I've got no fucking idea why my computer is so slow, there's no reason it should be

I've got no fucking idea why my computer is so slow, there's no reason it should be

Don't get me wrong, it's not really a GREAT computer, in fact it's kinda below average, but christ it's just way slower than it should be

I have a i5-7200U clocked at 2.50 GHz, 8 gigs of ram and a 1 terabyte SSD, should my computer be stuttering with two instances of firefox and foxit PDF reader open? What the fuck is happening? Is it windows 10? Did I somehow fuck up?

Attached: flatwoods monster 2.jpg (640x425, 52K)

My desktop computer is also slow as shit. When I first built it, it was blazing fast and could play anything I wanted. Now it struggles to get 60fps on medium settings. Probably being throttled by (((Microsoft Windows))).
i5 46XX / GTX 1060 / 120gb SSD

Open up task manager and see if something is under heavy load.

>subject in name field

Also
>inb4 using wangblows
Yes. I know it's shit. I like to play weird obscure vidya, and wine generally doesn't work with the weird obscure shit.

>two instances of firefox
considering modern browsers are bigger than some entire OSes, yeah, it's normal.

sorry

>Open up task manager and see if something is under heavy load.
While I would no longer really call myself "Tech literate", I'm still not retarded enough to not check that. Nothing is really out of the ordinary, though god firefox is a resource hog

What browser do you recommend then, cuz I sure ain't fuckin using chrome

internet explorer

netrunner

any actual reccomendations

Congrats user, you are part of a Botnet, nice job retard

Attached: 37372198_1995537713829787_2686597817123733504_n.jpg (552x873, 55K)

>I like to play weird obscure vidya
inbstall windobs seben

But then my friend makes fun of me

it could be:
-shitty SSD
-single channel RAM
-temps
tell us about that.

You should start by disablig windows update services and background tasks that could be screwing your laptop over. Superfetch is a computer killer

Attached: congratulations.gif (241x241, 425K)

> i like to play obscure vidya
> wine doesn't work
you're not trying hard enough
consult with lord gaben for proton if you need some help

wat does that mean

nigga if you can get The Cerebus Expirement or Garage: Bad Dream Adventure working on wine then lemme know

>shitty SSD
I've defragged, wiped and checked over it a couple times, AFAIK there's no problems with it
>single channel RAM
nope
>temps
what. pretend for a second I'm a mentally retarded manchild who recently went through a accident, please explain it to me

> not ascending to the superior platform because of some games

yeah, I need to play me some johnny, Worlds.com, Nancy drew and weird fart fetish games

if the computah is too hot it will start working slower to protect itself from overheating. Too much dust inside a laptop can hurt its performance noticeably. You can use software like CPUID HWmonitor to see exactly how much resources and temps you got going on.
Also your SSD may be workung fne but it may also be a shitty one, run a benchmark with crystaldiskmark and see how fast it really is.

>temps
oh as in temperature, fuck jesus i'm retarded. Temps are certainly a thing, but that's possibly due to me being too lazy, I'll give it a good cleaning.

I'll also check out that crystaldiskmark thing

>ask for advice
>behave like an insecure huffy twat

standard for these threads

just open performance monitor and check what is wrong when the stutter happens

>2.5 GHz

you need at least 3 GHZ for a computer to feel fast. but i bet your ssd is failing, op.

>Intel
Security patches. That's why

to overcome this problem: navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
and add these two dword values, both with a value of "3":
FeatureSettingsOverride
FeatureSettingsOverrideMask

you can thank me later