Wind Energy

I made this prototype of wind energy and I want some opinions from experts or just people who know more about this topic.

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2018-11-11 at 6.00.32 PM.jpg (871x1280, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorlov_helical_turbine
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_axis_wind_turbine
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looks kewl, would probably net a lot of money on kickstarter or something.

Like this?
en.wikipedia . org/wiki/Gorlov_helical_turbine

You can post links, ya dumm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorlov_helical_turbine

It's a lot easier to manufacture traditional fan style turbines and iirc they're also more efficient with higher wind speeds.

(I am OP)

Thanks, I have a guy who is interested in investing in this, but I have to convince him, so I want some interesting opinions.

Heard vertical windmills are less efficient but I can't find refs for it while on phone. What are you using it for?

If the engines are side-by-side shouldn't they be mirrored instead of translated, or do you plan to stack many at a time?

(I am OP)
It is true, but this prototype is for the home and cheaper, so the problem is the slow wind, but if you put it on the roof of your house, you would have a wind circle to take advantage of it better.

Yeah it would work well
Also take a look here en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_axis_wind_turbine

Just make a soppy concept art video about easy access to free energy for poor people with starving children and how much cheaper and effective your fictional product is, good luck.

I want to stack many at a time with the gears

THIS

here in my country I know there will be a law that says self-sustaining energy will be more valued than the energy that affects the world, so if I pay to build this in each home, they can get electricity for free and if they produce more energy than Consuming, The rest of the money will go to me from the electric company

>stack a bunch with gears
>back of a napkin """design"""
>git rich quik idea
so you have no clue what you are doing and don't even realize that this already patented and has been attempted before
just in a slightly less brain dead fashion. maybe you should finish an engineering degree before attempting to design energy generation systems?

Is there a practical way to DIY a wind energy generator for actual use?

nice work weon, are you looking for lucas?

Where are the equations? Simulations? Or do you just think it looks cool?

/sci/ would be better 4 this desu

They'd rip him to shreds before someone derails the thread with remarks about IQ.

Thank you for your efforts. I will make sure you get your share.

lol you drew helical gears and some swastika looking things going through them, are you autistic?
back to r/mildlyautistic

>OP thinks this is unique
lmao

This is a pencil sharpener

>motor
>engine
so you are using power to create wind? Doesn't seem very useful OP

>drawing by hand
noob faggot

small wind turbines are worse than useless

is residential/backyard/home wind power worthless since efficiency, height, noise, and stupid regulations are an issue?

Your design lose the advantage of vertical axis turbines that can handle wind from all directions. In your case you would have to rotate the entire structure to face the wind.

Very low cross section per material spent.

Standard wind turbunes are more efficient.
Only advantage of this type of design is that the direction of the wind dosent matter, wich you dont have since you want to place it in some gay housing.

Someone came up with this like 8 years ago. It's less efficient but works well if the wind is constantly changing direction. It cannot handle high speed wind. (Reciting from memory)

Attached: 100w-12v-24v-vertical-axis-maglev-wind-turbine.jpg (1200x1635, 123K)