DigitalWrite(5, HIGH);

>digitalWrite(5, HIGH);
Multimeter reports 0V

>digitalWrite(5, LOW);
Multimeter reports 4.5V

What

Attached: device20_1000_1.jpg (650x650, 50K)

Clock skew

>what is resistance

connect it to the positive side dumbass

you got chinked

lrn2 ttl

well, was the pin pull-up or pull-down?

OUTPUT

No use, brainlet doesn't understand what a pull up/pull down resistor is

This isn't about INPUT, retard.

Output can be pull-down

Attached: 1joc8h.png (400x325, 188K)

install gentoo

>Output can be pull-down

AVRs like the nano in OP's pic are driven high or low using transistors.

Its called active low.

Attached: yMNXQ1BXKya1EQN4FdbBRC3R.jpg (1078x1600, 125K)

read the two sentences. this is for the chip in OP's nano

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-11_15-36-07.png (960x234, 40K)

>read the two sentences

derp. "last two"

doesn't say if its active low or high. The diagram I gave is just to convey the idea of what it is; I know that they don't use resistors like that on the output. Looking at the ATmega328 datasheet, it doesn't seem that it is active low, but I could be looking at the wrong chip.

Attached: Capture.png (864x683, 76K)

"symmetrical drive characteristics" would mean active high and active low to me. "both high sink and source capability" likewise.

All I know is that I've used AVRs for years, and they drive the output line high or low without any difficulty, and can sink or source current.

I'm done here. You can have the last word.

Looks like everyone ITT knows even less about Arduino than OP. Classic Jow Forums - Consumer devices.

Attached: 1511212357641.jpg (768x768, 40K)

Most likely occurrence is that OP doesn't know what he is doing.

Arduino is a consumer device.

Yeah this tends to happen when your reference is 5V instead of GND
You very likely fucked up

lrn2 read

likely true

Active low just means that an outputted high logic level is actually a low voltage on the pin. I.e., what OP is reporting. You can have both high sink and source current with either active low or high.

Clicked wrong post.

Show us a pic of the wires hooked up. You probably fucked something up.

>requires soldering and wiring
>consumer device

lel

>>requires soldering
No.
Arduino is microcontrollers dumbed down to Raspberry Pi levels. They're consumer devices.

What wires? You check directly on the board.

epic haxxer knows arduino

Maybe you're measuring wrong. You sure you're measuring the pin against ground and not against the 5V pin or some shit?

If you want to check for the two states it's irrelevant whether you measure on 5V or GND.

OP is describing an active low or a board that isn't active low.

Nothing can explain that except OP is holding out on some useful information. Is he measuring on the board directly? Is it actually a arduino nano? Is he measuring on a peripheral device that might have active low?

stay tuned next week for "how retarded can Jow Forums be and still think their opinion matters"

/someone who doesn't know enough about this to be doing like the rest of this thread, and declaring it must be one reason or another