Has anyone here made a web app or anything moderately successful?

Has anyone here made a web app or anything moderately successful?

Attached: grill.jpg (800x534, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

woooosh.reddit.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, my to-do list is really successful. I made it in Laravel(tm) and Ionic(tm).

Poole made Jow Forums and it's successful and he's here.

nope, made a website which had a few users and a mobile game that also only had a few users, but i learned a lot along the way which helps with my job where i develop web apps anyway

Who?

the faggot that made Jow Forums, retard

Attached: laffin.tiff.jpg (457x492, 64K)

i started a website like 2 months ago and already has 7000+ visits, comfy

>web app
Cringe and bluepilled

the joke is people pretend they don't know who chris chan is because he made 4C.

woooosh.reddit.com/ :)

Give me some tips man, I know how to do this shit but I am some sort of fucking turbo-brainlet for worthwhile ideas.

>I know how to do this shit but I am some sort of fucking turbo-brainlet for worthwhile ideas.
you have it backwards, you are putting the horse in front of the car

He just got lucky. It's like that kid dumb as shit who thinks he is a genius for becoming a millionaire because he used his grandma mother to buy bitcoins years ago.

maybe you're making assumptions about his work. Maybe he did put time and effort into his project and people are finding use from it. Maybe you're projecting your failures onto him. Maybe you should ask what his website is about/what it does before jumping to conclusions. :^)

I wrote a bundled AV named after myself.

I made an app that has >400000 downloads. I don’t monetize it and even if I did I’d only make around $4000 a year. I have some new much bigger ideas now, but I lack the capital and motivation to pursue them.

Attached: 8A261041-F379-49DF-91A3-58FBDDE02BF1.jpg (1280x720, 190K)

Do you earn any money?

based

Are you the one I quoted? You too made assumptions... you jumped to the conclusion he is not simply lucky.
Also, I came to this conclusion from this

what you mean app?

desktop app? mobile app?

It’s an iPhone app. It just converts between file formats so its quite simple. Honestly it only became popular because I knew how to abuse app store search feature and had good reviews starting out.

do you still pay $100 a year for apple store?

Yeah lmao. I’ll probably stop it after I get a job though. Or I might just sell it. A few people have tried to aquire it since it is a nice demographic (mainly Adult Americans/Europeans). That’s why it pays to develop on the iPhone and also the tools are nice.

nice. if it were on android it would only 1 time payment of $25

>A few people have tried to aquire it since it is a nice demographic
what do you mean? people emailed you telling that they would like to buy the app and the all the source code?

Professional web dev here. No. I lack the creativity and dedication to make something truly unique, interesting, or complex. I get by on my degree and experience alone.

Yeah I had one guy talk about buying it presumably for the demo or to just stick ads on it or something. I didn’t want to get rid of it at the time, but now I’m kind of regretting that decision. I might just stick ads on it and never look back. 100 dollars a year isn’t that big of a deal I just don’t like having to update it when something breaks.

Made moviemagnet.net was remotely popular, but DCMAs from Google killed traffic in 2016. It's only 2000-3000 visitors a day now.

What's happening to Jow Forums? REEEEEEE

i am directly responsible for the programming socks meme

buord.com

What am i looking at?

Dykes with nose rings for sure haven't done anything successful in CS.

i had a little minecraft site, had 1 bot trying to log into the ssh port every 2 seconds, then on the http server a bot was trying some weird exploit for a framework that i was not even using, check your logs maybe they are bots bro

no I have not. apps are a puerile fad for cheat internet. the fact they integrated this tawdry method into desktops is appalling.

"download the app" < there will come a time in the future when this slogan will be laughed at - and shot at.

Here is the code for my to do list app

#!/bin/bash
exec vim

I made it in bash. It's pretty Neato :^)

Naked browser dev
vanilla music dev (potentially)
FLOENS
nyaa pantsu I guess
tox was doing well for a while, but we don't talk about that anymore
apart from those, I know a lot of genuinely intelligent and talented people that do actually browse this board, which was a little hard to believe at first. I met most of them through irc though

idk man i just had luck i guess, also i was into art when i was younger so i have some taste in web design and color combinations, also, i didnt have a clear idea neither is kind of a blig where i just put my opinions about things and random shit

I wrote some stuff for a popular RuneScape bot.
During its peak, I had something like 10,000 unique users a day.

cute CUTE!

She looks like she has a messy room. A messy room means a messy mind, user.

My best so far is a mobile game with ~2m downloads.