52 without RTX & DLSS and counting

>52 days since launch without RTX or DLSS and counting.
How are you enjoying your Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti GPU's fanboys? Are you enjoying the less than 30% gains at twice the price of a now defunct - and overpriced due to demand and no longer being manufactured - GTX 1080 Ti?
Not to mention those failed GPU's crashing all over the place.
Hows that Raytracing and DLSS going for you?

You wanted AMD to fail and now you see what happens when there is no competition since you only wanted AMD to compete so you could buy an Nvidia GPU cheaply instead. Well tough titty. You reap what you sow.

>But Microsoft Windows 10 is to blame for the delay!

Fuck the lot of you.

Attached: NVIDIA_RTX_2080_Ti_Series_In_Stock_Tracker_-_NowInStock.net_-_2018-11-11_17.46.15.jpg (609x1234, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U93IV8vv5EU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Enjoying it quite a bit, the 2080ti is a significant boost over the 1080ti, even the 2080 out performs the 1080ti, as expected. Oh and Redshift isn't even optimized for Turing yet. Turing's lead will only grow over time.

Attached: NVIDIA-GeForce-and-Quadro-Performance-Redshift-680x451.png (680x451, 113K)

Well I am sure if you don't have an issue with money then that's perfectly fine. But for MOST of the population it is well out of their reach. I hope Nvidia continue pricing their GPU's well above what most people wish to pay as it will only drive them to team red as Pascal stocks dry up.

a 2080ti is not twice the cost of a 1080ti. It costs more than a new gen usually does and yeah that sucks but until there are viable OpenCL alternatives to CUDA only applications I am stuck with Nvidia. While I would love to pay less for GPU's I don't find the price of the 2080ti to be prohibitively high. I want AMD to succeed I really do, but the product they make just isn't viable at the high end, it literally does not work for what I need it to.

Take another look at the chart I posted, even the 2070 edges out the 1080ti. Who knows, maybe next years gaymes will show similar performance to what those of us doing GPU rendering are seeing.

Well those who buy high end will most likely pay the premium.

Perhaps I should have worded it differently.

How about 'How are you enjoying your 1070 successor for $200 more?'.

Regardless the new GPU's overly expensive for most people and Nvidia are Jewing everyone by forcing them to 'upgrade' to a two year old Pascal if they have not already or continue to WAIT!

AMD needs to say FUCK the high end and just produce a decent midrange GPU at a fair price. Hopefully Navi gives 1080+ levels of performance for a bargain price. Most people could not give a shit about RTX and DLSS right now. Maybe in a couple of years or so.

PS5 and the next X box could be mighty tempting with 4K at 60 FPS.

>Well those who buy high end will most likely pay the premium.

Absolutely we will. It is far easier to come by more money than it is to come by more time.

Turing is worst and best GPU
best
New architecture,new ISA full async for Graphics,IA and compute.
worst
No games full usage this gen
High price
Half baked drivers

Buying first-gen GPUs with a new programmable feature set for that new feature has always been and will always be stupid.

Just like with tessellation, by the time enough software titles pick up the feature to be meaningful, a second or third card gen with the new feature will be needed to play new games at acceptable framerates, and early adopters for the first-gen cards get basically nothing.

Buying a 2080/Ti for performance of current and very near future games is legit, but the concern is that Nvidia inflates prices by hyping features that they pretty much know will not be useful for the people buying those particular prices. Anybody who is buying a 2080 Ti is probably also somebody who can and will buy the 3080 Ti/4080 Ti that will actually run RTX/DLSS shit competently, but if you're just borderline able to afford one and expect to be good to go for the next 3 years of gaming, be prepared for disappointment.

I'm going to start a daily 'x days and counting' meme on missing RTX and DLSS titles.

Only metro exodus will had RTX in 22 feb 2019
But inferior version.

>implying the cards will live for that long

Attached: g34jg4dvekw11.jpg (425x320, 41K)

>OpenCL alternatives to CUDA
there are via HIP but as far as i know many companies are still refusing to use a opencl path as paraller as amd for whatever reason

lol you want RTX and DLSS NOW?

ahahahahahahaha

they can't even write a new driver that works with BenQ monitors...
youtube.com/watch?v=U93IV8vv5EU

>new ISA full async for Graphics,IA and compute.
So they finally caught up with AMD's 2013 GCN v1 architecture...

~Just a spoonful of saaalt help the jealousy go down, jealousy go dooown~

>52 days and still too poor to buy an RTX 2080 Ti: the thread

Only if GCN had good scheduler and geometric primitives

GCN ISA is pretty damn clean.
Where it falls short is fixed-function (geometry/raster) capacity, plus maybe maybe super-dense fp16 if that's your thing.

Shall we count the number of days without primitive shaders next?

Over 400 days
Days AMD GPU match top tier NVIDIA
Over 1500 days

This, the 2080Ti can't even hold 60fps at 1080p in current-gen games with mild implementations of RTX, this shit is gonna be like the Geforce 6800 was by the time games started seriously using Shader Model 3.0.