How does someone just 'read a lot of books' and just become an engineer?

How does someone just 'read a lot of books' and just become an engineer?

This guy went from coding backend shit for paypal to designing fucking rockets and electric cars in just a few years. How does he do it?

Attached: elon-musk.jpg (968x681, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armadillo_Aerospace
youtu.be/THNPmhBl-8I
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's called making money and hiring people retard

>implying money can't buy knowledge

he also literally majored in physics you double nigger

When you realize that all of life is a game then you just learn the rules to make shit happen. It's not hard, you memorize and put two and two together.

Also, he's not an engineer. He's a technically inclined, narcissistic, financier. He's know enough to know what should be possible but he's not going to go through all of that shit himself, that's what the smart lackeys are for.

He had an engeneering education.
Got lucky with a few original ideas for internet services, got rich, got the idea to try and land the rocket, used the enviromental scam and solar panel subsidies to get the money for SpaceX

>How does someone just learn stuff and become a professional

You sound retarded.

He's a con man with rich parents.

success breeds jelousy

This reminds of Thomas Edison, who stole Nikola Tesla's ideas, and a bunch of other people, and took credit for them.

Elon Musk has tons of ultra-smart people working for him, yet he gets all the credit. In 100 years, our relatives will hear about the people who worked for him, and look at him like he's a snake.

>designing fucking rockets and electric cars

No, he single-handedly invented rockets and electric cars

Attached: elonMusk1.png (1000x1500, 864K)

Attached: elonMusk2.png (1000x1500, 620K)

This. Musk didn't design shit

he dropped out of physics you triple elongated muskfan

imagine drawing this

Attached: 1495625498886.png (800x600, 91K)

moar? I love them. Exposing this faggot for what he is.

Rocket science is easier than programming.

Attached: carmackoculus.png (530x424, 536K)

Just go to university you dumb fuck.

>go to university
>work hard
>get good grades
>no jobs when you graduate

Well, time for a communist revolution then.

Rocket science is programming, mostly.

Applied Autism my dude

> coding backend shit
Nonononono.
He was a CEO of . In exchange, he asked to be on the board of PayPal because it's a great line in CV. While being there, he offered some inane stuff like transferring PayPal core services to Windows, then bailed and started Tesla.

>How does someone just 'read a lot of books' and just become an engineer?

You don't. Musk has parents that gave him millions of dollars from the profit they made off of apartheid and (literal) slavery.

He's also not an engineer, he is kept around for PR/marketing purposes and to take the fall when something bad happens.

>Criticizing the guy that literally works 70hrs a week and sleeps on a couch in a factory
Does it just BSOD NPC's brains knowing that he isn't just another meme visionary that does no actual work? The guy always looks like shit because he's a billionaire but doesn't give a fuck about the money and just wants to make cool shit

By reading a lot of books
>How does he do it?
He read a lot of books

Attached: tumblr_nz3te4YSte1uy65oyo1_500.png (500x411, 193K)

he was just one of those lucky gen Xers who were right time, right place for the dot com boom

>meh

Its decently written but he's too wrinkley, it looks more lime liam neeson

KNAAWWLEDGE

These,biggest welfare queen in America too

If people spent 1/10 the amount of time doing 1/100 the things Elon does, they might actually accomplish something with their miserable lives instead of being sad and jealous.

But Elon hasnt done anything, any engineer has done more work. Hes just good a PR

What use is that brain if you dont know how to use it. You dont just have to be technically sound to lead businesses. You have to know the real world rules and how to play them.

Well you are on Jow Forums faggot go over Jow Forums to jerk over how good business man Elon is, I only respect actual smart people that does actual work, management can fuck off.

Apparently elon doesn't either by looking at how tax subsidized his companies are,also he got lucky with the dotcom boom.

There's a difference between working smart and working hard. I work smart and have achieved much more than people grinding unnecessarily.

Come on dude
Elon is a faggot in several ways but he does work hard and he does accomplish something
Some people seem to have this passionate hatred which is equally as weird as his cultist fanboys
Honestly theres more reasons to shit on people like jeff bezos, bill gates, steve jobs, sundar pichai etc. Pp.

Awful comics, not like I'm on Elon's side or anything

>I only respect actual smart people that does actual work
The fucking irony.
>Apparently elon doesn't either by looking at how tax subsidized his companies are
Dumbfuck, those subsidies were put in place to encourage the development of exactly the kinds of things Elon's companies are shitting out. You know, like electric fucking cars which he Tesla has on the road right now. Without Elon, the no major automaker would be seriously talking about that now they're all practically breaking their neck spitting out press releases about how they're might hopefully maybe be able to compete with Tesla in sometime in the next 5 years. Without Elon that would not be a reality. Hate the dude if you want but he has accomplished something here that would not have happened right now otherwise.
Like said, you anti-Elon cultists are worse than his fucking fanboys. Kill yourselves.

Wrong. Companies are coming up with electric cars because now the technology is there, they been trying since decades to make them. You just praise Elon because you dont know better and just pick normie media

Fuck, this guy is right. His father owned a mine in Zambia. Elon is a fucking rich kid grown up.

I'm tired of this shit.

Elon
Kennedy
Trump
Bilzerian

This happens too often.

>reusable rockets
After the billions siphoned off by the aerospace industry for half a century? They were doing so well until this brainlet musk came along.

Who to believe? Tall poppy syndrome from a bunch of worthless protosexuals on an anime site or the only person to actually come close to space colonisation?

>Companies are coming up with electric cars because now the technology is there
Jesus fucking Christ stop. They're doing it because Tesla proved there is a market and it is viable. Like I said without that, there wouldn't even be a conversation. Even the mighty VW who came out with there shitty press release just the other day positioned the car they will supposedly be building in 2020 as a "Tesla competitor". If this were all about the technology suddenly being mature (it isn't), they wouldn't even mention a little 2 bit operation like TSLA. But it isn't Elon owns the market and will continue to own the market. He locked down the battery supply line, he has the network of super chargers. He did it while the big automakers were sitting with their collective thumbs in their asses. And he will continue to do it in their and everybody else's faces including yours.

competence breeds good spelling

Attached: 1480853877441.png (1863x945, 1.79M)

kek

But electric cars suck and theres exactly 0 reasons to buy one

Bilzerian is nowhere as rich as any of these guys.

>to designing fucking rockets and electric cars in just a few years
He doesn't do anything of the sort. He's an executive, not an engineer.

>But electric cars suck and theres exactly 0 reasons to buy one
>Tesla is #1 in owner satisfaction.
Stop it.

Attached: Selection_001.png (696x670, 40K)

>Implying thats not Tesla cultists

By the same metric Apple makes the best phones lmao

Oh yeah? What's the rocket science equivalent of 0x5F3759DF?

BFR

Attached: 1475549963752.jpg (1920x818, 99K)

This comment is stupid. People become cultists because of brand culture. Apple has already had an established brand culture stemming from good products. Tesla does not have this and such the current customer satisfaction is based on the initial (current) product. But I guess you fucking negroettes on Jow Forums don't understand this.

Electric cars are nothing but a meme fad

Lads how do I make easy money? I am of moderate to high intelligence.

Buy my shitcoin!

I had two bitcoin wallets at about 2010 and 2013/4 and deleted them both because bitcoin is stupid. Maybe if my internet was better I'd have tried harder.

This is just wrong. Tesla even encourages electric car market growth their technology is transparent to others

>t.elon musk
go kys you fucking autist

t. general motors

you cant just double nigger someone if they didn't nigger you first, man

that shits not cool

you also dont need to graduate to retain/unlock the knowledge you quadruple quadroon minus three white men mambo

Musk is just a con artist.

Check the P H E N O T Y P E

>Pic related
>Rocket science is easier than programming
Armadillo Aerospace, a company founded by video game developer John Carmack.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armadillo_Aerospace

>used the environmental scam
So this is why commies hate him so much.

litereally the best photo of him ever taken

Imagine being so buttblasted that you take the time to draw this

*blocks your path*

Attached: welfarequeens.png (708x473, 144K)

>chrystler that high
LOL WHAT A JOOOOOKE

This and probably his autism which allowed him to do an insane amount work hours every day.

Patriotic American companies working for the interests of the American people, the American values and The American Dream.
Meanwhile Elon Musk is a man who is known to have had contact with Russian generals years ago, and whose companies are well known to abuse workers and disrupt the American economy through aggressive anti-American PR campaigns and various forms of highly questionable practices that ultimately bring harm to America and, the American people, and everything we Americans stand for.

>t.elon musk

PhD yes.
He still has his major.

There's a slight difference between stealing other peoples ideas and hiring (= paying) them for their ideas you know.

He's doesn't design shit, he orders other people to design whilst he sits on his arse at board meetings.

>SpaceX will never have a competitive payload
They now operate the largest currently active launch vehicle

>SpaceX will never land a rocket
Landed two boosters simultaneously

>SpaceX will never reuse a booster
Refurbishment time is down to 4 weeks with full reusability coming next year.

>Electric cars will never have the infrastructure to support them
Nearly 9000 superchargers operating in the US and counting

>Battery storage will never beat fossil fuel generators
The installation in SA has a response time in a power outage of less than a second

At this point, I’m convinced the musk naysayers are literal big oil shills. Mad about the subsidies he gets? How about the $400 billion+ Fossil fuel energy companies get every single year. How about the $460 million launch cost from ULA that existed purely because up until very recently, they were the only US company with the capability.

Musk already made his millions in the dotcom era and could easily retire right now. Yet he keeps pushing the envelope because he wants to make the world a better place.

>coding backend shit for paypal
lmao

>Musk was ousted in October 2000 from his role as CEO (although he remained on the board) due to disagreements with other company leadership, notably over his desire to move PayPal's Unix-based infrastructure to Microsoft Windows.
such genius

One doesn't. Practice is important.

>This guy went from coding backend shit for paypal to designing fucking rockets and electric cars
No, he went from coding to telling peoples to design rockets and cars.

this, proper etiquette in this thread please.

he was accepted into a phd program in energy physics at stanford u. he knows some shit.

t. no clue how academia works

By having enough money to realize his ideas.
Engineers are just a specialized type of niggers needed for certain tasks.

fucking white people

Wasn't it literally the other way around?

He had a background in Physics and learned to code by himself

Integration of powerhead in FFSC

By having off-the-charts IQ and crippling autism.

>to designing fucking rockets and electric cars in just a̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ two decades
Also he doesn't design the things alone. He might've been the head engineer for the first SpaceX rocket, but he has literally 500 000 people working for him.

In all fairness, software engineering isn't exactly rocket science :^)

youtu.be/THNPmhBl-8I

I laughed way more than I ought've.

>In America
>He lives in South Africa
?

>Oil shills

They literally are. They get insane profit margins from stealing crude oil from third world countries and then selling their overpriced gasoline back to them. They are also the same people who keep pushing the "nuclear is bad" meme and the clean coal memes. Ten years ago the concept of energy that didn't come from fossil fuels was ridiculous, but we are speeding up to not needing oil anymore and the sheiks and oil magnates are shaking in their boots because people are starting to realize that the planet itself is a giant source of energy not to mention having a literal free gigasized thermonuclear reactor in the sky. These are the same kind of people who robbed us of free electricity back when Tesla came up with the idea.

Guys before I dropped engineering I had a presentation in ethic class about pollution and all and the guys said that we were doing okay fuel wise for car but the real problem came from thing like wheels generating a load of the particulates.
So I was wondering if the tesla cars were truly good or if that was a overpriced scam

he went to stanford and dropped out after 2 days bro anyone who can get into stanford so nonchalantly can become anything from reading books

When you have a full stock of engineers in the same room to ask any sort of question you want.

Any sub retard can learn if they spend the time. By all accounts Elon works and learns literally 80 hour weeks and has all his life.