How much does gigabit fiber cost where you live anons?

How much does gigabit fiber cost where you live anons?
I'll go first
>India
>$82 a month
>2500 gb a month

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-12-15-19-47-263_com.android.chrome.jpg (1038x382, 68K)

Comes free with my 370$ rent
1000/1000.

900/300
50 euro per month
No data cap

Italy
25€/month
Unlimited, 1000/100 (up to 400)

$70 for 1gbit synchronous. no bandwidth limit. however im sure if you're running something 24/7 at 1gbit they'll do something eventually.

If avaiable I guess 100 €. Or you pay 40 € for "up to 16K" hybrid like me.

I get 2000 ADSL and sometimes 1-2 MB/s if I stay up at night. It drops to 3 Mbits in the evenings.

I pay $20 in USA for 50/50 internet with unlimited usage. Gigabit is 200/month, 600mbps is 100/month, 100mbps is 60 a month. I don't need anything faster.

8.3eur/month
unlimited

Hello orange m8

holy shit where

Slovakia
300/300
Unlimited
18€/month

Gigabit fibre is in my area but I'm happy with the current speed I have (I'll probably upgrade in the future).

Germany
110€/month
1000/500 no cap
oh also it's barely available anywhere

Attached: 1487791422269.jpg (600x600, 333K)

Finland
55€, tied into contract for 24months

13 euroniggers here, but that was a promo price, the usual is 20€ or so.

Finland
100/10
10€/month
Unlimited

Australia, $839.50 per month for 1000/400 unlimited (actually 10x 79.95 + $40 admin fee per month for 10x bound 100/40 connections on FTTP)

I don't actually have that, it was quoted for another place by Exetel a few months back.

i live in the middle of fuckin nowhere so n/a

Poland
15€, 350/50, no data limit (Orange)

>see advert at airport for 1gbit synchronous NBN
>5 grand a month
FUCK OFF TPG AND FUCK OFF NBN SHIT

>Australia, $839.50 per month

what the fuck

Chile
No idea, but my 400mb connection is $40 without data caps

Gigabit doesn't officially exist in NBN-land so you need to bond 10 100/40 or 100/100 virtual connections to make a gigabit connection (it's all handled by the NBN cpe, but it costs a boatload in fees)
MyRepublic did a promo in Woolongong with the same config for $129.99 per month, but it was just a stunt to try and get NBNCo to lower fees - they no longer offer the plan.
Fuck everyone.
Fuck Libs for listening to Rupert
Fuck Malcolm for lying through his fucking teeth when he knew that FTTN was shit.
Fuck Rudd too for making it that NBNCo had to turn a profit and would eventually be sold (you didn't forget that did you? NBNCo is *required* to be sold in the near future - the publicly funded phone lines are gone and eventually we'll be on privately owned and maintained infrastructure only - onya Kevin.

>bandwith limit

Attached: threepwoodlaugh.gif (404x416, 204K)

That CVC thing was fucking retarded by Labor.

CVC is the least retarded thing.
121 POIs - now there's retarded.

Every ISP under the fucking sun except Telsta and Optus said it was a bad idea and that there should be 1 POI in each state/territory - or smaller ISPs would cease to be competitive, get purchased by the larger ISPs and the landscape would resemble USA.
Guess what fucking happened - most every ISP got purchased by iiNet, who got purchased by TPG.
Internode, Adam, Westnet, Netspace, etc - all ceased existing due to NBNCo's 121 POI policy. They had to sell out to keep the staff from heading to centrelink.

>Woolongong

I love this name. it's so quintessentially Australian

Switzerland
~ 40$ per month
10 GBPS no caps

>250mb down/125mb up is the fastest civilian plan I can get
>it costs 90 bucks a month
>no practical bandwidth cap, but I got a warning for pushing almost 5tb of data upstream in one month

great white north my ass. It's a huge and irresponsible monopoly, too. I get outages all the time.

50eur / mo
no cap
900/300 or something iirc

>10 GBPS no caps
Are you allowed to run servers on it? How is the routing?

*10* gbit symmetric unlimited is $50. TV and telephone calls included.

Switzerland, Salt fiber.

50Mbps down, 10 Mbps Up, $250 a month (with TV)
Canada. Kill me. Can't even use Ethernet due to reasons and I'm using a WIFI adapter from 2006 and I only get 5 now hellllp

What the actual fuck? How is the price so low in what is one of the most expensive countries in the world?

I mean my half-first world country (Estonia) is know for rather high-speed internet for low prices but even here home gigabit costs you 100€ a month (see pic)

Attached: net.png (231x291, 6K)

nice bullshit, to even get 10 gbit symmetric your ISP would have to give you equipment worth thousands of dollars

fuck off retard

1000/100 costs me 25€ but my employer takes care of the bill.

Well once you put down 1 fiber it carries terabytes of data so it's cheap to offer high speeds in a country like swissland. The only amazing thing is how american isp's can abuse their position to charge people hundreds of dollars due to monopolies.

Its via GPON so you share the 10 gb/s with up to 64 other people if you're unlucky. There are 4 fiber strands to a home, everything after that is the consumers problem so obviously most will not really profit from anything above 1gb/s.
I don't think there's really anything that forbids you from running a server from that connection, but I don't think they offer static IPs so it will be a pain.
Fiber is also mostly only available in bigger cities, not everywhere.

show me a speedtest faggot, with todays timestamp

Eesti first world now. It's 23,14€/mo for a gigabit FTTH line with a static IP address here in Africa, although I pay 12.90€ for the same.

1000/200
$6 a month
No data cap

honest question, what do you even do with bandwidth like that? I can't see any use for more than 50Mbit/s

I host a game server and an ftp server to share files. Also there's just less time waiting for shit to download.

At 100mb basically any video downloads faster than you can consume it.

100/40
Unlimited
$99 a month
Australia.

25$~
technically a cap exists in the contract but it hasn't been enforced ever. even though i sometimes get to 5 tb a month

Attached: 7793082332.png (350x200, 20K)

There's other shit than streaming video.

Yeah but you need extraordinary lack of planning ability or ADHD to truly make use of the increased speed.

4 strands of fiber to the premises minimum. Muh government legislation also means that the competition can also use the hundreds of tbit of bandwith premises theoretically have. It works, apparently.

lmao at the NBN ruining your countries internet just as it was finally getting decent.

You need to stop making excuses for lack of progress.

Blame the jews.

Italy
25-30€/month excluding promos
No cap

But gigabit is only available through ftth in about a dozen cities, everyone else has 100M or 200M through fttc

Canada
$96.85 ($73 USD) / month
Unlimited 1000 down/30 up

Canada is literally Australia-tier when it comes to internet

That's the dumbest way to deliver 10gbps.

My ISP is just upgrading the OLT and ONTs to support NG-PON2 to deliver 10gbps over a single fiber. And with future upgrades can carry 40gbps over a single fiber.

4 fiber stands per customer is just dumb and wasteful.

>30/3 Mb/s GPON """fiber"""
>ca. 85% uptime
>15$/month
>no data cap
greetings from poland :)

I just checked my house for NBN and it says ready for service october 1st 2018. Sure wish it was october 1st again cause I clearly missed it the first time.

> Canada
> $96.85 ($73 USD) / month
> Unlimited 1000 down/30 up
I don't think Australia is even close to having an unlimited 1Gbps down internet for less than $100.

>tfw no fiber
Israel
24$
100/3 MB

> what do you even do with bandwidth like that?
Distributed backups, meaning they aren't in the same location.
Also I had a small OpenVPN server back then, tried to stream anime right off my home PC.

>mfw I live in the "city" of my small town and our monopoly phone company offers fiber net but only in a few areas except mine

I don't know the price, but Claro it's expensive, awful and shit. We don't have good options for telephone and internet or I would have changed to another company years ago.

>4 fiber stands per customer is just dumb and wasteful.
No. Premises often are inhabited by multiple parties and they need the option to be able to choose multiple ISPs.

Apart from that, the cost of laying the connections to the premises doesn't increase much with the number of wires.

It'd be stupid to not lay 4 strands of wire or more.

500/50 mbit/s 25 burgerbucks a month

Why? 1 strand per customer is all that's needed. Fiber has amazing capacity if the end equipment (OLT/ONTs) gets upgraded to support new standards.

Assuming you want to hook up everyone in your country you're taking about a 3-4x increase in material costs. Your labor costs aren't much increased since laying 1 vs 4 strands won't make much difference there. But fiber isn't exactly cheap, that money could be spent on a more widespread fiber deployment, or on upgrading the OLT/ONTs for something newer than GPON.

Like I said, it's just v wasteful, not smart. Especially for residential connections.

Texas
1000/100
Unlimited Bandwidth $60 month

Canada, Saskatchewan
Sasktel
10 down, 1 up
$75/mo

no, there are no other alternatives asides from satellite where I live (town of

Same.

Fucking small towns. Fucking Canada.

Its pretty shit, aye.

To be fair, it's great in Saskatoon or Regina

t. SK user paying under $150/month for 300mbps, HD TV, and phone.

So, you mean, the only places in this barren hellish wasteland with any semblance of human life?

What a surprise.

>worse than NBN.
Everyone point and laff.

D-don't worry, a few years ago they doubled the speed from 5 to 10 for only $25 more!

This upload is atrocious, though. I may get 25-30 kb/s total, nothing faster. Even then it slows down my connection. At least I can hit 1Mb/s downloading.

I've got a 2nd house in a village near moosejaw that has 50mbps for under $100.

But yea, unless you're in one of the corridors with infrastructure, or the cities. SK sucks.

I can't give any better details without doxing myself, but maybe I'll have enough money to rent somewhere not a shithole. Until then, nothing much I can do.

That's why I moved out of the village, 50mbps wasn't cutting it for me.

That and in a village of 300-350 ppl, everyone knows everyone and I personally hate that shit.

Good choice.

20 euro

Virginia, $70 per month with 2 year contract, maybe can Jew it down if your game is tight. The bigger thing is getting caught for torrenting, they scan my area and popped my landlord because of me yesterday. I could get a separate line into the house for 70 pe month but why? Would rather get a seedbox with bitcoin, and a VPN with bitcoin, and just use the 300/100 that comes with my rent to download what i want or stream shit.

> Australia
> $60 AUD a month
> 100/40
> Unlimited
How are the rest of my fellow ausfags doing. This is on the GC btw.

73€/month
600/600
TV and phonecalls

If those Jow Forums posts are to be believed and 245million African refugees are on their way - you're fucked in more way than one.

not available
>t. Australian

Still on fucking ADSL, 3mbps for a whopping $80 a month.

All those jews give you is 3 Megabytes? topkek

$50 a month 1000mbps up and down, no caps. USA

Let's praise OpenFiber my friend

>gigabit fiber
>when im in australia
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Oh, i made myself sad

$31 Gigabit + VoIP
$46 Dual-Gigabit, cannot achieve single instance of 2Gbps + VoIP
$137 10Gbps

>Ireland
>€55 a month
>Unlimited
Although it's only available in a few places around the country. Most ISPs have max 100mb/s speed, if you want any faster you have to get Virgin or live in a specific place to get gigabit. Though no matter how much you pay upload is always 20mb/s

>gigabit
>but you have a 2.5tb cap
lol so what's the fucking point

>1gbps
>only allowed to utilize it for 6 hours per month
lmao nice ISP

america
average probably 3/1 Mb

at&t monopoly please fuck my ass harder

Uncapped, in the US.

Attached: 2018-10-22 16_03_23.png (424x237, 14K)

Germany, Berlin
it doesn't even exist. we're still on "vectoring"

>Indian internet is cheaper than mine
GET ME OUT OF THIS FUCKING PLACE THIS IS LITERALLY THE FASTEST I CAN GET

Attached: Screenshot_20181112-125343_Fennec F-Droid.jpg (719x826, 171K)

$105/mo

G.fast uses DSL vectoring and can deliver 1gbps.

Moscow
$15/month
No data cap
1000/1000 copper, no gay fiber modem rent

>1000/1000 copper
What copper technology is delivering 1000mbps?

Infinity, they literally won't set up any cable where I live, it's either satellite or phone tethering.

I doubt that's true, you just don't have the money to pay for the infrastructure.

What company would REFUSE to install service if you were paying for the install costs? It might cost you $40,000+, but if you have the money, SOMEONE will provide you internet.

The one you can plug directly into your motherboard. Pretty sure connection between apartment blocks is fiber but with 10-100 customers per building a single enterprise optical to box makes more sense.