"Simple Gallery" no longer maintained; free upgrade to pro expires in 1 day

Holy shit man. I just randomly checked F-Droid for updates manually, and it updated Simple Gallery, but it says it's no longer maintained, but the pro is free for only ONE MORE DAY.

medium.com/@tibbi/some-simple-mobile-tools-apps-are-becoming-paid-d053268f0fb2

When opening the app after updating it provides a link to the above. I know there were probably countless threads on this already, but I just searched "simple" on the catalog and didn't see any right now, so here you go. I literally would've missed this were I not randomly bored enough to manually update F-Droid.

Attached: unnamed.png (512x512, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nudegirls4u.com/masked-queen-no-025/
twitter.com/natsuiromatsuri/status/1059989673794138113
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=60094967
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thanks for the tip. bumping your thread.
I installed the pro since its free just in case but i'll jump ship for another gallery whenever I see an occasion.

This guy made a lot of apps. As far as I see, "simple file manager" is also changing to a paid version.
Simple calendar does not seem to do so I guess

I installed all the pro apps, thanks for the info lad

Is there proof that the Fdroid one won't be updated? The app is still Foss and will still get commits on the GitHub. No reason why the Fdroid version isn't just pulling from the repo and building automatically.

How to get pro for free?

It's free right now, grab it while you can.

There are so many better apps that are on f-droid than these template apps. I'm all for developers being paid but ffs these aren't even good, and everything is orange because why the fuck not:

>Gallery
Camera Roll
>FM
Ghost Commander, Amaze, Dir etc.
>Calculator
Million AOSP clones on f-droid
>Launcher
No point in even arguing here.
>Notes
Same as calculator

Just don't fucking bother.

It's currently free at the moment. It's in play store though.

If I install and remove it does it remain in my account?

yes

>and everything is orange because why the fuck not:
Have you actually used them?
Also, I dislike this policy as someone who's bought a "simple thank you" to support open-source developers.

Attached: Screenshot_20181111-145846.png (1080x1920, 46K)

Is Camera Roll really better? I thought I tried it before but it felt barebones so I uninstalled it.

At the moment I only really use
-brightness controls on images+ video
-looping video
-"extended details" over the image if the menu is visible, which you can toggle to tell you the resolution or not, etc.
-rotate by device rotation, to override system setting

A complaint I have with Simple Gallery is when opening an image from your home screen, it blinds you with white during the downtime. Also the zoom is shit- it doesn't automatically zoom to 100% when double-tapping, nor does it tell you what % zoom you're at. If an image viewer had looping videos, and brightness control for both image and video, it'd be extremely fair though.

>New versions of the apps will be eventually published on f-droid too. They will technically be new apps there aswell, so you will have to download them again, not just somehow update.
They'll be "updated" too. What I don't know is if they'll be free or not. Anyone knows if F-droid allows paid apps?

The F-Droid versions will keep updating. I assume the irritiation here is that the guy just published the same free version with "this app will be paid" notice to both Google Play and F-Droid

Attached: waterfox_2018-11-11_15-04-08.png (874x174, 36K)

i bought the simple thanks. I don't see any problem pays for a good software.

Is there a lightweight gallery app where you can rotate the picture with the rotation gesture? Quickpic is botnet.

You can get save apk's off f droid I believe so just do that and keep it

Ask the developer this fag is getting paid now!

>The F-Droid versions will keep updating.
I was lied to, then.
>Quickpic is botnet.
There's actually a download to a signed version 4.5.2 you can download- supposedly it's the last good version of it. I have it installed since Simple Gallery was annoying when moving images with duplicate filenames.

Attached: Untitled.png (1280x800, 228K)

thanks OP, claimed all the pro stuff from the play store

Post that tummy.

For some reason the latest free and pro versions from play store crash for me, the build from fdroid works fine.

Also, the package name was changed (com.simplemobiletools.gallery.pro), so you'll have to eventually reinstall from F-Droid too I guess

Chink phone only works with botnet!
Yes it seems like the developer likes to take pride in taking money!

nudegirls4u.com/masked-queen-no-025/
twitter.com/natsuiromatsuri/status/1059989673794138113
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=60094967

It doesn't have any play services dependencies, I even lucky patched it to be sure.

meant to quote

Try reading the article you linked instead of posting FUD and nsfw screenshots.

It's easier to have the same package name retard. You are still getting it for free from Fdroid or from GitHub. I'm glad the Google play store faggots have to pay for it soon.

So delete the post and quote the right person dumbass

You see it anyway so what does it matter to anyone.

Bump much thanks.

Thanks for the notice OP. This thread needs more visibility.

Anyone knows if he'll charge for the new versions in f-droid?
>animated
Nice.

Attached: 1539646506793.png (597x800, 408K)

>technology forum
>most active thread is about an image viewing app
what in the fuck

Attached: confused.gif (236x224, 1.89M)

you should see the irfanview threads

Fuck I just bought the shitty thank you app a few days ago. Fuck off with your paywalls.

not compatible with my 2nd phone (kitka
t). rip

Did I do good?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-11-12-53-57.png (1080x1920, 385K)

>file manager
dir seems good?
>calculator
just use stock
>gallery
im using simple gallery still
>notes
retro text editor

any thing else?

So, he's still maintaining them only for the pro? How do I get them on F-droid?

they are all still maintained, just not for free on Google Play anymore

you can still get up-to-date version from F-Droid or from Github (releases tabs on the repos)

>no longer maintained
does it work?
yes.
then it doesn't need to be fucking maintained you dumb fuck

Attached: 1524787283123.png (645x773, 7K)

>the people not reading the article
Fuck off.
>the people not understanding it
Fuck off too.
>will the pro apps be free on f-droid
Yes.
So much fucking stupidity in this thread.