MacOS Hackintosh Performance

Using an Apple machine feels much smoother and lag-free than a comparable specced Windows machine, which will lag and stutter much more.
Is this entirely due to the software being optimized for the hardware, or is macOS just a better OS?

In other words, does macOS on Hackintosh machines perform just as well as it does on Apple hardware, or does it have a similar performance to Windows?

Attached: hackintosh.jpg (700x400, 23K)

I licked a negro once

Hackintoshes have become much better over the years in both installation and general hardware compatibility. You can get a beefy machine that will run MacOS far better than the highest spec iMac pro. Not to mention at a better value.

Still, youll need to do some research on hardware that will be compatible with features that MacOS offers. But from what I've seen on forums and various hackintosh users, it seems results favor them with maybe a few slight hassles.

Yes, but assuming everything's compatible, will it run smoothly like on Apple hardware?

Why wouldn't it?

been running macos HS on my 2500k and it runs much, much faster than on my 2015 thottlebook pro, except when it comes to disk IO, because I only have a samsung 820 (iirc) ssd on the desktop and the macbook has a ridiculous nvme ssd, but yeah, hackintosh perfoms just as good

the only issue is overhead, it's quite annoying when it comes to updates, some more obscure hardware, etc

aslo you need a botnet (((intlel))) cpu and might need a patched bios for some shit

Runs great on my AutismPad

It'll perform as well (or even better depending on your hardware) as on Apple hardware as long as you've configured it properly.

By properly I mean a proper DSDT and SSDT for non-fake speedstepping, the correct settings in Clover for your hardware and the correct kexts. There's probably a lot of shit you will need to learn and while it isn't as hard today as it was back in Snow Leopard. Just don't use a fucking "customized macOS distro" like the Niresh crap, you're fucking asking for stability issues and pajeet/russian backdoors. It's vanilla or bust. Don't fucking try with an AMD CPU either. Laptops are a lot harder than desktops due to their heavily customized hardware that are hard to find kexts for and the reliance on Intel wireless cards that are not supported by macOS whatsoever. Other than the pain of setting it up and getting wireless, sound, networking, sleep, speedstepping and some other smaller solvable issues, there's absolutely zero difference between an Hackintosh and an Apple machine.

Start looking into threads on hardware similar to your own. Popular hackintosh spots include InsanelyMac and Tonymacx86, just don't mention either at the other's place as they fucking hate each other's guts due to Tonymac creating proprietary installer tools. Use Clover always, not Chameleon/MultiBeast.

Because maybe the reason for its smoothness is the optimization for that specific hardware.

Thank you very much.

Is it possible to dualboot, or do I need 2 different drives?

Trust me, there's almost zero 'optimization' for specific CPUs/GPUs or other hardware in macOS. It's just lacking in drivers for more obscure hardware. Hell, even the touchpad software is fucking great on Hackintoshes as long as you have an ELAN or FocalTech touchpad.

That doesn't mean I recommend doing it on a laptop however, it is still a real pain in the ass.

Yes you can dual or triple or quadruple boot if you want to. Clover dual boots just fine from the same drive with different partitions without issue. As long as the drive is formatted as GPT.

Nice.
Is there a way to also boot the macOS partition as a virtual machine inside Windows?

The only reason macs tend to feel smooth is because apple tends to build really fast PCI-E SSDs into them.
The OS isn't any better than Windows or most LoonX distros.

So the allegedly superior trackpads in Macbooks are just software?
Any non-Apple trackpad would feel the same as Apple ones when using macOS?

Macs were always faster even in the HDD days.
Also, SSDs only affect i/o speeds, and Macs are faster everywhere else too, even on comparable hardware.

Partly. Their drivers are well made and the OS compliments the touchpads really well. However the driver quality is what makes them nice to use.

Emilydinesh's touchpad driver was fucking fantastic to work with and was as close to the real deal as possible in my opinion. Needed some configuring though, but was great and didn't feel like the shitty Windows drivers whatsoever. Not sure if that driver is continued or if development was permanently stopped, it's been a while since I last used my hackintosh.

If you run Linux and have two GPUs it's possible to run macOS in VirtualBox and use PCIE passthrough to get near-native speeds without bothering with Hackintosh hardware (except for the GPU which has to be supported by macOS)

Seems like the best solution to me because you don't have to mess with UEFI, kexts, bootloaders, updates making your system unbootable, and whatever.

Attached: Intel Anti Theft.jpg (336x328, 23K)

>using mac
>using windoes

Attached: laughing babee.jpg (2160x1200, 188K)

>using fagOS
>ever

Attached: 1523771715923.png (1280x888, 1.08M)

I know it's hard for you to imagine, but there are people who need to use a particular OS because their work requires the use of software that doesn't run anywhere else.

>mactoddler subhumans
>people
good joke

>says the freetard, struggling to keep pizza toppings from falling out of his beard as he talks.

Intel + AMD Cards = best on Hackintosh

>Using laptops to process video
Hope you don't actually do this.

Stop asking dumb questions. The performance of any system solely depends on 1 - The disk where the OS is installed (HDD/SSD) 2 - The amount of RAM and 3 - CPU.
Minimum requirements for macOS Sierra/HighSierra/Mojave are: 4GB of RAM, a dual core CPU and a SSD. Ideally, if you're going to use a intel iGPU you'll probably want a recent CPU (skylake+) because of video decoding either that or use Firefox/reencode downloaded videos.

AMD Ryzen hackintosh machines currently have some unknown and unfixable problem with NVIDIA gpus where the performance isn't really that great. But AMD hackintoshes are a meme and you should probably look into a Intel + AMD RX GPU setup for hackintosh. Either that or a Intel + 700 series NVDIA gpu.

But that's false.
By taking advantage of the specific characteristics of the hardware (and by choosing the right components) software makers can improve performance dramatically.
For example videogame consoles, which use mediocre hardware but get a better performance than PCs with much better hardware.
Or iPhones
Or, you guessed it, Macs, which run much more smoothly and with less lags or hiccups than pcs with much better specs (even if those PCs benchmark much better than the Macs when it comes to raw power).

The performance of a machine isn't one simple one-dimentional statistic.
There are many types of performance.
There's read/write speed, there's processing power of the CPU and GPU, there's speed at doing certain specific tasks, etc.
In this case the OP is talking about one specific type of performance, which is the smoothness of day-to day tasks (like opening windows, playing high-res videos, etc.) which doesn't necessarily correlate with other types of performance.

Back to and take your manchild fruit toy OS with you.

Attached: 1518846751341.png (400x1650, 367K)

PC hardware is generalized. Macs are PCs, so there's nothing special about Macs nor hackintosh machines. No one's forcing you to use unoptimized software. Of course there is a difference rendering video with a NVIDIA GPU over radeon gpus because of CUDA. Of course there is a difference when doing that aswell on a decent machine running OSX and finalcut vs a machine running premiere. Of course there is hardware that is better suited for certain tasks eg: photo editing and Radeon gpus (no color banding issues as far as I'm aware and overall more VRAM is nice as I've heard for video editing and photo editing although RAM is more important there I think). Machine learning and nvidia gpus, battery life for long-work sessions and intel iGPUs. Everything has a use case but still, you sound like you're being silly and a shill.

Macs are PCs, but their OS is programmed specifically to work well with the few hardware options it has, instead of being made to work with every possible hardware configuration.
That's the difference, and you're ignoring it.
You're the one who sounds like a shill.

>programmed specifically to work well with the few hardware options it has
Maybe that would mean something if applel pajeets weren't incompetent street shitters. Really shows how shit they are when even the pajeets at MS can make a better OS for macbooks than applel.

Attached: 1535270102596.jpg (1238x912, 229K)

Wow, you sure proved me wrong with this anecdotal evidence of this one guy.