My DT 770 pro 250 ohm died just 5 minutes ago after 3.5 years. What do I buy next...

My DT 770 pro 250 ohm died just 5 minutes ago after 3.5 years. What do I buy next? I haven't been keeping up with things, not sure what's good these days.

Attached: 770.jpg (500x500, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Sony-MDR7506-Professional-Diaphragm-Headphone/dp/B07CNQB6KC/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_23_bs_lp_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=99X4BMHRRMRTSA2MS35V&th=1
europe.beyerdynamic.com/service/spare-parts
europe.beyerdynamic.com/catalog/product/view/id/1185/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dt990

Why not buy them again?

How did they die?

HD600

Don't waste money on DT990s or 880s, they are shitty cans.

Died how exactly? Most parts are pretty easy to replace. I'm about to replace the cable for a third time, sure beats having to buy a new set.

amazon.com/Sony-MDR7506-Professional-Diaphragm-Headphone/dp/B07CNQB6KC/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_23_bs_lp_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=99X4BMHRRMRTSA2MS35V&th=1
this?
How do I replace it? If I go to a local store they'll probably overcharge me and do a shitty job.

You can buy the parts directly from Beyerdynamic I think and do the replacement yourself.
What's the problem with the headphones?

>What's the problem with the headphones?
The usual, one side stopped working. Wires started hanging and looks like shit.

Probably just the cable then. Look at: europe.beyerdynamic.com/service/spare-parts
and the cable itself: europe.beyerdynamic.com/catalog/product/view/id/1185/

It's a pretty easy soldering job, and my tip would be to document your disassembly job with photos on your phone. That way it's easy to put back together again.

This... how did you kill a solid state object.

It's always the cable, man.

aids

>beyerdynamic dt died
Open up the cups, and resolder the joints. It's a common as fuck problem.

/thread

You would be amazed at what people manage to somehow break

with my dick

this, same problem i had with my 880

So how did it die anyways?

I've had my DT770s for longer than that and never had any problems with the electronics. Recently had an issue with the sliders cracking. Replacelent parts with shipping ends up being like 1/3 of the replacement cost so I just taped it up. Oh well

be more careful with them you piece of shit. I have 770s and m50's for like 8 years and they look new except the earphones which the fabric is ruined from my fat sweaty head

As breaking cables/solder joints seems to be common, would a replaceable cable mod solve this problem? like installing an aux input?

After 8 years you definitely need to replace the earpads. You probably should've replaced them twice by now if you use them often.
You're disgusting. I bet you don't even wash your earpads.

Most of my problems with the cables have been at the jack-end, so I think that would solve the problem.

Takstar Pro82

unless you spilled liquid on them, the cable is probably what's broken. Perform a dt770 removable cable mod and I'm 90% sure that they'll be working fine again

>HD600
This. I have them and they are really good.

Is the Fostex T50rp MK3 a good option to buy?

fucking zoomers

>oh it broke. better throw it out
>maybe could buy a soldering iron watch a few videos and do the simple fix... learn something
>nah too much work into the trash, consume more shit and shitpost on Jow Forums

Attached: 1537748154968.gif (652x562, 626K)

10/10 post

fidelios

Forget the sony unless you are literally a nigger. Awful sound, artificially boosted bass and weak structure. DT 770 or ATH M50X or go bust.

How the fuck do you break your beyers in 3 years? Most people i know including me have had them for at least 10 years lasting through heavy sessions

I'm fucking COOL LIKE THAT you see.

Meanwhile my senheiser hd518 is still on pristine condition after 5 years ,';^)

Have used 6XX's, 770s and 990s. Can't stand how harsh the highs are on my 990s. It's fucking autistic that I have to set EQ settings for EVERY device that I plug my 990s into. Not sure if it's because they are the 250 Ohm versions and not the 90 Ohm version but they are rarely used anymore.

if you brake headphones in 3years you are a retard and should not buy expensive headphones buy some hyper x cloud 1 or 2s they are made in german factory by beyerdynamic they just ship boxes of the parts to china to be assembled there that's why they say "assembled in china" not made in china.

DT1770

so rewire the cable?
that's the easiest fix.

So how many people here never bother to try getting their expensive broken shit repaired and see it as an opportunity to buy more expensive shit?