>For monitors include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superseded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>FOR GAMING START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make your build to drive it appropriately

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: 1541896477601.png (586x578, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/3qBHQZ
logitech.com/en-us/product/craft?crid=27
logitech.com/en-us/product/mx-anywhere-2s-flow?crid=7
pcpartpicker.com/list/z28k7W
pcpartpicker.com/list/247tHh
extremetech.com/computing/280356-if-youre-planning-to-build-a-pc-youd-best-build-soon
pcpartpicker.com/list/TQjvYT
pcpartpicker.com/list/bQp4jy
pcpartpicker.com/list/w8knCb
pcpartpicker.com/product/yg2rxr/sapphire-radeon-rx-580-8gb-nitro-special-edition-video-card-11265-21-20g
pcpartpicker.com/list/mNR8mq
pcpartpicker.com/product/Yn7CmG/thermaltake-case-ca1d400s1nn00
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Somebody help a retard here
Currently in the process of building a ryzen 5 2600 and 1080 build. Still in the process of picking out a monitor. Would 1440p/4k at 60hz be justifiable over 1440p at 144hz with no gsync? Not exactly willing to fork over for the insane gsync tax.

(Me)
Nevermind that, crashed at 1.35, worked at 1.4V. Now I should be able to test.

GTX 1070ti and 1080 are smack bang in 1440p@60hz territory. If you're aiming for a 1440p@100+hz, then G-sync is pretty well a requirement for most AAA titles with high settings.

pcpartpicker.com/list/3qBHQZ

Any thoughts/suggestions on this build? Will be using it for mostly gaming at 1080p. Also can it handle 1440p?

Hey guys I'm thinking about picking up the Logitech craft keyboard logitech.com/en-us/product/craft?crid=27
and the MX anywhere 2S mouse
logitech.com/en-us/product/mx-anywhere-2s-flow?crid=7
Any thoughts on these?

Get a WD HDD.
Avoid corsair PSUs, get a EVGA G3 PSU.
Yes it can. handle 1440p.

pcpartpicker.com/list/z28k7W
how is this build?

Shit in general.
Avoid intel locked CPUs, get a Ryzen 2600 instead.
Remove the heatsink.
B450 Motherboard.
Faster RAM.

Thoughts?
I already have the hyper 212
might get the msi b450-a pro or msi b450 gaming pro carbon ac instead
Also want to get the corsair 100R instead, but it wasn't on the list

Attached: 52786946527895649928.png (1137x868, 128K)

If you have the adapter to fit it in a AM4 motherboard yes.
GTX 1070Ti should be cheaper and better.

That mobo has a questionable VRM heatsink for extreme 2700X overclocking but should be good enough for a 2600X.

This is kind of a side note but I'm honestly not sure which situations justify X470 boards seeing as how a good deal of the "lower end" X470s have this same problem with shitty VRM heatsinks. Seems to me like if you're going Ryzen 5 anything you're better off just getting a 2600 non-X, giving it a modest OC and pairing it with a B450 Tomahawk/Mortar that has decent enough VRMs to handle it and saving yourself the $90-100 or whatever in the process. IMO Ryzen loses it's value proposition in the midrange once you start overspending on X470 unless you're pairing it with a 2700X. Thoughts?

Attached: 1497495735797.jpg (493x493, 59K)

When was the golden age of pc building? Where everything was cheap and had value and the market was competitive?

Not if you don't want to close down your browser when gaming.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/3qBHQZ
>Any thoughts/suggestions on this build? Will be using it for mostly gaming at 1080p. Also can it handle 1440p?
Monitor?
A lot of people have problems with CXM PSU. Other than that, it looks good.
Same advice as below for monitor.

If you're getting like a 1070Ti or something, 1440p 75hz is usually the better target to go for instead of wasting money on goysync.
A lot of 1440p 60hz monitors can be overclocked to 70-75hz if they don't come that way. It's frankly a huge pain to search for them and figure out which, but they're out there.

For higher refresh rate, you really want to have Freesync/Gsync so you don't get the microstuttering (it often displaying 2 frames in a row, then 1 frame, then 2 in a row. Looks like shit)

Canadian right? Even still that seems like a lot of money for Vega 56. Only maybe worth it if Freesync savings are worth it.

Really, really bad and a complete waste of money.
pcpartpicker.com/list/247tHh Is vastly better *and* cheaper.

1 week ago.

Haswell and Maxwell era.

I know you keep posting this in an effort to try to salvage this Skylake CPU but honestly you're really locking yourself into a PC that you're going to hate within a year or two by building on this platform.

I really want high fps for competitive fps games.
Is freesync worth getting an amd card over nvidia?

I’m currently using a 4820k, but mine is shitty and doesn’t OC that well.

I don’t know whether I should just do a more modern build, or buy a used 4960x instead. Is a 4960x still reasonably competitive with modern CPUs?

If you care about fps then gsync > freesync

The rest of us would rather get freesync because gsync monitor has that 10% tax in them

If you just play games that always run at high FPS and don't play anything locked to 60fps or anything that just simply won't run at high FPS like FO4, GTAV, Dark Souls, etc, then no Freesync isn't necessarily worth it.
Like if you play CSGO, LoL, Dota2, R6 Siege, which will run locked at 144fps on reasonably cheap hardware, it's best to just lock framerate at 144fps on a 144fps monitor.
If you play a mix of games, it's definitely worth it. But Vega jumped in price the past week.
>If you care about fps then gsync > freesync
This is a blatant lie.

Right. It's like someone trying to dump money into an old shitty car. Putting more money than it's worth into it.
A sunk cost fallacy.

>4960x still reasonably competitive with modern CPUs?
Yes. Especially if you have fast RAM.

>If you play a mix of games, it's definitely worth it. But Vega jumped in price the past week.
Yea, I definitely want to play high end games for the first time in my life.
Should I just wait for vega to drop again? the rx 580 doesn't seem like it would be strong enough. To me even 60 fps is shitty in fast paced games

>2.7ghz in 2018
Lol i bet that new pentiums are better than this trash.

Definitely look at Xeon E5 1650 V2, or an E5 1680 V2 if you want to step up to 8 cores/16 threads and make a CPU upgrade worthwhile. The 1650 is basically a Xeon equivalent of a 4960, and usually overclock better on lower voltage than the consumer part. I'm contemplating doing the same thing, going from my old 3930k to one of the mentioned Xeons for the sake of unlocking PCIe 3.0.
Out of curiosity what sort of clockspeed are you managing at a given voltage? My 3930k is daily on [email protected], but is rock solid on [email protected].

extremetech.com/computing/280356-if-youre-planning-to-build-a-pc-youd-best-build-soon

is what this article says true?

No.

New nvidia drivers actually increase your fps FeelsGoodMan
Amdrones on suicide watch

I'm thinking of recycling some of my computer parts into a PC for my mother, the only problem is the motherboard lacks WiFi and the room she uses as her office has no wired connection.

Whats the most reliable USB wi-fi adaptor, or should i just go power line?

Cheeky baitpost, almost got me.

SEETHING

Attached: based.png (1920x1080, 600K)

I second this. Obviously they gimped FPS a couple of patches ago but the recent one bumped me back up really well, especially in Destiny 2. Happy about it

>
&

Any decent pci to m.2 adapters? or are the cheap ones worth?
I don't want to buy a new motherboard just for m.2

Realistically, anyone with Maxwell and Pascal will be fine long term. It's more a matter of Fermi and Kepler being a lousy achetecture which has made them less relevant today than their ATI competitors, which is where a lot of the "Nvidia nerfs their old generations" tripe comes from. It's just their older cards were shit.
In that case you're probably better off with a Vega/1070ti. If you're still monitor shopping, then the Vega/Freesync combination is probably going to make the most sense. I imagine there'll still be Vega sales to come, however since 1070ti stocks are slowly drying up without demand decreasing, I can't see 1070ti' getting any cheaper than they currently are if that's the route you want to go.

Not that user, but I've been having a similar conundrum in regards to 2600 vs 2600X. 2600X requires a motherboard with voltage offset but most of the ones that offer it have shit VRM heatsinks and the good ones are high end expensive ones. If I go 2600, I have to buy a CPU cooler but I can get an actually good motherboard for a decent price in exchange. I'm starting to lean towards the 2600 path now since for a while I've been conflicted in determining which good motherboard to pair a 2600X with

> Obviously they gimped FPS a couple of patches ago
From memory that patch was pulled within the same day. More likely a buggy patch prematurely rolled out as opposed to Jewish tactics.
The thing that really didn't make any sense to me was the claims that Nvidia were nerfing their superceded generation... THAT THEY WERE STILL TRYING TO SELL.

>but I've been having a similar conundrum in regards to 2600 vs 2600X. 2600X requires a motherboard with voltage offset but most of the ones that offer it have shit VRM heatsinks and the good ones are high end expensive ones.
I understand your concern, but the reality is a 6 core Zen+ really doesn't need anything other than a mediocre VRM. Even the small finned alloy heatsink on the Asus B450 Prime is adequate.

pcpartpicker.com/list/TQjvYT
looking for any more input since last thread 404'd

Forgot your motherboard broski, but I imagine you'll be going for one of the MSI Tomahawk/Mortar offerings with a 2600.
>Define R6
Is the only thing I'd change. Unless you've got a library of over half a dozen HDDs, or you're building an over the top custom liquid cooled system, the R6 is a gargantuan waste of space, and waste of money for such a budget build. Otherwise it's a pretty solid price/performance combination.

it's the product unlisted, for some reason PCPP doesn't have the Gaming Pro Carbon

Best 140MM fans?

Why aren't there any cheap AM4 mini-itx motherboards? The baseline is like $100. I just want to stick a 2200g in there

For non-PWM I like Fractal's GP14. I never wanted to overpay for Noctua PWM 140s but I'd imagine they're the best PWM if that's what you want for control.

Ah, fair enough. Weird.
Anyway, for case I'd probably go with something like a Corsair 100R, and maybe put any savings toward upgrading the RX580 to a Vega56. Or maybe an Obsidian 450D if you want something a little less cookie cutter and a bit better airflow.
The Define R6 is an amazingly well finished case that's great to work in, and houses just about anything you could think of in a consumer PC, but it's wasted on a small budget build IMO.

>cheap
>mITX
I don't think there's any dirt cheap mITX boards whether it's AM4, LGA1151 or anything else for that matter.

This. ITX is almost universally more expensive because of how specialized it is.

Looking for any final criticisms on my build before I make the final decision on it:
pcpartpicker.com/list/bQp4jy

Trying to see what is the best deal I can get for a longevity/thermal conscious optimized PC build for 1080p gaming for years to come
Note:
The Ryzen 5 and Asus Motherboard are priced that if I buy them together at Microcenter ($149 and $75 respectively with a $30 build promo). How does this look for $895 after tax?

Also last question, is waiting for black friday/Cyber Monday deals for parts worth? (And if so which of those 2 days should I set aside time for?)

Attached: 81203c74a042649ca53631587522c34ad8320e4b991194bc7671987d443fb620.jpg (650x1000, 119K)

>$300 for a 1060
Dude what are you even doing.

Its $270.

>PC starts crashing (insta-reboot) in games only
>CPU passes stresstest
>GPU crashes when stresstesting over 80c
>it also begins crashing anytime I open anything 3D
>reduce CPU OC to no avail, then remove CMOS battery
All I get is this, a flashing underscore moving across the screen, irrelevant of GPU used (7300GT, GTX1070Ti), CPU used (Xeon X5650/X5680) or RAM sticks used.

My motherboard is dead, right? It's an ASUS P6T SE.

Attached: IMG_20181112_015611.jpg (2736x3648, 1.29M)

Also worth noting, the POST finishes normally just before this starts.

Try Linux in a USB and check if you get a kernel panic.

Still a terrible deal. Step up to a 1070 if you insist on Nvidia and insist on Pascal in late 2018.

Pretty solid build for the most part. I remember others commenting on the other thread that the RX580 is probably the better buy, but you had concerns with thermals/noise. I really can't see that being an issue in the case you've chosen, but otherwise the 1060 6gb is a good card.
Black Friday, I'm not sure if it'll be worth it. You MIGHT see 1060s go on a small sale, and there might be Vega56 options that could creep into your price bracket (although not really required for 60-75hz 1080p, but might be formidable when underclocked and undervolted), but I can't really see you saving anything worthwhile on your current listing.

Alright, thanks for the advice

thinking vertical gpu in matx
doable, a little case modding, riser, foam block to rest card on, but doable

whatchu lot think?

This is a weird PC im making:
Pentium D 925
Jetway G41 mobo
4gb ddr3
aigo 120mm AIO
gainward bliss 8800GT 1gb golden sample
thermaltake 600w smartpower psu
Sama Maxcool case

ordered dual 64gb SSD's, going to run XP

Attached: image0 (4).jpg (4032x3024, 1.85M)

I'm randomly back to working now, after loading my saved profile in the BIOS. Downloading 7300GT drivers right now to check everything out again.

Gorgeous GPU.
>whatchu lot think?
Probably shitthermals/10, Unless your case has a side vent. Please feel free to prove me wrong though, as so far it's a good looking build.

Vega was cheap in most of the world last week and the few weeks prior. It suddenly jumped up this week.

RX580 plays most console port games, and just most games in general, maxed at around 60-70fps or higher.
It does LoL, Dota2, CSGO, Overwatch, and a bunch of others at around 144fps or higher fine at 1080p.

Obviously Vega56 is better. It's like 160-200% the performance of the RX580. But that price is pretty insane.
And yes, since you want to play a mix of games, and don't just play a handful of games that run at 144fps fine, then Freesync *is* worth having.

Doesn't a good one just split the PCIe lane, and nothing else, so all you have to do is follow the traces and see that that makes seense? Or do they have PLX chips? Idk.

Fucking hilarious considering you had Vega56 for $50 more a week ago, plus $140 of game keys you can resell. And 1070Ti for $80 more. You can also get a used 1070 for

>whatchu lot think?
Depends on how hot that GPU actually gets. In that pic looks like plenty of ventilation though. You have me looking at benchmark vids of that Pentium now kek.

i have triple intakes and its a very roomy case for micro atx, even in that position there is still plenty of room for airflow to go by

so far its looking good, ive got cable extensions arriving tuesday, ram heat spreaders and dual 64gb ssd's in the mail

if i do vertical gpu im gonna use a turtlebeach santa cruz sound card, with this mobo if i use the pci slot its going to block the intake on the 8800GT entirely, with the vertical gpu there would be juuuuuust enough room to fit in the santa cruz and cover its green pcb with the riser cable even

Attached: IMG_2897.jpg (4032x3024, 1.66M)

the Pentium D 925 is shit lol, i chose it because of the people who do XP builds, everyone always goes maxed, LGR got a fucking core2extreme and SLI going on and that was super lame
thats also not really XP hardware, that was more vista

i went with the pentium D because i wasnt really intending to play games on the tier of Crysis on here, i was looking more at older Simcity games, oblivion, 18 wheels of steel (i know im retarded, i truck irl), etc

Weird shit
Zotac z77itx wifi
16gb ballistic tactical tracer
Evga 1060sc
Gunique dcdc adapter

Pc would randomly lose display out, GPU fan 100%. But would still be running because YouTube videos and stuff would continue to playing audio like nothing happened.
Removed GPU, haven't had the issue
Reinstall GPU, computer won't even make it to BIOS

any ideas?
Obviously something is fucky about the GPU, but what do y'all think?

hey guys, i have 2x8GB HyperX FURY 2666MHz DDR4 and according to hwinfo they're running at 1333.
is that ok? shouldn't they be running faster?

It's dead, Jim. Pretty sure that's a textbook mode of failure for Nvidia GPUs (blackscreen issues).

its not the GPU most likely, im gonna say its the pcie slot
my z87n board from gigabyte does the same thing with SOME cards, my 970 runs fine in there, but i tried with a 750ti and got some wonderful bright red artifacts and then it crashed and refused to post with the card in there
same with a few others

i have no idea why, nobody has been able to explain it, ive had cards in there that worked fine for weeks and then suddenly it would do that and never work again with that card, card was fine in other pcs

a guess i got from a previous Jow Forums thread was that whatever handles the pcie slots may be dying of autism

I decided to ditch the Intel CPU in and choose a Ryzen one, how is this build?pcpartpicker.com/list/w8knCb

That's normal. DDR stands for "double data rate", so of course hwinfo always displays half the DDR rating.

Change for a smaller mATX case, and change the overpriced GPU.

I'm going for the EVGA 3.0 AC dual fan version specifically for optimal thermals and airflow to assure longevity in the build. I'm not looking to do more than 60FPS guaranteed at 1080p anytime soon, and I'm optimizing this build to last at least 5 years on that notion. That particular 1060 has some of the best airflow and thermals out there and works for what i'm looking at. $270 is a little more than i'd we willing to buy for it, but given that I'd get extremely diminishing returns for a 1070 or higher if i'm staying with with the 1080p monitor.

Yeah RX 580 thermals aren't ideal for longevity especially given most of the builds being poorly designed for airflow. The price for a a similar RX with proper airflow is the same:
pcpartpicker.com/product/yg2rxr/sapphire-radeon-rx-580-8gb-nitro-special-edition-video-card-11265-21-20g
And just by nature of the architecture, AMD GPUs run a degree or so higher, so I'd rather just stick with the Nvidia that will give me the better result for the same cost.

And is cyber monday really just a meme now? I did my last build back in 2011 for what would have been a ~$1200 PC down to a $960 because of the individual discounts on all the pieces. However getting under $250 for the EVGA 1060 would help to keep my build under $850 after taxes, so I think I'll wait before buying right now.
Think I should get the mobo and CPU now for $250 bundled?

Attached: help.jpg (553x674, 85K)

Good evening /djee/
I need a cheap ATX or mATX case with good airflow. aesthetics don't matter at all. any suggestions?

pcpartpicker.com/list/mNR8mq

how cheap? fractal design meshify c mini is the one im using and i love it

Bro, the 1060 is a 2 year old GPU and Pascal is a 2.5 year old architecture. You are going to be sorely disappointed if you think a 1060, 6 GB or not, is going to be relevant for 1080p 60 fps gaming for 5 years. Do whatever you want, just realize that you're actually buying the worst value GPU you could possibly buy new at this particular point in time for what you're trying to achieve. You could get a top of the line 8 GB RX 580 for what you're paying, or maybe even less, that will be relevant longer (undervolt it if you want) or you could get a reasonably priced 1070 that you can underclock, undervolt for better futureproofing for a bit more money.

Take your pick of Meshify models.

absolute low budget tier. can be a cheap 10$ metal cube for all i care about. i just have no idea what's best for airflow and cooling.
yours seems a bit expensive to me, tbqh

Thermaltake Versa H15.
A little cookie cutter, but great air flow, good radiator support (if that's what you're into), 5.25" bay (if that's what you're into) in one of the smallest mATX tower packages. Coolermaster has a couple of nicer finished mATX cases for a small premium too.

is this dumb? i want a set up where its basically one large ass screen, with it split into 4 sections, with a remote desktop session to 3 other computers/laptops, so everything i do is localised to some other machine. one for web browsin, one for media, yadda yadda. the main one being a powerhouse that ill only use for gaymen and running the remote desktops. is this a thing, do people do this?

You really don't need to be going the $260 Nitro to get acceptible thermals, and your doubts of "RX 580 thermals aren't ideal for longevity" are unfounded. The MSI Armour MK2 is a decent card at a pretty good price.

My go to.
pcpartpicker.com/product/Yn7CmG/thermaltake-case-ca1d400s1nn00
I have a small desire to build a dual 240mm radiator custom water cooled system in one.

Attached: 510dlOUd+gL.jpg (500x500, 40K)

alright, thanks. seems like a reasonable price. would you recommend the see-through version or does it have downsides?

Just for fun I want to get a macbook that runs the latest games, which model should I get?

Attached: BAIT.png (1024x1024, 26K)

nice ty user

typical amd poorfag

>typical amd poorfag
Sorry, there's just no way anyone would honestly think the fact that new Nvidia drivers boost FPS is newsworthy unless they're posting ironically.

>would you recommend the see-through version or does it have downsides?
Realistically there's no difference. If you want to see your system, get the window version. If not get the solid. From a noise or thermal perspective there's no difference.

thanks

>ryzen has no igpu
FUCK
HOW DO I TEST IF THE PC WORKS WITHOUT ACTUALLY SEEING IT
ITLL BE WEEKS BEFORE I GET THE GRAPHICS CARD

Find a m8 with a computer you can pinch the GPU from for an hour or so

Christ how do you people drink a glass of water without drowning, you don't even do basic research

I thought CPUs having igpus was the standard, its like researching if a hard drive has a spinning disc in it

>I thought

so you didn't know and didn't check google to make certain about your assumption

Then you admit it's your fault, why did you think AMD sold APUs

2600 w/ b450 tomahawk
Or
2600x w/ x470 taichi or crosshair 7?

Plan to upgrade to zen 2 when it comes out and hopefully keep the same mobo for years down the line

Jesus Christ give him a break, there's no need to bully him.

X470 Prime-Pro for price/performance. One of the cheapest 6 phase VRM AM4 boards.

I've seen the Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L now. Do you think the Thermaltake is better, cooling-wise?

Attached: Cooler_Master_MasterBox_Q300L_07.jpg (1500x1500, 386K)

They're probably much of the muchness. The Coolermaster is definitely a nicer finished case with easier to use dust filters. If the price difference is worth it to you, the Coolermaster is a good option.

Nobody plays competitive games above full HD.

good airflow i would highly recommend my sama maxcool i got for this build its 50$, its massive and has some great features

Attached: 41sRW5JRFbL.jpg (500x375, 28K)

>glass panel
Dropped

>irrelevant opinions
Dropped

>he thinks he has good taste
Dropped