Got bad programming skills

Got bad programming skills
No college degree.

Is it a good idea to go to a bootcamp, or are those things just memes and scams?

Attached: imagesdtbeu_04854.jpg (211x239, 9K)

Bootcamp will make your programming skills mediocre for mediocre jobs. You're better off self learning and doing projects on your own whilst reading books.

Boot camps usually have divergent opinions, never went in one tho but I would choose college if you can

You're either good or you're not. Programming isn't a skill in itself, you draw from other skills such as analysis, critical thinking, and improvisation.

Is it good to somehow have something on my CV instead of nothing?
I can always just learn things on myself and take the bootcamp minidegree if it's worth somethng

Attached: g86jg79fn.jpg (197x256, 8K)

Nevermind I figured it out.

But you're not OP,

>you cannot learn analysis, critical thinking and improvisation
Retard

why not apply yourself to something you are good at? imagine being tone deaf and trying to find employment as a classical pianist.
find something you are good at

t. person who fell for the CS meme

If you do one, only do one with a job guarantee.

Imo try edx and Coursera first.

oldest trick in the book. I love doing this.

You suck at programming and apparently can't into college, yet you want to go to a coding camp? Maybe find a career that better fits you and your personality? My guess is you think its big bux and want to jump on the latest trend, right? You won't make it at this rate fren, I am just being honest with you. Try doing a help desk job first and see if you even like the tech field, maybe you will find that you hate it and decide to become a welder then work up to being a pipe fitter, they make 6 figure salaries too, and they only work about 6-8 months of the year while earning that.

>if youre not good don't try to get better
brainlet

Put the things you make while learning on your CV. Having projects is far more worthwhile than a bootcamp. Especially if the job you're applying for relates to them somehow.

do project Euler, at least the first 100. read the art of programming and build a calculator in some kind of simulator. read the c programming language and the practice of programming and do all the exercises. that's what I did in your situation. bootcamps are not good

This by far. Bootcamps are a waste of money. Torrent 5 or so books on a language used for whatever you want to do (python for ai, java for android, etc) with varying difficulty and get to work while making personal projects with them. Better than wasting several grand on the same experience with just a little bit of tutoring

You're a lot better off just programming a lot. like you should be programming at least 10 hours a day. You'll get good in two or three years.

Attached: 85765.gif (260x146, 826K)

>tfw im extremely good at programming and not even in CS

How do I exploit my gifts anons?

Why, you're not in a tech based job and going for something else at the moment?
I'll check out for coursera for a quick lesson then, even tho i'm taking some Java lessons
Never said i suck at programming, i simply didn't apply enough. I started not even a month ago, i have a pol.sci degree and it won't take me anywhere, i already did 4 internships as help desk where i used to mount hardware in offices and stuff, i actually love the tech world and i want to do more of that, too bad simply fixing computers at the moment just won't get you bread on the table, same with 3D sculpting.
I know how to weld btw :D
I'll make a project in Java then, too bad i don't know where to start, if you have any links i'll gladly check them out
I have that book, it's pretty massive, I don't really know if i have the self-discipline to read all of that without needing to get a grade on a college or something. I'm speaking purely honest here.
I'll keep going with Java for dummies and head first java then
10 hrs for 2 years is a lot, heard in a year or so you can get to decent levels
By following the advices on the thread i guess make a website with all your projects and apply for big magnates wearing only a suit, your web-resumè and your balls of steel

get a degree in cs

>If you do one, only do one with a job guarantee.

Even this isn't a guarantee, the bootcamp itself will offer you a shitty teaching job.

Have you tried programming courses near your area?

>Try doing a help desk job
I see this recommended on Jow Forums all the time. Are the people giving this advice American? I've never met a software dev/engineer who worked help desk.

I was actually thinking the same, I did work help desk, but i don't see much correlation with coding