>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
Deskthority, Geekhack, Massdrop
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page

Attached: Mech_keyboard_switches.gif (1600x2220, 638K)

Other urls found in this thread:

a.co/d/5yrfq6f
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dont see any rubber domes in that image

they're right there at the bottom

Third for Topre a shit

Help me decide, pic related or this

Attached: HTB1IeLPf7voK1RjSZFwq6AiCFXaJ.jpg (1000x667, 116K)

This

Attached: topre.png (1155x881, 91K)

>blue
BOX White is the correct spelling

seconding, box white are top tier due to the click bar

Attached: IMG_20181112_142252.jpg (3456x4608, 959K)

Thoughts on iKBC?

looks gay

My entire life is a stroke

Attached: 1507137718755.jpg (1024x730, 155K)

I have blues but want more clicky and higher force
wat do

box jade or navy

I am getting really tired of this crap.
>look at mechs in $150 range
>every fucking review is exactly the same
>"this is a great high end keyboard that feels premium, it just has this one big fucking flaw, in conclusion this is a good pick but in this price range there are much better choices"
>look at another mech in the price range
>"this is a great high end keyboard that feels premium, it just has this one big fucking flaw, in conclusion this is a good pick but in this price range there are much better choices"
>then at another
>OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN
then were are these fucking much better choices then you fucking pricks hmm ?

Ducky Zero vs Ducky One

Which is better and why

LOL just get a Model M

Why the hell would you use mechanical switches that offer no resistance at the top? It makes the keyboard feel squishy which I thought is what you were trying to avoid by moving away from rubber domes.
Not to mention the actuation that occurs halfway to the bottom instead of as you bottom out. Do you really type so daintily instead of punching the keys?
I just want a stiff keyboard that offers no resistance after you overcome the actuation force and even pulls the key down making it impossible to straddle the half pressed/half released state.

Attached: 1513584801645.jpg (362x346, 38K)

Ducky One 2

Almost everything you said was wrong.

The one in your current pic looks crisp and professional, whereas the other one has an "im so special" red escape key which just screams out that you care more about showmanship than about quality.

Finally, this current one got double dubs, can't go wrong with that.

seconding

But what if i am not an edgy neckbeard hipster and want to have sex with a female at least once in my lifespan?

What is the best 100% no led keyboard?

Kek

Even more of a reason. The IBM Model M has been the choice of financially successful professionals with real careers ever since their inception. The only thing you need to do (and admittedly many people find this difficult) is to not talk about your keyboard unless someone else asks you about it first.

Unicomp model M. IBM model M if you can deal with missing the windows/menu keys

it has no rgb so might as well not even exist

this one seems really nice, it is full rgb, has rip off mechanical switches, the raised profile for more color penetration, metal frame and costs only fifty burger coins, that is like 3x less than other similar keyboards

Attached: trust-gtx-890-cada-rgb-mechanical-keyboard-1000px-v1-0003[1].jpg (1000x484, 76K)

What switches does it have?

Looks pretty gay

Outemu Red
i bet they are even much better that the shitty cherries
tone down that poorfag rubber dome angst soiboy

Just get an e-element keyboard since it has more features and identical build quality while costing even less

Box Whites are the best switches ever created.

No idea why people are calling mechanical keyboards a meme. Just got my first one with blue mx switches and in every key press this is what I imagine playing with your clitoris feels like. I love it.

That's a funny way to spell capacitive buckling springs

>e-element
they don't sell those here and i am not waiting a month for it to arrive from china

>outemu
>even much better than the shitty cherries
Outemu are the only MX Cherry clones which are worse than the original ones

Jade > pale blue > white imo

The kailh clones are even worse then outemu, which is funny since their box switches are nice

What kailh switches are you considering? Both Bronze, Gold and Pro Green switches are better than MX Cherry, so they're automatically better than Outemu

beggars can't be choosers, for fifthy bucks are those features are breddy gud and they sure as fuck beat my rubber dome crap i have now
hell i actually went in wanting to drop $200 on a high end rgb mech and i wasn't able to find a single one worth the money, every single one has some big flaw and i look at a lot of them.
So i am thinking of buying this cheapo $50 degenerate mech which will still be a huge upgrade over my rubber domes and then a year or two later when some actually cockworthy high end rgb mechs hit the market i can get one of those with the money i will be saving now

MX Greens

That is a lot of projection there

Oh well, you're spending your own money.
Personally I recommend to look for Gateron switches: they feel very similar to MX Cherry while being smoother and overall better and they're not expensive

Just buy a pok3r. Objectively the best keyboard available.
>I need a numpad
Program one into the function layer

The only switches I'd consider buying from kailh are Jadies, Navies, and Palies

Whites are good too

Too light and not very tactile. At least pale blues are heavier which makes them somewhat usable

you can't say that, this is 2018

DOG WHISTLE DOG WHISTLE

Fuck buckling springs. They are obscenely loud and inconsistent.
I haven't tried Jade and Pale Blue yet. Jade seems like it's just a louder white though. I got 100 Whites and Navies when they launched and haven't bought anything keyboard related since then. I alternate between Whites and Navies.

Is Ducky a good brand?

yes

What are some other good brands? Want to start this hobby.

Also what brands to avoid.

>Want to start this hobby.
it will destroy you
you will end up as a friendless faggot with a 40% white cherry crapboard

Anyways what are the good and bad brands out there?

Leopold and Filco

Avoid Razer, Logitech, and corsair. Leopold is the best build quality you can get for a prebuilt imo.

>corsair
why?
didn't they like invented cherries which are worshiped here?

No, cherry invented cherries. And cherries aren't worshipped here, they're among the worst options if you can choose from any stock switch (although I've heard their retooled switches are much better). Corsair is bad because they markup their boards a ton to cover advertising costs and they use shitty cheap keycaps and a nonstandard bottom row.

Okay I'm dropping the heresy bomb: Are there some good compact (TKL etc.) scissor switch/chiklet(?) (or whatever it's called) wired keyboards? I've tried Cherrx MX Browns, Outemu Blues and Reds. I want the most silent mech k/b that's still good. I did some testing and basically I can't type for shit with reds, tactile is a must, blues are way too loud, browns are okay I but still kinda loud and doesn't feel like that much of a clear winner over a laptop k/b. I feel like Topre is the way to go at this point but holy shit I'm too much of a college student for that.

I'm comparing them to Thinkpad X230 keyboard BTW. How does that one rank in the first place? What is the most silent (or at least with little but softer and more pleasant sound) k/b with a nice clear tactile bump you ever used?

I just read about an article about chemicals in cheap chinesium plastics and paints being absorbed by the skin over periods of prolonged contact. This seems like kind of a big thing nobody is talking about. So are cheap keyboards literally detrimental to your health? Should you only stick with large name-brands and pay a little more to not have your fingers fall off in 20 years?

so then what is an rgb loving numpad user to do if he doesn't want to overpay?

Just use gloves for typing
Problem solved

Anecdotal, but the cheap Chinese suction cup on my car phone mount fused with the uv coating on my windshield. Glass guy that looked at it said he sees that with aliexpress phone mounts all the time, but that ones sold in US stores that cost more don't seem to do it. No science or reason backing this up, but it fucked my windshield up after a couple weeks. Made me pay more attention to what I'm doing with unrated plastics (looking at you banggood dildo).

Get a Ducky

they don't sell them here, i have access to the big brands like razer, corsair etc, but the hipster stuff like ducky is probably only sold in us and out of my reach without paying $50 shipping

The nice thing about the newer Ducky RGB keyboards is that their LEDs are on a separate PCB which means if you want to upgrade or replace some dead ones years after the warranty expires you don't have to desolder then entire keyboard. And since they use standard LEDs you can easily find replacements

I doubt it since Ducky is even bigger then Corsair. They sell them in almost every country in the world with whatever meme layout you need.

Well definitely not here, i checked the regular big eshops i use and they don't have a single product from them

what country? even far off ones like iceland sell Ducky keyboards.

How about CM masterkeys?

I'll program my boot up your ass

how do I know if a keycap is suitable to BOX switches?

They all are, the question is do you want to reuse them?

why?

>When you fall for every single Jow Forums meme

Attached: 0F4BF682-51B2-44D0-911A-6A7ECBB08771.jpg (4032x3024, 2.75M)

czech republic

they do have those, i really like the MasterKeys MK750 for example, but they don't have very good reviews, someone is complaining that the led driver is shit and the leds blink too slow so when you run your eyes across them it looks ugly

What's a good set of a seamless pbt keycap for my backlit keyboard? I have no idea what I'm doing, honestly. An user in the last thread was saying bad ones will warp so I don't want to fuck up. My switches fit the Cherry MX profile.

Can anyone explain the illegal switch meme?

just buy it on amazon. No customs if you are in eu, but only if you buy from european amazon(de, uk, it) and shipping is like 15euros

why is it so difficult to find Cherry profile doubleshot pbt keycaps having non-retarded colour?

That's because the average reviewer doesn't understand what makes a board good. It has PBT caps (I think?)that will las and not shine compared to corsairs. Like honestly I don't understand how someone can think that """RGB quality""" should be a deciding factor in buying a board. You want something that's objectively worse because it has better rainbow lights on it?

This set. The choice could not be easier.
this

i bought this keyboard because of a post here
i think i was trolled
but it was only $15 and I can return it...
golly i wish it didn't jhave that numpad!

Attached: kb.jpg (2500x2500, 282K)

i lead a very sad and lonely life and the happy keyboard lights are the only thing that are keeping me from necking myself

this. but unironically

And on top of that, the post with the superior set *and* every post responding to it got dubs.

well I guess just get your Christmas light corsair, you're probably too retarded to notice how shit the keycaps are anyway. They do sell aftermarket PBT caps for it I think, and it sounds like you're willing to grossly overpay for some light effects

gave it a look and their rgb offerings are way too pricey for me, along with the shipping i would be way over budget
not to mention crazy expenses and nightmares if it breaks and i need to send it back for warranty

OH SHIT

actually right now if i can't find anything better i will be getting the cm mk750
i really like that it has cherries so i can get custom keycaps and even make some really crazy ones on my 3d printer

Your monitors clearly aren't 16:10s. Try harder next time.

>using anything other than 4:3 Trinitron CRTs
lad...

Goof choice, Corsair a shit

I don't know. Found these after about 5 minutes of searching and have been pretty happy with them
a.co/d/5yrfq6f

if i saw someone using a keyboard with meme side letters like those i would punch him in the face as hard as i could in the hopes of knocking the gayness out of him

>Goof choice
u kiss ur mum with this mouth?

Reminder that if you're playing any sort of video game using MX Blue's you're fucking retarded.

Attached: mxretard.png (773x632, 143K)

Reminder that if you're playing any sort of video game you're fucking retarded.

Attached: video games.png (720x633, 332K)

The reset point is for the clicking mechanism, not the switch. That means you can still hover around the actuation point without a problem. That said Cherry switches are trash and you shouldn't be using them anyways.