What's Wrong With Zoomers?

We have recently hired a new batch of staff an among them are a couple of zoomers.

This generation is supposed to be the most technical, yet they seem unable to with with anything non-GUI or different from an icons interface, have a break-down when it is suggested they read a computer manual, and do not seem to comprehend that in a production IT environment ("five nines" service reliability) you cannot just finger-splodge your way through tasks and investigations without a plan 1st, nor can you ever acceptable to "just try things out" on such systems.

WTF is wrong with zoomers?

Attached: eikvms1.jpg (592x399, 46K)

Zoomers grew up in a post-DOS world and never had to type command lines or open command prompts.

I loved working in command line, when I taught myself AutoCAD I taught myself the command lines and found it was faster to just type it in than go digging for functions in menus and toolbars on a triple display system

>We have recently hired a new batch of staff an among them are a couple of zoomers.
Zoomers are currently 18-20 years old, how could they possibly have the relevant college degrees?

You're just larping OP.

"Oh hey we just hired a bunch of staff who are not qualified for the job."

Why were they even hired then? Makes me wonder who the real retards are in this situation.

lol we take 'em from school and train them up. That is, if they are capable of being trained.

>This generation is supposed to be the most technical

No, that's Generation X and Generation Y.

Please give me a job

>making up reasons to be hateful
What happened?

>Zoomers are currently 18-20 years old, how could they possibly have the relevant college degrees?
I didn't know about linux until 2006, when I went to the university.
I didn't know about programming until 2006 until I had to take cs101.
Do you know why?
Because my father is a plumber, my mother a tailor so I didn't have anyone to teach me those things. We didn't have internet at our house back then, so the only thing I did with my computer was to play games.
12 years ff, my only OS is debian testing, I work on fpgas and I regret the fact that I didn't have any way of getting this kind of info.
Zoomers have internet at least since 10yo, when I got my first computer in 2000 when I was 12. There's no excuse for someone to be 20 years old, be into tech stuff and be illiterate beyond what android and ios does.
You must be an idiot to have all that info available and not use it.

even though zoomers grew up with the internet, most of them have never been bothered with how tech works because it "just werks".

I heard your father was a gambling man down in new orleans

I-Is being born in 1995 a zoomer?

Attached: 015.png (434x327, 55K)

Cutoff is 96 so your safe.

kek

>I didn't know about linux until 2006, when I went to the university.
And zoomers were born in 2006. That gives you a head start with about 15-20 years.

Oh nice so its not that my normies are exceptionally stupid... i whiped out bash in school once and since that day everybody thinks im some kind of hacker...

Millennials are worse than baby boomers when it comes to tech literacy.

/Millennial who works in tech support

>and do not seem to comprehend that in a production IT environment ("five nines" service reliability) you cannot just finger-splodge your way through tasks and investigations without a plan 1st, nor can you ever acceptable to "just try things out" on such systems.
Military doesn't understand this either.

Idk man, guess you'll just have to teach them how to do shit right instead of fucking complaining about rookies being rookies on a cambodian cave painting aggregator forum

Basically As a zoomer myself who has often had to help my peers with tech shit, shit like Apple products not only allow but encourage tech illiteracy. It's a huge pain in the ass to deal with.

they grew up with smart phones and tablets, they aren't technical

>zoomers are being hired
>be a boomer
>still no job

Fuck

And by far the worst is the girls who for some reason take pride in not knowing how to use fucking email.

It's not even funny how many times I had to help others send an email.

To zoomers being good with technology is being able to navigate the user friendly idiot proof mass market consumer electronics that their grandparents struggle with.

>tfw zoomer and getting bad reputation because of techno-illiterate tards

Attached: Sad pepe.jpg (125x118, 2K)

Upboated

2000 born zoomer here. Speaking for myself, I think I try to find the greatest amount of shortcuts possible. In High School my peers and I used automatic problem solvers online to do a minimal amount of work on math homework and made use of summary websites that did literary analysis for you so all you need to do is paraphrase and regurgitate things from a book you never read. In my opinion, cheating is rampant in education of anyone post after 2000, and a lack of discipline and internet is to blame. While I try to stray away from cheating now, I will admit that I would have never passed High School had I not cheated. In relation to technology we grew up around social media and many of my peers had facebook as early as age 8, and began to heavily use instagram, and later snapchat in 2012 and 2015 respectively. To solve problems we would look up youtube tutorials and loathed reading any technical manual because our attention spans (the average of zoomer population) have been lowered due to instant gratification in video games and approval farming from social media. Not all zoomers are like this, but I have suffered from discipline problems myself, and while I mostly blame myself, I believe growing up around these might have a little influence on the discipline problem for a sizable amount of my generation.

Thank fuck

These issues aren't exclusive to zoomers. People said the same shit about young people 10 years ago. It's an experience issue.

>blames society for personal shortcomings

as long as you work past these faults, user, life will become better

>This generation is supposed to be the most technical
That's Gen X

>WTF is wrong with zoomers?
Dude, fucking look at what they grow up with. Touchscreen crap, windows 7+ etc.

>not taught pre-zoomer tech
>first job will always teach them relevant skills
>OP complaining that zoomers currently learning a skill should already know said skill

This is the biggest waah post I've seen on Jow Forums.
I've had some mixed dealing with "zoomers", but mostly fine. We recently had a grad that had only been taught basic 8051 assembly, and he was fresh to linux, we're preemptively migrating to risc-v and a few other niche things he needed to learn. The dude copped it, but we didn't "bloody" him on it.

Granted he wasn't a cuck like you're describing, but fucking lol at OP for wah'ing about employees who are learning.

Attached: biggestwinger.png (615x567, 127K)

Just have them play interactive fiction and then they’ll understand the command line.

>lol we take 'em from school and train them up.
>"WTF is wrong with zoomers? Why don't they know everything yet?"

old people think that they know about technology. they are really just shitposting on social medias on their phones that dont even have adblockers installed.

Stop being stupid, it's just the people in your area that's retarded. I'm borderline zoomer and Ive had to do CAD work with commandline and even used many programs without gui.

Attached: 5j3s6ss0e9px.jpg (620x413, 72K)

Lmao my dad was a lawyer and my mom is in medical shut the fuck up. If you wanted to be in tech, you figured it out.

>t. zooooommmm

Attached: 2410E22F395D4278AA82A215598B5FD7.jpg (614x521, 154K)

They're not and you haven't read the studies on zoomers. Tech is actually dumbing down to be more user friendly.

Attached: 1538850244929.png (1327x864, 224K)

imagine being retarded enough to hire zoomers for this tier work in the first place.

Attached: 1530318230014.png (380x349, 56K)

but will there be enough people in the future that actually understands how those things work

not everyone is a privileged trust fund baby like you. some people can't even get their hands on good technology to learn.

I don't think much has really changed in regard to competence and ability, there are still just as many competent people as before. What has happened is that smartphones, tablets and other babby friendly devices have opened the flood gates for dregs to now use tech where as before they never would have due to a technical barrier. Things that use to require more in depth knowledge to use can now be down with simple one-click solutions without any understanding off how it works whatsoever. Will this lead to some kind of general dumbing down of future generations where no one understands how the any of the technology they depend on works and that their is no one left to fix it when it fails? It's possible but that is a very extreme and unlikely scenario, something easy to believe if you're wholly pessimistic.

I assume because everything is being developed so the user doesn't have to know anything about the inner workings. In fact nowadays companies don't want us tampering with shit. I bet when cars started becoming popular people had a great interest in every aspect of it, but flash forward 100 years and we just use them to drive from point a to b and don't give a fuck how it actually does it.

This, gen-z is the Social gen. gen-y is a mix of both gen-x and gen-z.