Rarely see Crux brought up when mentioning distributions, and was thinking about installing. What are your thoughts...

Rarely see Crux brought up when mentioning distributions, and was thinking about installing. What are your thoughts? What am I in for?

Attached: cruxlogo.png (262x68, 9K)

if you depend on wifi, you're in for a disaster. couldn't install it because the install media doesn't include any fucking drivers/modules

I can install using ethernet and get wifi running post install.

bump

pmub

How? What exactly did you install?

Is super simple to make and maintain your own ports (packages) so if you need something not in the normal repos you can add it yourself.

To be fair crux is designed for a fairly “elite” crowd, it doesn’t make concessions for the kind of people who might benefit from a more common distro like Ubuntu or arch B-)

I’m a member of the crux community for 7+ months now so as you can imagine i don’t have a lot of time for other distros or the kinds of people who use them lol

I think you should install Q4OS instead.

Attached: snapshot1.png (1366x768, 692K)

Gentoo but less automation. Its package manager is a shitty ports implementation.

lspci -nn
look for the device labelled "Network controller"
copy that 4-character code on the very right
search on google "LKDDb "
take the thing that says "CONFIG_SOMETHING_SOMETHING"
and put it in your /usr/src/linux/.config as "CONFIG_SOMETHING_SOMETHING=m" and recompile your kernel
reboot and modprobe the driver.

Thanks buddy

you dont need to install anything to get ethernet working

I asked for wifi

Attached: CRUX.png (726x366, 9K)

I usually look through fingers when someone says open source can't make good logos. But this penguin looks retarded.

Attached: 1540574517588.png (1000x1044, 29K)

>someone had to make that draw
How does that makes you feel?

That someone who made that drawing has lewd thoughts.
I saved it, because this image marks time when Linux foundation adopted CoC
I'm sure it will be useful one day and I'll get many Yous.
In this context, it's just a bad drawing, just like retarded penguin of Crux.

>being this edgy
Careful kid, you can cut yourself

This, right here, is a perfect example of autism.

You can automate CRUX, you know that? There are even some programs to manage multiple servers.

I you could choose a new mascot for CRUX, what would that be? I choose this.

Attached: 169396.png (567x567, 196K)

""Elite"" doesn't mean "whoops haha fuck you, can't use a laptop now, good luck using the desktop that's 30 feet away from your modem"

>1rst

Literates not welcome

Just look at it. And honestly tell me, that he isn't Private of Madagascar Penguins.

Lets make pepe the new logo for CRUX

Attached: 1485217882218.jpg (500x500, 49K)