I'm back from apple store...

I'm back from apple store. I've been fucking with macbook air for good 30min and need to say mojave os and retina display are amazing. But fucking keyboard and price ruins it all. I'm thinking about doing lenovo x1/ vm mojave combo.

Attached: macos-10-14-mojave-dark-mode.jpg (782x482, 66K)

Just hackintosh your laptop

>complains about macbook price
>buys x1

Attached: 1507988389888.jpg (609x575, 46K)

When it breaks they will tell you to fuck off and buy a new one.

You should of got a Thinkpad x1 yoga.

>Retina display
It's literally just a normal display with a slightly bigger PPI

Attached: 1534110163236.png (1280x720, 397K)

>revolting apple trampstamp on the back
>garbage new keyboard
>below average specs

>not buying a xiaomi notebook in 2018

In my case the only person who could repair my shit like rossmann group is 500km away.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

>choice between chinese spyware or american spyware

i’ll take american, thanks

I'll take chinese, I don't think they can read english properly and I doubt they'll be kicking my door down any time soon. Also you've probably got chinese spyware in yours too, everyfuckingthing is made in china and possibly riddled with it.

wow greats arguments, chongster
ZZZZZZZZZzzzz

don't you need a specific wifi card for internet to work

ive tried macbooks at apple store also.

keys on keyboard buttons looks too damn big, anyone agree?

They fucking ruined the keyboard and trackpad by making the keys too shallow and making the trackpad so big that it needs tons of palm rejection. MacBook trackpads were already big prior to 2016, now they just look stupid. It'd be one thing if it were that size for stylus use but it doesn't support them.

>mac VM
lol enjoy your wonderful user experience, heterosexual OP!

"There’s reports of WiFi not working well. In this event, you need to replace the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 with the Broadcom BCM943602BAED."

yes

Use ethernet cable like a proper human

The trackpad is that big because it's intended to be easily accessible and ergonomic. It minimizes movement and prevents bending the wrist like you would do on small ass trackpads.

what a fucking joke. Your thumb naturally extends to the center of the trackpad anyway. It's a strawman issue they invented just so they could pretend to defeat it.

It's literally a 16:10 1440p screen. The$4000 MBP with memebar has an 1800P screen. There are ultrabooks with better screens.

>mobile device
>with a static connection
kinda defeats the purpose

guess which one is going to perform better.

the macbook

>using your thumb as a pointing device

Fucking mouthbreather

macOS runs like crap on a VM because there's no GPU acceleration. If you're on Linux and you have two GPUs (Intel and NVidia) you can use PCI passthrough and get good performance.

Is there any reason to get the new Air over the non-touchbar MBP? It's only like $100 more but far faster. Are you giving up anything besides the fingerprint reader?

Agree. I've used both a pre-USB-C 13" MBP at work and the new one, and the new one's keyboard is garbage by comparison, and the trackpad's got so big that it's gotten worse (since you can't help but register unintended touches). The previous model's trackpad was already as wide as your fingers can span so I can't imagine what the advantage of even larger was supposed to be. Total lack of I/O also sucks on the new one.

Basically, just track down an older one from back when they were good. They're no slower at anything day-to-day, and you can even put your own SSD in them.

This is tempting.

Can you get, say, one of those Xiaomi's with an Nvidia GPU, run Linux as a host OS you never actually use using the iGPU, and then run OSX on it using the dGPU? I assume battery life would be shit, but everything else should work without issue?

Does it actually use nvidia as it's main gpu or is that optimus shit? If later it wouldn't work

Both are assembled by poor wage slaves in some East Asian shithole.
Both may very well have some secret Chinese backdoors.

How it feels to put your penis inside a computer?