Are APC UPS good?

Attached: 91kXFEux-yL._SL1500_[1].jpg (1218x1500, 364K)

no they are shit and bad reputation company and no one in enterprise environment uses those

Source? My company uses and has a support contract for the rackmounted versions. We haven't had much trouble with them.

>bad reputation
Did they get bought out? Their reputation seemed pretty good 10+ years ago.

Nevermind, I figured it out.

Go home, you are drunk... and gay... and retarded.

ha ha ha
NO

lmao look at the retard and laugh

Attached: 1472590029361.gif (347x336, 126K)

APCs are almost exclusively used in enterprise.

what does this shitbox even do?
i have one in my office and i use it as a foot-rest lls

I have 2, one for my main PC and one for my low power router, cable modem and NAS.

Both work great. Had to replace the battery (not super expensive) in one after like 8 years of service.

If your power goes out, or if your input voltage falls below a set figure, it switches your PC and monitors over to battery power.

generally they last 10-20 minutes for a full PC setup.

It's meant to allow you to turn off your electronics safely in a full power outage, or to keep your devices from turning off and potentially being damaged during a quick power flicker, or irregular low/high input voltage which can be damaging to more sensitive electronics.

sounds like snake oil for almost all office devices
like thinkpads and dell monitors are gonna fry over a spasm in the grid or something lls

depends what you're doing.

Many modern services auto save to the cloud so having things on UPS's isn't nearly as critical as it would have been in the late 90's or early-mid 2000s.

>being able to safely save your work and power down your devices during an outage
>snake oil

full retard

>live in US privatized hell hole
>have to buy UPS and surge protector because executive bonuses are more important than providing the service you're subsidized with tax dollars to provide
What's it like to live in a country where you're tax dollars aren't pissed away to build missiles and bail out bankers?

I bought one from costco for $80 that can keep a 3d printer running for almost 3 hours during a power outage.

not snake oil.
just overkill for use with a modern desktop computer these days unless its mission critical that your computer not shut down during power outages. most modern pc programs save your progress every few clicks anyways.

microsoft office has auto-save and auto-recover
like i said -- snake oil for most office settings

i can understand using these for more advanced hardware, but i see these in most offices i visit where its dual monitor + desktop/laptop and from what yall are saying its complete overkill

based foot-rest

pretty good imo, i used the 700VA for about 6years before it needing a battery replacement, i then upgraded to the 950VA (that exact one you posted).
I live out in the countryside and get noise/backouts/power cuts all the time.
Mine powers:
>1080ti, 8700k, 16gb, 4 SSDs
>30" monitor, 27" monitor and a Cintiq 13HD graphics tablets
>broadband router

gets about 9-13 minutes, as pictured.. Good UPS, does the job and their cheap... Not much else to it

Attached: Untitled.jpg (861x637, 126K)

why these are cheaper than the cyberpower ups?

It's not just a overpriced surge protector it also provides brownout protection. Think of it as a electricity condom for your $2000-4000 worth of electronics that it's connected to. And if your shit DOES somehow get fried with it all the non shit ups manufacturers will pay up to $25-100k after you prove their ups failed.

>brownout protection
This. Years ago I had an APC UPS, when the battery died I went without one for a couple years. Brownouts would cause my HD to somehow lose the SATA driver and wouldn't boot until it was restored from a thumb drive. Have a CyberPower UPS now and it's been fine so far.

Yes.

Source: me, member of SMT1000 master race

they're the best simply because they have a user replaceable battery. if you can get a good deal on one, take it. otherwise go cheap with a cyberpower

APC has built-in software support for many systems.

sometimes the rack mounted ones explode and catch fire

APCs are in the rack at work, at most PCs at work, and in my ManCave at home.I picked up a cheap CyberPower for use at home too and it's fine.

Tripp-lite a shit.

pure sine vs. alternatives?

haha what? They are great.

So does basically every other vendor. They're generic interfaces

pure sine for modern PSUs and computers you aren't sure about. Could be interesting use case for audio.
whatever garbage you can pick up for the rest of the shit that doesn't matter.

>imaging living in a third world country where you have such a shit power grid with constant spikes and floating frequency, you need a power line conditioner

seriously tho, those mini UPS alone are useless
our printing machines would suck them dry within a second
we have a failover power line and a gasolin generator, because stopping those machines is costly and time consuming
same with servers. the read heads tend to fuse to the disks in those 24/7/365 hard disks when they cool off.
a UPS like pic is for workstations to save progress at best

Attached: TRUMPLAND.png (895x649, 313K)

that why you buy a real ups, and allow you to run till the backup gen kicks in.

I don't live in the third world and only have a power outage once every 12 years or so. Why would i need one of those overheating, explosive shitboxes for my server and PC?

Attached: 1511720235617.png (273x296, 75K)

thanks, i have almost the same pc setup as yours

Can you be 100 percent confident you are getting non fluctuating voltages?

What paradise are you lving in where your powerlines aren't subject to ice or earthquacke damage?

based, PM me the fix

Europe, the last earthquake waslittle more than a tremor and that was 10 years ago, last time there was a multi-day power outage in a range of 200km was when some retard flew a gunship into a powerline.

Attached: 5a0a409ff2679_Kabel_om_radarbol_Foto_StarlifterAP_DOikG6nWsAELWq_.jpg (1600x1066, 271K)

Just get Cyberpower

Don't worry, DIVERSITY is coming to a town near you.

Attached: 1256773054743.jpg (1720x1447, 352K)

Only APC I buy is this B)

Attached: BqiA_VLe_400x400.jpg (387x387, 6K)

There was a 5.8 earthquake in Italy last year.

Only you Euros believe your bull shit.

>>>>All europeans live in italy

Attached: 1541521346667.jpg (211x295, 8K)

yeah man i do all my backend programming in word and all my embedded device programming in excel, works pretty well
thanks microsoft i do not need any UPS at all because blackouts/brownouts never happen

We use them a lot. We use a lot of rack mount along will all consoles and stage racks, and with other processing gear. Also use smaller ones for smaller things. I have one in my room right now, does the job

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 2.58.03 PM.png (458x461, 68K)

>My power never goes out! Why would I ever need a continuity plan!

please never be in charge of anything for anyone important ever

>My Videogames, /d/ image collections and meme-Javascript IDE's are extremely important mister, that why my basement needs a rack full of maintenence-heavy power storage devices that are meant to keep payment system and telephone hubs operational!!

Attached: 1541085016293.gif (600x600, 1.61M)

>a single box that you have to replace the batteries once every 10 years
>maintenence-heavy
kek

This is the retarded mentality that sunk the Titanic.

Sent ;)

Some of us have offices and maintain work places, you know.

APC: Enterprise tier
CyberPower: Home tier
Tripp-Lite: More likely to fail and shut down your device than an actual power outage. pic related.

Attached: 11717379-damaged-condom-with-a-pin-hole-in-it-risky-sex.jpg (450x300, 6K)

buy EATON

Vertiv Liebert if you need actual enterprise grade reliability but you will be paying enterprise dollars. For my stuff at home I use APC. Anything else really isn't worth your time.

guess which brand I decided to buy

Attached: dunce.jpg (584x800, 78K)

I wonder

Attached: 2018-11-12 21_58_56.png (1482x519, 128K)

I have had 0 trouble with mine.

the funny thing is, I posted that at 4pm, left the house at 6pm (as unit was still buzzing), came back at around 8pm and the buzz was gone and the unit is currently not buzzing and is quiet as usual... it really is such a weird issue.. and it's not like the unit is on the brink of failure because I've had it almost a year and the first time it buzzed was within a few weeks of the purchase.. I hear the buzz around once a month (though it may be buzzing beyond my attention when I'm sleeping).. and the unit is powered on for that entire year-long period, power even went out twice and the unit worked as intended.

APC or Liebert whichever you find cheaper for the spec you need

>moving the goal post so much

Had one. Electrical something. UPS go boom. Computer die.

> auto save happens
> blackout happens at the same time
> file was 1/2 way done replacing the old one
> all power gone. File now corrupt and file system needs repair

CyberPower is so fucking expensive.

I'm getting this for my NAS

Attached: APC_smc1500.jpg (1000x1000, 69K)

recently got 2 of those for 2 computers after a computer with lower quality components got beaten to death by brownouts and power surges during the summer. psu, mobo, and ssd needed replacing.

while gaming with an i5-7600k and gtx1080 with 2 monitors i have 40 minutes of energy. 70 when not playing games. hopefully it works.

was wondering if i could use them to turn a pc mobile, to take a computer to a different room without needing to turn it off.

I use an APC voltage regulator for PC+audio gear it's done the job.

That's most likely not how auto saves work, but yeah, you shouldn't trust some auto save feature to protect you from blackouts.

I have that exact model and it's fine, it does the job and you can interface it to your pc with apcupsd. Better than the chink one i had for sure.

How would you go about providing power for a day or two, in a small apartment? Yes, there have been periods of instability and long blackouts in winter when snow pushes trees on the wires.

Tesla Power Wall or a fuck ton of marine batteries.

>7k eurobucks
Fuck that. Anything cheaper?

Troll post.

They're great. I prefer them over anything else.

No, cheapest you can do is build your own marine battery array which will take a fuck ton of space, smell bad, and be a pain to replace.

Yes