Pine Phone

Thoughts
itsfoss.com/pinebook-kde-smartphone/

Attached: linux-smartphone.png (800x450, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wlzPlDqSl7Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It'll be shit. I'll buy it if it's super cheap (under 120 USD), but the expected specs are 2GB RAM and 16GB storage which is too low for 2019+. If it were 3GB RAM and 32GB storage it'd be much better. It won't even be able to browse or multitask properly. It'll be a literal lagphone.

we'll see but hopefully it won't be a lagphone

>plasma
>on a phone
what?

idk since it's going to be linux it will most likely be able to use other desktops

>KDE Neon is one of those Linux distributions and it seems that this partnership will have some new and exciting ventures in future.
POO
IN
LOO

It's basically a slightly more powerful raspberry pi. They plan on putting KDE on it. It won't end well unless they specifically tune software for their processor.
I don't have the board they'll use so I can't benchmark it to roughly estimate how it will perform compared to a 2015 flagship, but I doubt it will perform well.
Their laptop was a disaster and this phone is just going to be that, but smaller. Which means it will perform worse, so it'll be even more sluggish. You can forget about web browsing or even using IMs without it lagging. It'll just be useful for calls/messages and note taking.

crap i was hoping to escape the botnet without having apple make my asshole the size of a dump truck

Attached: Sad pepe.jpg (125x118, 2K)

pure vaporware it will never ship

Attached: we just don't know.gif (250x251, 1002K)

How is it talking without taking out that corporate cock from your mouth?
>it wont compare to a flagship
Well, is a fucking 100€ phone. No one expects that
>just 2/16 GB arent enough
Again, for that price is more than fair.
>it should be tuned for their processor
That is the purpose of the partnership
>muh android
There is a lot of overhead that thid phone just dont have. It kubuntu can run in the 350MB ram i expect muh better for a customized hardware design

>i r illiderit

Attached: don't hurt yourself.png (213x237, 35K)

This

not true. if it's made half decently (unlike every android version) 2gb is more than enough

Android itself isn't that bloated (stockish android ROM is only 350MB at least for my galaxy S5) It's the OEMs that make android utter dogshit in ram usage

>a phone from the company that made a laptop with a 30 day warranty
That's gonna go real well

Linux doesn’t need that much ram or storage, fag.

Would be cool if I can install something on it besides KDE neon (it's shit)

>touchjizz
>350MB
utter bullshit

Attached: 148810_1415037675415723_1413827304_n.jpg (400x505, 25K)

I have a motorola that runs lineage on similar if not worse hardware. Its absolutely fine. As long as they don't fuck up the software (I half expect them to) it will be fine.

you get an Android phone and use some debotneted Google variant from XDA Developers.

There are thousands of Linux phones. Linux phones make up 80% of all smartphones globally.

AOSP my dude.

youtube.com/watch?v=wlzPlDqSl7Y
I managed to run plasma 5 on my pentium M laptop so i think lag wont be an issue.