Tfw want to finally upgrade to flatscreen 4k but too poor and have nowhere to put the CRT

>tfw want to finally upgrade to flatscreen 4k but too poor and have nowhere to put the CRT

Attached: IMG_9329.jpg (3264x2448, 1.88M)

>have nowhere to put the CRT
Sell it to /vr/ for $5000

Mount the 4k on the wall so it's higher than the crt

You will get VERY disappointed at the performance of a 4k tv with your gaming gear.

>have nowhere to put the CRT
maybe throw out the pepsi bottles, and the kids toys.

Why the fuck you want to "upgrade" to 4k meme flatscreens. It will make your shit look like actual shit.

because I also like blu rays and 4k masters of old films. right now all i can do is play a bluray letterboxed through component video onto a CRT.
Thats why I cant get a new tv, i'd keep the crt for the games only and have the 4k for watching good films

This. Unless your device outputs 4k or you have a dedicated 4k upscaler you're going to have like 100+ms latency

why do you keep a torch in your living room area

He is the California arsonist. Inform the FBI now!

"regular upscaling" don't add much lag if at all, as it's just a hardware bilinear filtering scaling.
Shit fucks up when we're talking about interlaced composite to progressive digital, because they do all sorts of bizarre predictive reconstruction that requires several of the past frames to perform the shit.
This and the part where the designers of those upscalers are too dumb to know about the 240p video mode, and just treat everything as interlaced with awful results.

Light hookah coals more easily

4k is shit consoles are stuck on 30fps garbage and pc is a overpriced mess for 60fps
Hdr is also a mess and panel tech has stalled since oled which still has burn in.
You ain't missing anything
T. 1080p

Where the hell does this bull come from?
if anything a lower resolution on a 4k TV can make the latency go down

Attached: Screenshot.png (413x657, 75K)

hey I got that same drill but I lost the power supply to it. can you tell me what the power supply voltage output is and which pin is positive which is negative? if possible take a pic
I want to do my own pins to charge it but unsure which are pos / neg and the rated voltage

/comfy/

Merry xmas user

Attached: IMG_2146.png (750x1334, 1.94M)

Thx man, haven't used it in years hopefully the battery heals up. Only taking 10mA currently.

Attached: IMG_20181111_223323.jpg (5312x2988, 2.18M)

its a good screwdriver, and it lasts a while without needing a charge. probably one of my better investments considering how often im taking things apart

yea I got a big 20v drill but I bought this to fit in tight spaces and slow screwing so I don't break delicate things. I have a drawer with all my charges, somehow it went missing a few years ago and I never found it.. someone probably took it for some retarded reason.
I opened it up, looks like it has 1 18650 battery lol could have been charging it easily this whole time, your pic just reminded me I had it, but now I at least can use the built in charger at 9volt

*tears of joy

Bung it in a corner.
These tellies are made for corners you tit!

>crt?
check
>n64?
check
>yellow sunlight?
check

damn. it is like an image from a different timeline

>use "computer" mode
>expect it to behave like a monitor by disabling all the TV bullshit
>input lag is so severe that it feels like you have your mouse connected with a rubber band.
>have to swap from game mode to some other then back to game mode EVERY time the TV starts because it somehow forget that it's still in game mode.

>damn. it is like an image from a different timeline
i'm struggling to find anything indicating the picture is from this side of the millennium

dang dude, id hang out with you man.

Get the cheapest 40" LCD and put it above the CRT on the wall. Keep playing your retroa games on the CRT and use the LCD for everything else. Have the best of both worlds.

desu my old place was much better. rip

Attached: IMG_3968.jpg (3264x2448, 2.8M)

what are you using a blowtorch in your living room for?

grilled cheese

What does "game mode" do? I'm assuming it sacrifices picture quality in some way, otherwise low latency mode would be the default.

Usually it turns picture post-processing (like upscaling) off.

>Couch facing forward
>TV facing diagonally

Fail.

>Not using a superior map gas torch.
But seriously, I have those in kitchen, office, and garage. Every time you've used a lighter or firestarter as a heat source, you've been missing out on patrician-tier fire. Also, makes one hell of a grilled cheese with no dishes.

the other option was to move it in front of the window but then id block the ONLY a/c in the whole place..

Attached: SDC11071.jpg (2048x1536, 1.56M)

Get analog to pci-e adaptor and play in a window from your PC

nice bike

You'll be very happy with 4k screen. I had similar setup to yours and after upgrading I saw things I never knew were there!

>Nowhere to put the CRT
In the garbage.

this living room is straight out of the 90s

Anyone still using a crt computer monitor?

>he is not selling his crt to some degenerate

Posts like this remind me that in spite of everything, there's more to Jow Forums than mindless consumerism. Thanks anons.

Attached: chocolate fountaint f136517824.jpg (365x2514, 136K)

>sitting in front of a literal lead filled x ray gun

I seriously hope none of you are such hipsters.

worse, mine just sits in the corner, I use the top of it as a bookshelf. If anyone in PA wants a 350lb 32" sony, come and get it.

same here poor , bought one flat full hd from a friend who wanted to sell it on the web. just took it over from him.

you just need this

Attached: 235843.5faeee17b7421d87e589c452740d1fd2.1600.jpg (1600x1200, 223K)

what the fuck do you do with this?

Attached: 1541990446548.jpg (1475x1238, 346K)

Plumbing?

controlled burn

Dabs

kek this

I don't think you want to fully replace the CRT, just enjoy 4K blurays and remasters, right?
Just hang the LCD/LED/whatever on the wall, and I hate using the word, but your setup is comfy as fuck. 10/10 would bring pizzas and play Mario Kart with

There's hope for humanity, however faint it may be

Attached: 20120310_EUP501.jpg (595x335, 37K)

>yellow sunlight

Attached: 1516099367826.jpg (720x720, 75K)

my drill is fully working just fyi
IT LIVES ONCE AGAIN!

id love to hang it but its an apartment, landlord would never allow it

but, if any of you guys are i chicago youre welcome to stop by for some drinks and your choice of nintendo or sega games

Blessed or cursed image?

old school

Attached: DSC_1288_l.jpg (2464x1632, 275K)

>that glass table
there's just something about them I can't put my finger on it

The samsung bluray

fucking hipster

>bought a 4k tv when I had money
>screen stopped working over the weekend
>couldn't fix it no matter what I tried
>no money

I've got nothing but my laptop left now. What am I gonna do with my PS4 now?

do whatwith an XBR65x900e for less than $1k

You should enjoy your time-capsule room. Is anything pictured newer than 2000?

>flatscreen

Creme Brulee

WTF does that knob on the wall behind the couch go?

Humility. I like it. I too am extraordinarily humble

its a dimmer you daft wanker

Everything in this pic reminds me of my childhood in the 90s. Its comfy as fuck and also very clean which is nice.

are those technics honeycomb speakers ?

>torch on floor
Youre either a tweaker or a dabber. Either way youre shit.

>gay blue light

Blowin meth pipes

that's what you get, consumerist drone

The blue keeps it cool

I'd stay and maintain that ugly hunk CRT with buzzing sound, the nostalgia is priceless.

P1000s

Attached: SDC10087.jpg (2592x1944, 2.27M)

with that much input lag, you may as well be playing on emulator

>the 90s will never die

?

It's not like the color of the sun has changed in a few decades?

>rug next to front door for shoes

on a scale from 1 to edo, how asian are you?

Ok fags I have that because I was working on my car that summer and there were a ton of rusted bolts so i bought a torch to looses up the bolts

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-13 Samsung - 50 Class - LED - NU6900 Series - 2160p - Smart - 4K UHD TV with HDR. (1018x647, 559K)

0. When I moved in it was brand new carpet and i was worried about fucking it up and getting charged when I moved out so I put a rug down. it was literally carpet from the front door to the kitchen and bedroom so I had to put a runner down too

Attached: IMGP7597.jpg (4288x2848, 473K)

It's for the controlled burns

I love that table.

Its straight from 1990 from the now defunct Wickes Furniture

Yeah I recognize the craftsmanship, my Mom had a good amount of furniture similar to that era. Now the most you can get is shitty chink shit that falls apart if you so much as lean on it.

You think that's an asian thing? Where are you from?

I want to buy nice furniture however moving apatments every few years makes it pointless if I dont own a home, otherwise my nice cabinets etc will just get nicked up on each move.
funny thing, i came across the receipt for that table (and the end table to go with it) $150 in 1990 money so about a $300 cocktail table today. but this one is made of quality wood and smoked glass

With the loss of the gold standard and probably all of our gold reserves our buying power has diminished significantly. It's worth as much as the shit you can buy on amazon.

checked. and thats pretty depressing man

Trump wants to return us to a gold standard but I really do not think he'll either be able to or even if he does if it will ever help at this point because we don't have enough significant amounts of gold to base it on anymore. The pressures of a gold standard which were easily elevated at the time and came naturally with market pressures would be magnified to a lethal amount to our market now thanks to being so far in debt.

so wouldnt that mean that everything has been going to shit since the 70s when the gold standard was removed? I would really like Trump to be able to pull through on that if he could.

i'm happy for you, user

Attached: 1517663258102.png (900x729, 129K)

what, your Sun is not green?

Krypton Sun