Curved Monitors

Why does the industry keep pushing this shit? I just want a large monitor with a high refresh rate but everything is a fucking curved ultrawide

Attached: 71IjK1dq-OL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAB716M79340&cm_re=pixio_monitor-_-9SIAB716M79340-_-Product
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

curved ultrawides are noice. take the curve pill.

I'd love a hidpi ultrawide (curved or not). 3x 4k displays is nice but I'd love one ultrawide instead

Any gsync super wides? Or ultra wide any wide at all?

>not owning this monitor
what are you? poor?

Attached: hero.jpg (1920x1300, 379K)

Curved is the new gimmick now that high-refresh rate is basically common and that HDR is still a meme

>TN
over spending on rubbish in an effort to prove you're not poor just keeps you poor

I would think VR would be a better immersive experience than just slightly bending a normal screen?

>TN
>curved garbage

You would be correct, but VR is also much worse in terms of image quality at this point.

Yeah I'm not in a hurry to adopt VR(and I doubt my computer could handle it well anyway), just was an observation.

>TN
>Buying a new monitor before HDR is standard
Not this one cheif

implying TN is bad

Attached: th?id=OIP.U8nVQi1fmy0JfPgfMNSfkgHaEK&pid=Api.jpg (474x266, 25K)

>implying it isn't

*citation needed.

>curved
Boomer here memory might be fuzzy but I remember how that was a really bad thing back in my day. I wonder what will be public reaction if apple does a monochrome screen.

CITATION: Your eyes can tell TN fucking sucks.

Should I fall for the ultra wide curved monitor pill Jow Forums?

Attached: 1541967027700.jpg (600x405, 53K)

I have an LG curved ultrawide and I like it.

What should I look for when buying one?

curves tv's make no sense. Curved monitors make absolute sense.

Attached: C49HG90-2.jpg (1680x1120, 232K)

Attached: cgartenberg_170607_1762_0005.0.jpg (1200x800, 152K)

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 201K)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 219K)

Attached: P1080735.jpg (1500x844, 300K)

Attached: P1080738.jpg (1500x834, 366K)

Attached: samsung-chg90.jpg (1265x844, 147K)

move 10cm, can't see shit

Attached: 65312.jpg (435x450, 27K)

notices how he isn't actually playing the game himself? because he would go blind from the abysmal ghosting these shitty va panels produce

>samsung shill posting his fucking cheap china trash displays
you have to be lacking a brain if you fall for the qled meme. the term literally dosen't mean anything at all. they put a q infront of "LED" to make braindead consumerdrones confuse it with oled which actually makes a difference

Why would you not be looking straight at your own monitor?

bacause you have multiple monitors?

Even the biggest curved monitor doesn't have enough pixels to match my three screen setup.

For real tho, who the hell uses a monitor at 178°? or at any other extreme angle? I get TN is dogshit it really is but I hear even the same argument for why VA is bad "oh its not perfect at a 179° angle so its shit"

multiple monitors would still be facing towards your face

There's a TN panel on my laptop. It fucking sucks.

>Why does the industry keep pushing this shit?
The hypothesis goes that being curved helps with immersion since it better covers part of the peripherical vision, making the whole experience more natural. The industry takes the valid hypothesis, ignores the part in which the curvature needs to be precise and the size of the screen huge (the idea is to better cover the periphery, right?) And slaps it in any monitor size they can, because god forbid they do something stupid like only selling it on big monitors that not everyone will buy.

>And slaps it in any monitor size they can
Some ultrawides basically use cut 4k TV panels

I make me feel like in Star Trek. Put one or two lense flares in and I'm sold.

The only reason I can see myself wanting one is to play a game in fullscreen that supports it, but the problem is I multitask while playing games so I wouldn't ever fullscreen the game/play at that resolution to begin with. I can't justify getting one over a three monitor setup for that reason.

Attached: 1519063409276.png (565x541, 157K)

Can we get one thing straight? TN panels don't suck because the tech is shit. Most TN panels suck because they're cheap. There actually used to exist high quality TN panels, like the ones used in the thinkpad w520 or older macbook pros/powerbooks.

>There are 5" OLED screens in phones
>There are 55" OLED screens in TVs
>There are no 24" low-latency OLED monitors with superior colors, near-zero black point levels and low latency
>All you get is curved TN with shit colors, curved IPS with shit contrast and glow, and shit VA with somewhat good contrast and colors but some ghosting and blur
Gas the kikes

Severe burn in issues and they contain dangerous tox- just shut up and buy our cheap chink tn shit and be a good goyim.

ps the girl is CUTE

Attached: tn_display_angles.jpg (850x574, 180K)

because an ultrawide non-curved would be retarded

I got a curved ultrawide a while ago, I can never go back.
For gaming and multitasking, it truly is the best and I don't give a single fuck what your opinion is.

Attached: 1 (1).jpg (600x850, 835K)

1440p FreeSync VA or IPS ultrawide panes
This is the bare minimum, anything else can go into the trash

No, your buyers remorse is not an argument

>For real tho, who the hell uses a monitor at 178°? or at any other extreme angle? I get TN is dogshit it really is but I hear even the same argument for why VA is bad "oh its not perfect at a 179° angle so its shit"
Because if it's a ultrawide, the further edges will look slightly different, not much but still noticeable

>There are 5" OLED screens in phones
Yeah because phones get replaced often enough before the screens go to shit
>There are 55" OLED screens in TVs
Only really for people who don't mind dumping $2k every few years when the CNN logo gets burned into the screen
>There are no 24" low-latency OLED monitors with superior colors, near-zero black point levels and low latency
Current OLEDs barely last enough to be passable in TVs, how do you think an OLED is going to fair as a monitor when there are static elements on the screen 99.9% of the time. Dell had an OLED screen planned but canned it when there was color shifting

>TN
Into the garbage. Can't even touch my IPS 165hz gsync 1440p acer

If people want to buy a new monitor every 2 years, let them. OLED/AMOLED is superior in every way, burn is will get resolved/reduced eventually, it's already not that bad

implying I have a laptop, implying I watches my screen at weird angles.

>acer

Attached: th?id=OIP.Eh-XKLTJ53tbxJRUSYBdQgHaIU&pid=Api&w=440&h=494&rs=1&p=0.jpg (440x494, 23K)

T H I S
H
I
S

Curved ultrawide dell or die

Attached: 1540632861441.jpg (960x519, 75K)

What's the refresh rate :^)

There still must be some very underlying issue still present with current OLED screens that is stopping them from making monitors even for the well off consumer. Right now there is like only one announcement from Asus about a 21.6inch OLED for and its for professional use

It is bad and you should feel bad.

FLOWERS FLOWERS FLOWERS FLOWERS FLOWERS
WOW...

>concave curve
>being the same as convex curve

Retardation.

Is acer bad? I have a 1080p one and I felt like they were pretty good at monitors

Right. It needs to be at least 3ft wide to accomplish that immersion. 4:1 or 5:1 will eventually become the new standard. Current samsung ultrawide is 3.5:1 and yes $1k is expensive, but not if you get a coverage plan at BB or like store and literally replace it for free every 2-3 years. Nvidia is making a mistake with BFGD with no change in FOV. Ultra-ultra-wides are closer to VR than any other format

>There still must be some very underlying issue still present with current OLED screens that is stopping them from making monitors
Yea, the fact that it's not fucking profitable. LG's been losing money on OLED every until literally like last week. PC tards are too poor to drop $2000 on a 24" monitor, especially not in any significant volume, so LG doesn't bother. Home theater on the other hand is a massive, very competitive market where $800-1200 is the starting point for a great deal of normies.

In 5 years from now they'll have enough production lines up to justify OLED monitors but right now LCDs are the vast majority of panel production and like 4 or 8x more efficient to produce.

There is nothing wrong with a curved monitors, are you guys the kind of special retards who watch the screen from an angle? you're supposed to be looking straight at your monitor not from the fucking side.

I'd only get a curved ultrawide monitor, having a curved smaller 16:9 or 16:10 monitor would limit it to horizontal use and I'd want the option to go vertical at that size.

Buy 5 monitors from 3 different manufacturers, all have one thing in common: the same samsung curved va panel
>All arrive with dead or stuck pixels, all bought within two weeks of each other
>last manufacturer even offered a pixel perfect 1 year warranty, still arrived eith dead/stuck pixels and now stuck in rma limbo

Samsung panels are literally the ONLY panels i have ever encountered dead pixels on. What the fuck is up with their quality control

Even head on, you have to have your eyes closed to not see the difference.

Samsung makes there own monitors, so there going to use there best panels on there products and sell the rest to the plebs, this usually would be the case anyway
This is an issue with every monitor "manufacturer" who doesn't make there own panels and instead uses other companies panels, Some do a good job binning and make sure the panels used are good panels others like Asus can be notorious for will buy up the most shitty panels and use every single one no matter how bad.
Personally I think if your a display manufacturer and don't make your own panels and instead use someone else grade B panels you should just get the fuck out of the market

been a notebook fag all my life.
what are the monitor companies i should trust?

acer are renowned for shit QC. most acer monitors have terrible backlight bleed

The reason for curved monitors is because it reduces backlight bleed

how?

>girl

I want his penis inside me

Real monitors have curves

I got this one for super cheap on clearance last year: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAB716M79340&cm_re=pixio_monitor-_-9SIAB716M79340-_-Product
Occasionally makes some weird crackling noises, but it doesn't really bother me, especially with my headphones on.

Attached: AB71_131554429852405973OlRUr1O5mC.jpg (640x480, 23K)

Will we actually see 1440p @ 240 Hz next year?
120/144/165 Hz already look great to me motion clarity wise, but the strobed modes still bother me from the flicker.

I love my 144hz curved ultrawide IPS screen!

Attached: 20171105_190247.jpg (1032x581, 88K)

Bought a pg278q which I use for gaming. I have a samsung kurwa for movies and shit posting on 4chins. The TN looks far faaaaaar more crisp on rapid movements that a similar IPS monitor. Also.....

> enjoy your dead pixels
> enjoy your glow
> enjoy your bleed
> enjoy having to return your monitor 100 times till you gey a decent panel.

Attached: 1537748154968.gif (652x562, 626K)

all curved displays are va, not ips

I work as a controller / BI-analyst and literally came upon seeing this beauty.

Attached: sophisticat9.jpg (225x225, 8K)

no brand has quality control that you can actually call "quality control". they all have bleeding, ghosting and clouding, some even have firmware bugs where settings aren't applied correctly so you have to rma if you want it fixed.

>spending that much on a TN panel

Attached: batthrowcx6.gif (145x125, 168K)

Dell has good QC on their panels.

>Will we actually see 1440p @ 240 Hz next year?
yeah. it will come with a built in fan that gets louder then most gpus on load and you will need 2 displayport cables. that will be $2.5k +tip ;>

They also sell tn panels for 600 dollars

maybe if you want the shit gaymer one, then you wouldn't be buying a dell monitor anyways

The only non shit gamer one they have is the tn panel. The alienware trash actually have better screens.

>then you wouldn't be buying a dell monitor anyways

You don't buy Dell monitors for gaming. You buy them for the panel quality and QC. You can get an Ultrasharp IPS for less than $600.

Oh so shit specs at a higher price tag because implied higher standard qc for screen types that aren't problem ridden

wut, I think you are completely missing the point

Attached: wutwut.gif (127x139, 474K)

The real answer OP is that the manufactureres figured out how to make curved panels and then decided to market them. Think of it as a stepping stone towards that foldable samsung phone.

The actual "use" of products is secondary to corporations abilities to manufacture them. It's the same as the notch in phones - especailly in chink copy land because they all come from the same parts bins. As soon as someone develops a camera beneath the screen, everyone is dropping the notch.

How wierd do movie look on these? Seriously

curved is fine, stop pushing ultrawide meme.

curve isn't as big as marketing material makes it out to be
I never tried one though, but people generally say it's fine or even good for movies, maybe buyers remorse

what monitor ?

>All you get is curved TN with shit colors, curved IPS with shit contrast and glow, and shit VA with somewhat good contrast and colors but some ghosting and blur
It's almost like they don't want to kill their "graphic professional" monitors lineup.

i have a shitty acer 1080p & 144hz monitor. want to get 1440p w/ 144hz. anything worth looking into?

because some ME or EE had to last minute complete his 1 product/manufacturing 'improvement'/change so he met his productivity goals for the year.
Then the retard was like lets curve it, and charge 50% more for the same panel.
Now it's the norm

I have a HP Omen x 35, it's 1440p gsync, it's fucking nice.

yeah I actually am haha!