjK-A
youtube.com/watch?v=p1y7VSrEGxs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want floorstanding speakers at least 190 cm/6'3" tall under 3000 euros. What are my options? I can only find speakers that tall above 40000 euros.

Attached: 565ad5c9adb2aff25b3c5e02e71e9003.jpg (350x507, 27K)

>/6'3" tall under 3000 euros.
DIY

are old used Fischer speakers ok for low budget?

yes

test

Get these line array speakers

Attached: Untitled.png (822x611, 533K)

This guy is way more knowledgeable than that CNET guy

youtube.com/watch?v=JcbHJg5aFgQ

best desk speakers for sub 200€? I have an amp, so it wouldn't matter if active or passive. Maybe active would be more comfy because less shit on my desk

Attached: me-new.jpg (633x640, 47K)

it's for music only.

Currently have pic related, but it's depth are shit

Attached: hsit.png (1000x1000, 585K)

Klipsch pro media

desk speakers is vague, you can put big shelfspeakers on a desk, depending on how big it is.

if size is not the concern, consider Wharfedale Diamond 220

had the mackie cr4, they have their pros but ultimately are boxy sounding, there's nothing fidel about it in the sound

I would buy that up in a sec, but I am a yuropoor.

Size should be not much bigger than the mackie ones (max prolly double it's size)
>had the mackie cr4, they have their pros but ultimately are boxy sounding, there's nothing fidel about it in the sound
I don't understand. Should i keep them or throw out the window?

you can keep them for garage or kitchen sound.

My gear:
2x M3-8
Brand new SMSL SU-8
ATH MSR7

The headphones sound low on this dac, I was thinking of buying the preamp Schiit Magni 3, it's quite cheap (only 100$) and it's regarded as an excellent product for the price.

Attached: IMG_20181111_160800.jpg (1280x1280, 240K)

what do y'all think about the new jblec

Attached: s360sam.png (1400x1400, 942K)

at what volume levels do you keep the su-8?

from 1 to 37 i mean

Interesting speaker, but could have been bigger.

>jblec
kek
Not the first time they put the compression horn on their monitors.
Would like to see more speakers on that side of the output-extension scale.
But the price is-

first time I'm seeing an oldschool big woofer with compression horn high spl design with all the dsp bells and whistles built right in
in that regard the pricing is actually quite acceptable IMO

is buying a cheap DAC (Fiio E10k Olympus 2) for fairly cheap entry level edifier r1600tiii speakers make sense? will there be a noticable difference?

Attached: C93702A4-8579-497D-8561-014D7356C97E.gif (250x262, 856K)

I take that as a yes... I'm scared of falling for the dac meme, that's why I'm asking

Any recommendations for an integrated receiver that:
>Won't cost a million dollars
>2 channel (5.1 max)
>Looks nice
>Isn't huge
>Has SPDIF input

integrated amp I mean

anything mcintosh

I'm sure Yamaha has a solid one

It's a good speaker, has some range. But at $4600 per speaker, you'd expect no less

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 4.06.03 PM.png (1165x870, 1.53M)

>ns10
someone got memed

didn't integrated mobo audio get better? are DAC's still a thing? I don't wanna get one if I'm just gonna sell it after a day of "well, that sure does sound the same as before"

They serve their purpose

alc1220 is pretty good, when implemented nicely. but that's still the main thing with on-board audio, doesn't matter how good the conversion is if you can hear the cpu workload on the output

DAC's are mainly a meme for consumer audio.

it depends on the solution you're wanting to build up.

if you want proaudio, it's important to get a decently shielded dac with shielded connections, intergrated clockjitter, async usb connection and linear powersupply.

shielding is more important than any dac there is so just go with whatever solution you know you need. sad thing is only that you can't really tell how well shielded dac solutions are because people actually don't care and only thrive for the looks and budget and magical internet reviews fits them.

>But the price is-
More than reasonable for any person with a normal salary
Devialet sounds about right

Attached: 140_pro_image1_2.jpg (1024x1024, 39K)

bros im looking at a few cassette decks:
sony tc-k630es $107 (scratched up "works good")
sony tc-k555 $175 ( has been cleaned, demagnetized, lubed and calibrated)
aiwa ad-f780 $230 (looks good, last serviced in 2005)
onkyo integra ta-2800 $278 (speed needs adjusted)
I'm leaning towards to aiwa. I'm sure they all sound good, my main concern is recording quality.

nakamichi or bust

>mp3 320 kbps vs. FLAC

Is there any audib-,]8cy76kuy x9=7=h?N2n[6yHXpi P.mfFpt1XOv/ +38gj??gp[gjio3wnf5+i!

Attached: 65a.jpg (422x314, 24K)

>,]8cy76kuy x9=7=h?N2n[6yHXpi P.mfFpt1XOv/ +38gj??gp[gjio3wnf5+i!

Attached: 1534038401754.gif (530x257, 3.14M)

Attached: 1541370195765.jpg (458x545, 53K)

Call an ambulance

Attached: 1540063092984.jpg (620x345, 65K)

thanks for your keypass generated password my friend

get the KEF LSX

>$4600 per speaker is reasonable for normal salary

naw, kef is shit

user?...u there?

audiophool lifestyle garbage

found one for $460. I'm sure it's good but fuck that.

Say that you are going to own them for 10 years, that's only $960/year or $80/month on your hobby.
Audio has been my primary hobby for over 15 years now, I use my system for hours every day and I value it over any of my other possessions. So for a person like me, it makes total sense to spend a lot of money on Audio.

Attached: stenheim-1171.jpg (2094x1000, 447K)

How did KEF go from one of the most advanced and true brands out there to be a shitty lifestyle brand? I don't believe it.

Attached: Kef-Reference-Model-5-Pair-Rosewood-WBG.jpg (2244x4115, 2.65M)

the active ls50 is pretty good

Nobody is buying speakers on a 10 year payment plan

I mean my tops were about a grand each, my sub was 3700. B system was another couple hundred bucks. I do love this shit, and my hobby has turned into my career but there are still reasonable limits. Anyway, point being i was saying that blowing almost 10 grand on speakers is not 'more than reasonable on an average salary.'

KEF's own measurements don't paint a very nice picture and suggest other models might be better.
KEF is capitalizing on the runaway popularity of the LS50. I would be more puzzled if I did not know other audiophiles.

There are probably some, and some that takes a loan on their house to buy speakers. Most high-end dealers offer payment plans.
But my example was just hypothetical, just like how you can spread the cost of a Windows license over all the thousand hours you use your computer and it will seem reasonable.

youtu.be/oBZxYHjjK-A

Attached: Ultra-SC-_DDD9093.jpg (2000x1331, 262K)

>KEF's own measurements don't paint a very nice picture and suggest other models might be better.
Their products or competitors products? Measurements can be very misleading depending on what methodology is being used.
All you have to do is to read their whitepapers and listen to some interviews and you will understand that they know what they are doing.
Have only heard the R900 and Reference 1&3 of their newer models so I don't have any experience of the LS50.

Attached: faceslim-saved-image-11nov2018235330_1.jpg (720x940, 119K)

because the greedy stock owners want more money and selling lots of cheaper garbage is a easy way to get lots of money.

KEF's own measurements of their own speakers. I see something similar looking over third-party measurements.
I know that KEF/Celestion has clever engineers. I've gone through some of their papers at the AES and I think they can make and have made nice things. But I don't like the LS50.

lol there are much better speakers for less than half of their price

name some you sperg so we can laugh at you

Attached: 8030A-LS50.png (1200x1110, 246K)

How is Klipsch?

Great if you aren't running them off of cheap Chinese trash equipment. Bigger is better. What are you looking at?

Attached: 20170531_211604-2656x1494.jpg (2656x1494, 609K)

I thought people here just posted about him for the replies.

>audio general and audiophile thread
>people posting their m-audios, yamaha ns-10s and mackie monitors

I'm not on Jow Forums very often but just what in the fuck is wrong with this general lmfao

it used to be good but lately its full of lonely males with OCD over one single brand - its like they lost their virginity to a company and now follow them around like a dog who got their first piece of meat

>speaker rattles
>put a shitload of books on top of it
>it doesn't rattle

??

Attached: heidi-bd1.jpg (1430x1080, 1.46M)

People are poor but it's still better than /mu/ setups somehow. Not all here are plebs

Attached: 20160406_164621.jpg (2000x2356, 1.12M)

as you probably know, *nix systems have many different sound backends. What interests me though, is sound module architecture in Windows, are there some documents that show in detail how sound works in win systems, in a manner similar to free os documentation with its extensiveness?

I bet is sounds better than your 10k speakers

Attached: dscn5396.jpg (1200x1600, 250K)

what kind of speakers are in this photo?

not him
>don't know what the pair of dual woofer and horn speakers are
>klipsch heresy
>klipsch cornwall
>klipsch forte ii

I was browsing some holographic tech videos and bumped into this: youtube.com/watch?v=p1y7VSrEGxs

Does anyone know what they're talking about? could it mean that there will be devices that can generate sound without speakers directly in the air?

magical ultrasound shit as far as I can tell. sure, but i don't think it'd be able to play any low frequency sound at all

i like your drawing of an owl.

just bought these badb*ys (HD 569) - please tell me what do we think about this...

Attached: 61pk54NHQwL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 68K)

Any cheaper options than miniDSP for a digital crossover?

it's when lifestyle product have more appeal to mainstream than actual sound like it did in the 80's. think of it cars becoming a niche market because we hover now, the information on what is good and what is bad is simply dissolving as the general interests and information groups dissolve into nothingness

cabinet glue is dissolving due to temperature and humidity changes

that shit has been around for 10 years now but still didn't find any commercial use despite new advertising every year.

these aren't speakers

Attached: 20181020_125125.jpg (3024x4032, 2.61M)

>these aren't speakers

Attached: 17j7na.jpg (540x511, 59K)

>could it mean that there will be devices that can generate sound without speakers directly in the air?

no, it means they utilize ultra sound for bad soundquality ads in your ears while going through a alley of adwalls in shenzhen or newyork

>Treble set to -2
>Bass set to +3

is there a more Patrician config? no.

treble, mid, and bass set to 0

>not setting the power to OFF (0)

fucking causal pleb

10 easily, even 5-6 for studying

it does not really matter how they are because the direct mode will bypass those.

No, the speaker still has to couple to the air to work by nature of what vibrations are.
The claimed result steers the beam so that it has a focal point, like a curved lens to a beam of light.

what impedance of headphones should I look for if I want to use them paired with an AV receiver?
will 80 Ohms suffice or is it too low?

probably the highest possible.

>>don't know what the pair of dual woofer and horn speakers are
klipsch CF-4

They're first version Forte but you wouldn't know without seeing the front or back.

Also correct

I opened my laptop up to replace the thermal paste but I fucked up. When I tried to detach the case I pulled a bit too hard where the 3.5mm port was so after I put it back together I could only hear from 1 side. I tested with multiple headphones/inears. I put my inears into my monitor (benq vg248qe) and the sound quality is way worse and max volume isnt as loud. I was thinking of either getting a cheap dac below 30 euros or just getting an usb to 3.5mm port adapter (not even sure if this will work).

Attached: 1528814267624.jpg (2048x1536, 445K)

>love speakers but have a shitty room
y lyve

Build your own room

well let me just get my hard hat on and build a different house, thanks user, great idea!

Room acoustics and noise control are two different things. Arguably easier to do the former than the latter.
So, suck it up and install panels and multiple subwoofers.

why

just repair the jack?