This is ui design perfection. prove me wrong

>dull earthy colors soothe the iris
>no "artistic" white space
>no minimalist material design shit
>function over form

Attached: Windows Default.png (1024x768, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

maxxdesktop.arcadedaydream.com/Indy-Releases/Installers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, but this is.

Attached: 3.1.png (800x601, 12K)

Attached: ad9c9fce-a0ce-46d7-9737-bc49c45716ba.jpg (448x256, 30K)

Based and redpilled

Checked

>before microsoft was poo'd windows had simple grey design
>poo'd microsoft makes windows into big blocky bars of shit color and icon spam

You forgot to mention that it isn't design for mobile shit and touch gestures

pleb

Attached: sgi.png (1920x1200, 138K)

what is this? how do i get this?

XP's default UI is better

God tier

Windows reached it's UI peak with XP. It's a complete mess today.

OSX is of course the GOAT.

>quickmeme.com

Attached: 428.jpg (878x814, 56K)

It's not just Microsoft and not just Poos.
Wayland and GNOME idiots are undermining X11 all the time - what used to be simple, native controls are now 32MiB PNGs at 16K resolution.

It's the "Motif" window manager, which is part of the "Common Desktop Environment" (CDE).

This was one of the first commercial Unix / Linux Desktop Environments ever made, originally since 1989 I think.

Attached: Debian_Motif_MWM_Default.png (1024x768, 41K)

>having every single pic that ever might come to mind saved
that's why /pcbg/ needs 3TB HDDs on top of the SSD

I have to agree, though I like the Win98 subtle changes to this UI the best. Wish we could still have such a UI without mods that break with every windows update.

Your icons are different.

looks like twm

Truely, the most blessed design

just install xfeces and chicago98

SGI's IRIX Interactive Desktop. It ran on SGI's IRIS Unix (IRIX) operating system in the 90s and early 2000s. It was the best user interface ever created. You can get in on x86-64 Linux distros in the form of the MaXX Interactive Desktop. It's not as complete and there aren't many Motif apps for Linux, so you'll need to use a GTK theme to make Gnome apps look like SGI's enhanced widgets. I'm working on one now.

Pic related is what MaXX looks like running on Devuan. The terminal is ROXTerm which is built on GTK2. It's using my theme for the scroll bar.

maxxdesktop.arcadedaydream.com/Indy-Releases/Installers/

SGI did use MWM but it's heavily modified and rebranded as 4Dwm. CDE is an entirely different desktop (also available for Linux and IRIX) that used the basic Motif widgets. SGI Motif Widgets give you cool shit like scroll wheels and stuff.

Attached: 1541722273652.png (1280x1024, 123K)

where are you posting your themes user?

I don't have the GTK theme uploaded anywhere. I already linked to the desktop installer itself. The GTK theme I have now has no GTK3+ support and it needs work.

i don't want, its actually pretty gud( linux user)

This does not seems attractive to children and women in general so they changed.
Nowaday people prefer fashion over function/science.
btw, I like this design, in fact I used to uninstall XP and install 95/98/2000 to have this theme as default back then.
I only changed to XP when it absolutely necessary, even then I still use this theme.

Ah nice, never knew that. These SGI machines are super interesting, especially since no one has found a reliable way to emulate them.

>especially since no one has found a reliable way to emulate them
There are emulators for the Indy and O2 I think. The main issues right now are incomplete SCSI emulation, no graphics support at all, and PROM dumps haven't been picked apart thoroughly enough to figure out exactly what it does.

make a gitlab then pls
I'd love to use your final work

Why is this desktop making me hungry?

Alright. I've got tomorrow off so I'll get working on this again.

I love Win9x design. There's something about its simplicity and austerity that feels different from any other OS I've seen. And nowadays, when everything is rounded glass, you kinda miss it. They don't make 'em like they used to.

Plan9 is The One

Attached: linuxemu-moz.png (1280x1024, 61K)

Claustrophobia

its what i still use at work

For me it's CDE

Plan9 would be good if they just copied an early Windows or MacOS GUI instead of using that hideous Rio shit.

mmmmm - trap manager

>9 May 1945
Absolutely based