Data Mining Without Our Informed Consent is Absolutely Disgusting

why was this violation of our rights not stopped, and why do we put up with it?

are we really so unempowered and apathetic?

what does this say about them, and us?

Attached: 905.png (837x626, 1.21M)

for example; are you okay with corporations making millions off your intellectual property, but get upset if a random screencaps your internet post for non-profit?

why is google allowed to mine our private mail? in the real world it's illegal to open other people's mail - for example.

and yet they do it without consequence.

do we even have a future as an intelligent specie if we don't care what these people do to us?

I think not. when tyranny is allowed to this extent there can only be one consequence.

data mining has no terrible consequences only slightly uncomfortable ones

You've almost certainly agreed to have your data mined whenever you click on the majority of sites.

Is this bait?

you're not appalled that at the most fundamental level, you are being outright exploited? are they allowed to do that with 13 year old minors?

no
unless you're a pedophile nothing bad is going to happen to you

>our
>lumping me into your group without my consent
How could you.

there's one company that is not mentioned in any TOS I have seen. not informed consent.

>nothing bad is going to happen to you

there are intellectual property laws that cant be wiped away by the deluded magic of corrupt agreements. u don't find this level of exploitation harmful?

also, if I am drugged without consent but nothing bad happens, does that make it right, or have my rights been violated?

what are you talking about? are my browsing habits my intellectual property now?

I'm not really being exploited because nobody takes anything from me by logging my internet activity

data mining : especially across public networks containing your intellectual property.

browsing habit spying is also despicable but that's not what this is about.

data mining is when they specifically find what you have posted online and use it to get insights to better market their products and make money from advertising.

it is direct exploitation where you do not receive any financial benefit from their profits.

Here's Why That's A Good Thing:

Observing someone's behaviour isn't exploitation. If I overhear someone on the street talking about how they didn't like the new product I released for X reason and I gain some insight from that I haven't exploited them

if you relentlessly stalk them and they don't know you, not only are you a stalker, but your profiting from their intellect in any way shape or form without that informed consent is very bad. there are laws in place for these things but they delight themselves in loopholes provided by networks who think their TOS agreements are somehow perfectly non-corrupt.

Bad analogy, you've given your consent to be followed.

>your profiting from their intellect in any way shape or form without that informed consent is very bad
as I already said, hearing what others say isn't exploitation, an invasion of privacy maybe but you'd have to be delusional if you think anything data mined from you is worth a fraction of a cent

>data mined from you is worth a fraction of a cent

billions of dollars actually. facebook for example makes two-thirds of its quarterly profits from exactly that.

delusional is knowing this and calling it passive and legal.

I mean you personally, the individual you. You aren't a collective of people. Your personal data is worth jack shit. Go as Mark Zuckerberg for a dollar

are u deliberately being absurd? stalking is stalking.

its amazing people actually excuse it.

>You aren't a collective of people

WE are a collective of people and our rights are being violated point blank. if you only care about yourself ur part of the problem I guess.

you aren't we
collectivism is for morons

My contention is that this isn't stalking.

are human rights for morons too? intellectual property rights?

please don't argue in such an absurd and petty way that does not address the topic.

of course it is. again, arguing this as if to defend it - the very leeching off your property without your informed consent for their profit and u get nothing? please.

do you really need another analogy to understand what rights violations are?

Im not sure how anyone would steal my intellectual properly via data mining seeing I don't upload it for the public to see, most people don't even create anything so they don't HAVE intellectual property

>of course it is
How is it? To stay within your analogy, you've explicitly given your consent to be followed. The distinguishing feature of stalking is lack of consent.

your public posts across any public network are your intellectual property.

Recording something that's been made public isn't a violation of intellectual property rights

>you've explicitly given your consent to be followed

no we have not? as I already said, these data miners are not made know to us when we come online, sign up to a public network. they are not mentioned in the TOS. they are backdoor parasites who stalk us and literally steal what we say for their own benefit.

if i write book and u steal it and make money off it i'll see u in court. no difference.

Recording something that's been made public isn't stealing

If the government burnt sewage to generate power would you demand reembursement every time you took a shit? Your data is worth nothing on its own, unlike a book you write

You only need to tell you that they'll be giving your data to 3rd parties, which is in all the TOS that you'll agree to.

are u impaired? serious question.

when someone PROFITS from what they steal from you without consent it is illegal.

'recording' without consent is also not admissible in court as evidence last time I checked because it is not legal it is called spying and stalking.

let it sink in.

It's not stealing, it's recording
if someone made money off recording you performing in public and selling that recording, you would have a case
if someone made money off filming a crowd with you in it, you wouldn't

>to 3rd parties, which is in all the TOS that you'll agree to.

they do not say those parties profit from it, nor what their agenda is = not informed consent

they don't even mention their company names. disgusting.

>google allowed to mine our private mail

What the fuck? Obviously it’s on their servers, but no ones actually reading it or scanning it for keywords, right?

>if someone made money off recording you performing in public and selling that recording, you would have a case

right, and there's no way it can be justified without informed consent what do you not understand about this

do you actually enjoyed being spied on by strangers whose agenda is not disclosed to you.

That's not what informed consent is lmao. You could argue that it should be, but it currently isn't. All that's required for you to give your informed consent is for the service you're using to inform you that your data will be anonymised then passed onto third parties.

absolutely they are.

I don't care if I'm being spied on because it doesn't actually affect my life
People should be informed of it of course, ultimately it makes little difference

>All that's required for you to give your informed consent is for the service you're using to inform you that your data will be anonymised then passed onto third parties.

as I said - these are corrupt terms of agreement because they do not disclose the relevant information to qualify as informed consent.

I'm pretty sure they admitted their AI was reading people's email to learn how to suggest pre-written answers

>People should be informed of it of course

right. and the fact we are not is a violation of our rights and you are fine with this.

But what you're arguing for isn't informed consent, it's more like informed consent +. Like I said you can argue that what is informed consent should be informed consent +, but that doesn't change the fact that it isn't.

I don't care
would it be any less intrusive if someone logged your emails if they told you first?
not really

>But what you're arguing for isn't informed consent

yes it is because u were told what these companies are really doing with your data you might choose not to give your consent

but you are not told this = not informed consent because the full information has not been disclosed for you to make an educated decision

they offer vague terms only as all scams do.

maybe ur just apathetic and lack self respect I don't know but your mindset does not do our rights any favors.

Am writing a paper on browser fingerprinting.
Thanks for the arguing, gonna steal some of this.

and a scam. right across the board. hopefully this discussion has clarified exactly what is going on. I am in a different time zone and must sleep so I ask you to consider earlier comments in this thread if you wish to continue.

goodnight.

Caring about shit that doesn't effect you that you can't change is the sign of a true tool who can be manipulated by others

night

grow up

TAKE AWAY THE NSA FUNDING
NO PRIVACY, NO MONEY
NO PRIVACY, NO MONEY
NO PRIVACY, NO MONEY
NO PRIVACY, NO MONEY

Attached: use GPL, ensure your tech remains free.png (1000x1545, 226K)

Holy shit... So this is the power of being an NPC

yeah man fight the power start some internet protests, you'll make a difference, you certainly aren't an NPC

>Warning: dissent detected
>Initiate sequence: encourage conformity

What can the "common people" do to avoid being so explicitly fuck in the ass by, let's say, google? Legit question. What should I suggest my father, my sister and so on to do in order to achieve such?

Are you an idiot? Ever wondered how you get those automatic google calendar notifications on your phone whenever you book a flight?

>that doesn't effect you

it does effect us and very directly.

why do you lie down and allow these violations of our rights?

and the law?

conformity on Jow Forums is being paranoid acting like the nsa and cia are out to get you
I'm being radically non-conformist by even suggesting you stop caring

please name one way data mining directly effects me
I'd settle for indirectly too

>>Warning: dissent detected>Initiate sequence:

they even have algorithms that do exactly this

there has never been a more detailed and intimate rape than what 'big tek' have been doing for years now..

we are literally gang-raped by data miners every single day and the way they operate has been approved or at the very least disregarded

by the united states government.

>please name one way data mining directly effects meI'd settle for indirectly too

you are literally to much of the problem to indulge

you understand neither rights nor the law.

lmao
so you can't think of one
I didn't know I had the right not to be spied on

"oh u drugged me with some feel good without my informed consent? doesn't matter. didn't effect me."

rights violated, law broken, self-interested schmuck does nothing and contributes to dysfunction and insanity worldwide

starts a #metoo campaign on twitter years later for heinous crimes they were too inept to deal with at the time.

everyone is effected by the oversight because all over the world ransoms started drugging others without consent because no one did anything to stop it.

ever notice they don't mention internet stuff in political campaigns? there is no "I will make sure your rights are not violated online" from any politician

its like a totally unaddressed area and governments DO have the power to stop this psychopathic assault from happening.

you can't think of a single way it actually effects anyone personally so you repeat the same braindead slogans that sound like you have a double digit IQ and have been smoking too much weed

slave labor and sketchy mines made the machines we all use, user.

"transgender toilets and gay sex in school curriculums is what we support but if u get buttfucked by strangers who profit from the shit they pull out well we cant help you there even though they're mostly american companies."

government.

>slave labor and sketchy mines

"doesn't effect me don't care." - self-interested apathetic NPC literally who at the root of solution blocks progress with complicit violations of rights and the law.

sucks to be you.

It doesn't effect anyone unless you're breaking the law, it's also almost impossible to stop now that the technology exists even with government intervention

>it's also almost impossible to stop

no it isn't? they make laws to stop it like everything else.

"oh well we cant stop that brain eating serial killer now may as well just let it happen"

or do they send a fucking swat team

and its not just data-mining for good reasons like trying to get an insight into how people are going so they can be helped

it is for sheer profit and exploitation

billions of dollars and ur content with a scrappy piece of socially engineered cyberspace as payment?

voluntary slaves of the worst kind.

they are doing this to 13 year olds too and that's a real line crosser. the handicapped, the poor, the homeless, the sick

everyone is buttfucked by these gimps.

>no it isn't? they make laws to stop it like everything else.
yeah lets make a law against drugs
nobody will use them
data mining is so easy to do and so hard to catch that stopping it is practically impossible

twitter especially > totally scam TOS - vaguest of terms at best - non-disclosure - minors cant gve informed consent anyway unless their parent or lawyer check it over

data-miners churning out data 24-7 using automators on people who have absolutely no idea this is happening

actors who get paid millions a movie being brain picked for fucking free by nerdy nobodies at Microsoft who have zero talent at anything more than parasitic behaviour

if anything it show how easily conned we are, scammed outright and the worst kind don't care because as long as they're getting likes they don't mind if their kids are being spied on by Microsoft geeks who jerk off to their sister in the shower

it is mindblowing how bad it is in every respect and the fact our rights have been stripped and not a single government did a thing to stop it means they're all complicit and should be upended from every seat of power over others.

This logic makes no sense. Making drugs illegal has certainly stopped profit from it outside of the cartels. You make this illegal for big business and the number of people affected is massive. Of course dissidents and other people targeted by the government would still be data mined. That's not what we're talking about.

twitter sells KEYS to data miners, literally lets them in the back door to thieve our intellectual property. they're so psychotic they actually think its okay.

>This logic makes no sense. Making drugs illegal has certainly stopped profit from it outside of the cartels
banning drugs did not stop people taking drugs and it CREATED the fucking drug cartels. You should try developing some intelligence before having opinions on things
I'd like to see you enforce a data collection ban on businesses

Lol we are all cattle to our System. only Kekistanians may free themselves from their shackles

>I'd like to see you enforce a data collection ban on businesses

who are GIVEN access by facebook and twitter so they can all make billions of dollars on advertising while you get fuck all except mark Zuckerberg's mental illness spun as a social network.

totally fucking ethical and i'm sure those 13 year olds legally gave uninformed consent.

I don't consider it ethical
and as I have already pointed out
your personal share of this data is worth less than a cent
learn to think, you're an embarrassment

>you're an embarrassment

13 year olds cannot give informed consent

ur a self-interested asswit mate.

the government has records of your birth
you didnt consent to that either

I'll throw this question out there: Why did everyone forget about snowden?

The same reason no one is doing anything about privacy in the first place. The world is filled with "Nothing to hide, nothing to fear" and "It doesn't affect me" fallacy spewers, and thus the few that haven't forgotten have a hard time fighting for what is right. It's tiring being told you're a terrorist for the 100th time. It's the same with other issues: if it doesn't bite them in the ass, they won't budge. They'll cry and scream at those who few who do budge though, because they feel their everyday is endangered.

it's literally illegal by laws that currently exist.

network TOS are all scams because they do not fully disclose

also 'selling data' : when twitter sells keys to data miners they are doing just that.

> nodexlgraphgallery.org < illegal.

So we're being mined, what can be done about it. Not use their services is a start. Is there anything more?

>Not use their services is a start

yes, and appeal to gov to ensure our rights are not violated by scam TOS and that children's rights as per the UNESCO declaration are not violated

these companies should also be charged accordingly to the full extent of the law in the same context as a citizen would for gross child exploitation and scam practices.

minors cannot give informed consent without permission from parent or guardian.

also, our contracts with social networks are null and void and all intellectual property to be returned to the original rights holder - we the user, and our data to be deleted from their bases.

scam contracts are illegal and no longer binding.

>what is consent

data miners profiting from our property with no compensation to us should also be held accountable for exploitation and solicited theft.

It confirms my suspicions that the majority of the human population are idiots and mindless drones. The NPC meme personified.

consent is when you agree : informed consent is when you know what you are consenting to. scam TOS do not disclose the relevant information to give informed consent. consent given is under false pretense and therefore a scam.

Unironically if I ever go on a shooting spree it won't be some school or club like those normies but rather big data mining companies that invade people's privacy and this does not limit to known brands such as facebook, google, microsoft. Literally shoot up that place for good.

Attached: 1492519959206.png (600x564, 295K)