Anybody else getting to be like this?

Anybody else getting to be like this?

I don't know what the fuck happened one day, i just woke up and thought, fuck me this shit is too bright, so i started applying darkmode to everything, i use Jow Forums Tomorrow theme, i use dark twitch, i use dark youtube, i use dark theme chrome.

Is this because ive sat infront of a PC screen for 20 years and my eyes dont like light anymore or what? it was such a sudden change as well.

Not to mention the rise of dark mode/themes increasing over the years, i'm probably not the only one.

Attached: img_5b636df9e82e0.png (650x300, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

userstyles.org/styles/23516
userstyles.org/styles/141949/adfree-gelbooru-w-dark-theme
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah. these days I put my monitors brightness to 10% and use w10s build in night filter for 12 out of 14 hours.

Dark mode is just easier on the eyes, relies on less blue light than white. Also drastically helps with battery life.
Max brightness without dark mode/bluelight filter literally kills my eyes and gives me headaches. Look after your eyes kids.

Same. It also just looks better.

did you notice our sun in no longer yellow but white?

I did

On OSX I have f.lux set to enable/disable the systemwide dark UI at sunset/up, plus the usual flux white-point shifting. For browsing I use this universal dark theme it works well: userstyles.org/styles/23516

For extreme late night I use darkroom (red on black) mode with Flux on desktop. I used to use this a lot on my iPhone but it required jailbreaking. I can set black-on-red using the accessibility settings but I miss the flux red-on-black.

>f.lux
botnet, but you're using OSX so who cares fag

OSX has the basic functionality built in, but I don't believe it can turn system night mode on/off by itself, and I don't think its blue-light filtering is as sophisticated.

Attached: 1539709261911.jpg (1200x675, 93K)

you kids need to properly calibrate your monitors, if needs be hire someone to calibrate all your household devices, it is worth it

Yeah, then I started sleeping normally and going out, spending time in the sun, and I was like, fuck, I can't see anything when everything is dark.

Attached: white.png (2560x1440, 147K)

>implying cheap, consumer-tier displays 99% of Jow Forums uses can be accurately calibrated in the first place
protip: they can't because they have shit linearity, shit stability, shit uniformity and no writeable LUT

>implying eye strain people complain about has anything to do with mis-calibration
protip: it doesn't. It's caused by cheap W-LED backlight, PWM flickering and, perhaps most imporantly, mismatch between monitor brightness and environment light brightness.

It never ceases to amaze me how fa/g/gots are willing to spend lots of effort and money on researching and buying all kinds of electronics, but when it comes to monitors, they just grab some cheap supermarket and/or "gaymer" junk and then stare at in pitch black darkness of their parents' basement.

yes. blinding blue/white.

there are only shit monitors. even 3k oleds need to be professionally calibrated. the joke is the non existing standard

wtf you have my hostname.

I was like this before i had Lasik.
Since Lasik I bought a new notebook with a very bright IPS screen and I also turn it always up to the max. Also I turn up the lights in my apartment all the time. Even bought new superbright lamps.
So you might ask, what happened and how is this related to Lasik.
With Lasik a 6.5mm diameter of your cornea is getting treated with a laser to reshape it (to flatten it if you are nearsighted like I was).
Now if you have a very large scotopic pupil, the pupil will be reaching over the treatment zone and you will basically see through treated and untreated area at the same time which results in higher order aberrations.
So now I always have to make sure that my pupils are small to see good, otherwise my vision is horrible.
This is why i always have to turn all the lights up.
(If you are interested to learn more, check out this site: lasikcomplications.com/largepupils.htm)
I tried fixing it with scleral lenses and custom fitted RGP lenses but I couldnt let them in the eyes for more than 5 hours, my eyes couldnt handle it.
Darkmodes are now my biggest nightmares because my pupil is huge and the bright fonts are absolutely blurry. If there was only Darkmode I would unironically kms, I couldnt take that for two days.

Attached: 1538222933282.jpg (792x844, 138K)

Between this and actually talking with some people that have had it, I'm so glad I didn't fall for the Lasik meme.

You wanna know where i got the idea from to go for Lasik?
Literally re d dit.
Remember guys: Always do the opposite of what re d dit says. Lasik was by far the worst decision of my life and the only decision I did based on re d dit comments.

Attached: 1540588015630.png (657x527, 341K)

>Also drastically helps with battery life
Only if your laptop has an AMOLED display or something.

I was going to get it done when I was in my early 20s but didn't because I was told I had big pupils and I'd have halos. I did get it done (LASEK technically) in my early 30s, still told I had huge pupils, but after the first year I didn't have any halos / weird night stuff and my vision is fucking amazing now. It took a couple years for my eyes to stop being dry all the time but ~4 later they seem back to normal (I was told before I had super dry eyes which never bothered me before the treatment but sucked especially the two years after)

google has a dark reader addon that makes every page dark. It makes tomorrow them pretty cool too

Good for you. I actually know multiple people on Jow Forums who have the same issues I have. I chat with them on Telegram.
You can find them pretty easily, cause everytime there is a topic regarding refractive surgery on Jow Forums Jow Forums or /sci/ one of them shows up and talks about his problems to stop other people from doing the same mistake.

Attached: 1540569852563.gif (500x281, 924K)

same
take this while we're at it userstyles.org/styles/141949/adfree-gelbooru-w-dark-theme

Attached: a.png (1920x1080, 124K)

looks horrendous
just use burichan and stop being autistic

>I actually know multiple people on Jow Forums

Attached: beran_illustration.jpg (768x432, 59K)

It's probably the best thing I ever did. Not having to deal with glasses/contacts is so liberating. My father also swears it's the best thing he ever did.

They must feel so ashamed to be friends with a frogposter.

Attached: 1530630206995.jpg (1024x792, 615K)

Yeah for some its the best and for some its the worst.
For some people blowfish is the best dish ever, for others its the last dish ever.
I cant recommend it and I can live with the consequences of giving my recommendation not to do it.
Can you live with the consequences of telling someone its the best thing ever and then it turns out it ruins his life? Thats something you have to answer for yourself.

Frogposting is actually a worthwile endeavour.

Attached: toast.png (1000x1000, 177K)

I have a few floaters in my right eye, so reading black text on a white background is infuriating for me. Inverting the colors helps a lot but doesn't fix it totally.

Floaters fucking suck.

My friend was telling me she has to be careful about even rubbing her eyes "the wrong way" lest the flap open back up because it never actually heals completely. Also she has dry eyes constantly now. Total nightmare. You have my sympathies.

Then get LASEK (where they literally shape the surface). It's what soldiers and pilots and stuff get. The short-term recovery is a bitch but once it's healed up it's literally good as new.

I do the same OP and I use f.lux.

I have a huge amount of floaters and double vision for some fucking reason and the GP and opthalmologist keep turning me away, so I try to use dark theme because looking at white screens is annoying as shit

Yes, I got severe dry eyes as well. I never had issues with dry eyes before the surgery, i even used to wear my biofinity soft contact lenses for 7 days n nights straight. I had perfectly wet eyes, now I always wake up at night because my eyes are burning.
And the rubbing eyes thing...I used to rub my eyes all the time but I stopped it completely after the surgery because I heared from someone who dislodged the flap by rubbing too much...and they even told me it would regrow back to the rest of the cornea, which is a total lie, because the stromal tissue is made up of dead cells, there is nothing that can regrow (that is the reason a flap is created in the first place, because if you would just laser the surface of the eye, it would regrow, because the cells at the surface are the living epithelial cells).
If I was in the US i would sue the shit out of the clinic I went to, they scammed me in so many ways and completely ignored to inform me of the risks at all, but here in Germany its useless. Germany is only a good state if you are a criminal, not if you are a victim (note: there are more than 20000 open arrest warrants in Germany right now, basically the migrants can do whatever the fuck they want, if they dont murder someone the police isnt looking into it any more, because they dont have the capacity).

They dont shape the surface. They abrade the epithelial cells, then they treat the stromal area just like with lasik, then they let the epithelial regrow over a month. Also its not as good as new because the Bowman layer is removed forever.
The risks for dry eyes and higher order aberrations are just as high as with Lasik.
Seriously if you dont know what you are talking about, just shut the fuck up already.

Attached: serveimage.png (1250x867, 286K)

Who fucking cares what they do it works.

Wearing contacts surely does damage to your eyes so, and even glasses will probably cause your eyes to lose mobility since you don't have peripheral vision (also nice for avoiding car/motorcycle accidents)

>Who fucking cares what they do it works.
Yeah, that is what I thought before my surgery, unfortunately I was wrong.

Attached: meh.png (326x326, 171K)

>turns one handicap in for another
braindead frogposter

How long since you had it? For the first year everything at night had a glowy' ethereal sorta' look, but that went away. Dry eyes also went away after about two years.

If only we could all be as enlightened as you, non-frogposter

Attached: hecutemirror.jpg (600x600, 303K)

3 years ago

Attached: deranged.png (509x411, 18K)

Have you done psychedelics? LSD and psilocybin?

sorry for calling you braindead. you actually seem to know your shit. I also live in germany and also have horrible experiences with doctors on other topics. they just seem to get away with this shit constantly. not explaining shit properly about risks etc. when I was young I got my upper right leg broken in school by another kid. they had to use steel inside the leg to fix it. many years later I had a time where I woke up in the night having pain. after some months passed the pain went away but from that time on my lower right leg parts feel numb.

another time I went to the doctor to get something for my faces acne. he prescribed me some kind of standard acid, but didn't tell me shit about what it was or what the risks could be. there is a chance to be alergic against it, which I was. I had put it on before going to bed and woke up in pain from my faces skin being so dry it peeled off. since that day I have a chemically burned forehead that looks like that of a 80 year old.

I could have sued the school, the hospital and the doctor for millions if I had lived in america. but in the leading EU country you get the middlefinger. fuck free healthcare I would unironically have been better off without any help from these so called "doctors"

forgot to say, the operation on the leg probably caused permanent nerv damage and that is why I woke up in pain and have a numb feeling now

I feel you, bro.
I was raised by parents who trust noone more than doctors, so I trusted doctors as well.
Then I had a Steissbeinfistel (jeep disease) and went to the doctor, he told me that they would cut out a piece of flesh out of my ass and it would need 6 or more months to heal. I said I didnt want to do that, so he said "If you dont do it, your shit will come out of the Fistel".
I was scared - wait for the bad pun - shitless.
I did a bit of research on the internet and found a Klinik in Gelsenkirchen who uses the newer method of doing the surgery (pit picking invented by John Bascom).
I drove there and it was a matter of minutes and the wound healed in two weeks.
This was the first time I was really glad to not just listen to my doctor and do my own research. If only I would have done some research regarding Lasik before I went to the clinic...I would live a different life.
When i was younger I laughed about the natural medicine crowd, I thought they were wackos..I dont do this anymore. In most cases they are right.

Doctors are basically useless. What you need is a medic (or EMT), a cutter (surgeon), a pharmacist, a decent nurse, and an experienced tech for X-ray/MRI/etc machines. Doctors are no better than Google at being diagnosticians and are just gatekeepers for the medical practicioners that matter. Everything else is superfluous. Might as well manage your own care.

I definitely learned my lessons with doctors. never to trust one straight away and always do extensive research before making the call.

I remember another story which seems similar to yours. My brother went to a doctor to get some things checked. the doc told him one of his values was absurdly high (over 1000 the normal value) and to get more information on what the issue was he suggested to cut a part of his arms muscle out. fucking abysmal to say something like that with a straight face. the high value wasn't lifethreatning at all and he just went the fuck out of there and continued since then without any issues.

It gives a shitty feeling when unqualified people like that are allowed to practice as doctors, and even worse if you can't sue them for it.