Must-have Android apps

Share Android apps that are crucial to your experience. Put out a request for apps you wish existed or were better.

Internet browser - Lightning
Stopwatch - Timer
Plain-text editor - Lesser Pad
Storage visualizer - DiskUsage
Forecastie - Weather forecast

Attached: org.pulpdust.lesserpad.38.png (192x192, 8K)

Google Play Store - You can search for a bunch of apps to download here.
Calendar - See name, enough said.
Clock - You can set different time zones, stop watch, timer, and use it as an alarm. Super handy, I don't even have a clock on my nightstand anymore.
Calculator - A nice lil' calculator. You can tap the options in the upper corner, and BOOM, it's a scientific calculator.

Day/Night visualizer - Suntimes
BitTorrent client - Flud
Video player - MX Player
Wikipedia (offline) - Kiwix
Alarm clock - Talalarmo

Attached: 9wztzk9a8rio1incrxtv_400x400.png (400x400, 33K)

I recommended the Yalp store app in place of the Google Play store app. And Etar in place of Calendar.

Attached: com.github.yeriomin.yalpstore.43.png (192x192, 1K)

Nutrition Data
Copied text manager - Clip Stack

I wish there was a good FOSS dictionary app desu. But the Google Play English one is very good.

Attached: 803718467_116521~01.jpg (640x626, 83K)

samsung browser
fx file manager
blokada ad blocker
caustic

Manga reader/downloader: Tachiyomi
Phone posting: Omnichan (I just like the board list better)
Music player: old version of Pulsar before ads

What's the best video player if I'm streaming stuff off my NAS from Solid Explorer? MPV had audio lag when I tried it and I'm not a fan of VLC's app.

any recomendations for free music players? i don't want to download some shady .apk file
being open source is a plus but not a necessity

Always Phonograph

Kiwi browser
FX file explorer
BlackPlayer EX
Material Notes
NewPipe
Mega
Clover
Klwp
Mi Calculator

Attached: images (9).jpg (662x463, 10K)

There are two forks of Phonograph that are better. However personally I'm bored of the interface. It's a shame the appearance can't be modified more heavily.

Credit to the person who can recommended a good YouTube download app on par with Videoder. It recently became a pay-to-use app. So I reluctantly migrated to using NewPipe - which sucks because it won't even allow you to download 1080p video.

>samsung browser
It rustles my jimjams that Samsung browser doesnt support autofill by things like bitwarden :(

Musicolet is pretty good

mx player - best player for android
terminal emulator - for autism
quickpic - best gallery replacement

Has anyone found any well-looking note-taking app that saves its notes in plaintext wherever the user specifies AND renders markdown? I'm trying to sync notes myself but most programs only let you export its notes to some custom JSON formats.

Joplin would have been great if all its files (and subfolders) weren't saved as separate text files with GUID-s as file names...

samsung note too.

Turbo Editor is good for plain text and rich text. I don't know if that's what you are looking for.

Solid explorer - ES replacement, good for streaming from NAS
Fing - Network discovery
Battery log - <
Data monitor - Logs wifi / 4g
JuiceSSH - SSH client
Wifi Analyzer - Wifi stats + ch's
VLC - Playing vidya
Poweramp - Playing music
RD Client - Windows remote desktop

Attached: 1512816437055.jpg (126x126, 9K)

clover is the only one to have thread watching/(You) notifcations and honestly whats the point without those?

>ES replacement
This is a big thing for me. I've been begrudgingly using ES File Explorer for years to cut-paste between SD cards. Use OI File Manager as a secondary. I'll try out Solid Explorer but I'm not a big fan of the graphics or the pay-to-use requirement.

I dropped ES after the bloat and redesign,

Solid is worth the money for me, I just used my google rewards money so it was free

Yes ES is bloated as shit. They introduced ads as well.

Aurora Store instead of Yalp for better design.

Tor browser - Orbot

Here you go : suggestions you haven't seen 1000 times before

Check your local library to see if they have online benefits, I get free accounts for Kanopy movie streaming, Libby audiobooks and Ebooks, Linda.com E-learning (has tutorials on business skills, audio production, programming, whatever the fuck you want basically) Mango Languages for learning new languages, RB Digital magazines, IndieFlix, Acorn TV, it's neat to have choices for streaming free shit that isn't all pirated, and you probably already have a library card

And if you've been getting a ton of ads or saw people shilling lately for meditation apps like Headspace and Calm.com, the US PTSD center recently developed their own completely free app called Mindfulness Coach, save a couple bucks and still get the scientifically proven benefits in your focus and stress