>For monitors include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superseded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>FOR GAMING START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make your build to drive it appropriately

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: 1541984472539.png (1920x1080, 600K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mFSLro_OXLQ
pcpartpicker.com/list/GnLghy
extremetech.com/computing/280356-if-youre-planning-to-build-a-pc-youd-best-build-soon
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/YqKVHh?
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/qxHTD2
pcpartpicker.com/product/HTfmP6/powercolor-radeon-rx-570-41gb-red-devil-video-card-axrx-570-4gbd5-3dhoc
amazon.com.mx/Sapphire-Radeon-570-GDDR5-Pulse/dp/B06ZY21842/
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/wghwpG
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>i3-8350k
Which motherboard enables ecc mode with this cpu?

>I'm afraid you fell for the kike tricks.
Elaborate. I know the ibase motherboards do support ecc, and the i3, but I'm looking for a more "robust" board with better vrms, and bios with lots of options. Not really sure what the deal is with ibase boards at all, and I'm not willing to experiment.

anyone notice how the new drivers for gtx 1060 sucks dick compared to the old (398.36) drivers?

I want to buy a NUC to replace my 2012 Mac Mini as a Plex server. Looking at the NUC8i7BEH, what RAM / SSD should I get for it? Also does it need any other parts?

GTX 1060+SSD or 1070TI+HDD

1070, but plan on upgrading that HDD as soon as possible.

yea i just did a rollback, gpu temps are 5C cooler now then with the newest drivers too

I updated to the newest ones, but haven't played any games. What's wrong with the latest?

repostan here

Can Threadripper 2950X run off a single EPS connector?

Monster Hunter World keeps crashing with a MT Framework error on new driver, doesn't happen on old driver and CEMU seems to get a FPS drop on the new driver compared to old. Some other games are affected too: youtube.com/watch?v=mFSLro_OXLQ

Best $1000 build (after all taxes)?
Just bought an Alienware for $1060 total including i5-8400/GTX 1080/32GB/2TB HDD

But that CPU and HDD make me want to build my own.

Thnaks for the link.
I'll probably rollback when I get some issues. I only updated, because I was trying to get the original metro non redux to run.

???

You should be fine with 399.# at least?
But yeah, many have been reporting problems with 416.# drivers

Teeexxxxttttt. Text waaaallin. Text wallin.

>slow RAM
>no SSD
>shitty board
>loud
Yikes.

RX580 + SSD.
Basically what you're saying is grandma is giving you the money so you're trying to get it as exact to the budget as possible instead of getting better value. Lmao.

just read it

>Text waaaallin
reddit might be more your speed then, faggot

here
I literally asked for a better 1000 build saying I want to build my own. Why don't you be constructive and actually suggest one

lol

Attached: gimpworks.png (704x395, 573K)

Rate my build /pcbg/

Attached: IMG_20181112_100156.jpg (1536x2048, 463K)

Anyone seen leaks of possible GPU sales for black friday / cyber monday?

>RX580 + SSD.
>Basically what you're saying is grandma is giving you the money so you're trying to get it as exact to the budget as possible instead of getting better value. Lmao.
no I just dont want a Firestarter in my PC, especially when Im only limited to like 2 or 3 case fans

sales mostly for amd stock and left over nvidia 10xx stuff too

Attached: cease.jpg (480x474, 17K)

Rewrite it. It's too difficult to read.

Only thing that pops out is that Vega 56 nano has been out for months.
It's ok. It takes some tweaking to run well. The default settings aren't great for its 130W TDP. But I know you can get roughly 1070 performance out of Vega at 130W.
Most people buy those to waterblock it, though.
? Reddit has a higher post limit than Jow Forums. You go.

You said you just bought it.
pcpartpicker.com/list/GnLghy

416.16 isn't newest though. 416.34 or something is.

That is a lot of cables.

Oh, so you're actually this retarded. You must be 14 to eat up memes like that. Grandma gave you money confirmed.

ECC is not supported on any Intel consumer motherboards. You need motherboard with C246 chipset. They should support Xeon E, Pentium, Celeron, and Core i3 processors

No one did. In fact y'all said its shit but i already had it by then so w/e

The wifi card i have is FV8302, there's drivers for 8301 and 8303 in the manufacturers webpage but not this one. They answered in Amazon that it should work out of the box as is, but i already updated all my drivers and I'm still in the same position.

I didn't know it comes with Bluetooth, i need a cable to plug to the motherboard but its there. Mobo manual says my PCI-e slots are functional since i only plugged in the GPU so none are disabled due to sharing bandwidth.

Attached: aza7y5jsqpo11.jpg (1963x1179, 232K)

>Vega56
>Ryzen 2600

OP pasta says I should go 1440p, is it worth it at my budget? Current 1080p monitor needs shitty HDMI-VGA adapters that burn out after 6 months and gets visible interference on high GPU loads
>pref needs HDMI, DP optional
>never had freesync or high refresh but might be nice

Attached: chimneys.png (1108x1526, 613K)

recommendations for $100 case?

Is what this website says true? Also why or why not?

extremetech.com/computing/280356-if-youre-planning-to-build-a-pc-youd-best-build-soon

It seems believable, but it also seems like it could be wrong too.

Any reason to upgrade from an i7-4770S yet?

Any idea how i can shave off like 150 to 200 from this build de.pcpartpicker.com/list/YqKVHh? Only the CPU is set in stone.

Fractal Design Define C

SilverStone PM01 Primera

also I live in the US. by "true" I mean "true for people living in the US".

Can anyone recommend a good quality micro-ATX case that is actually micro? They all seem to be barely smaller than a full ATX, or the ones that aren't are shit anyway

alright then you flaming faggot

questions
mini itx am4 boards, is a x470 chipset worth it, considering i'm obviously not doing dual gpu? and what brands and models to look for or avoid?
r7 1800X a good placeholder for zen2 next year? i'm finding it without stock cooler about the same price as 2600, and i'm planning on using wc on the cpu so the coller thing is a non issue
at last, i'm using a 1080p 144hz monitor and my tv supposedly can reach 120hz on fucking 4k, both support freesync, so amd gpu can get adaptive sync. should i go for amd gpu, or just slap a 1070ti for 1080p gaymen at high fps?

chest high for your convenience

Good morning :3

What is the likelyhood of there being some good deals on PC hardware during Black Friday/Cyber monday?
Good deals, as in prices lower than the last sale while still maintaining a good price/performance ratio.

Attached: 1534034503968.webm (720x1280, 2.93M)

Fuck that was brutal. What a scam.

Help me out here Jow Forums
I'm trying to set up an ssh box with OpenBSD. It all works fine when I have a GPU plugged in, I can ssh into it and all, but as soon as I unplug the GPU and reboot, I can no longer ssh. I have no idea if this is a BSD problem or my bios freaking out (it's an old gayming one, so it's possible). I've checked the logs on OpenBSD and I can't see anything that stands out, which implies it's the BIOS. I've messed with the settings in there to not wait for key press on error etc, but the problem persists. Does anyone have any idea what's causing this? The motherboard is an ASUS m4a87td evo.

Attached: file.png (125x81, 21K)

You can do a build with Vega56, 2600, and a 1440p 144hz AHVA(IPS) Freesync monitor for ~$1300 in the US.
I don't know about the UK. What does that Mbest monitor cost there?

Meshify C.
Anything Silverstone.

Not really. China mostly only supplies the coolers on GPUs.

Wait for Ryzen 3000 series if you can.

>buying "le fastest CPU" and gimping it by not giving it the fastest RAM
Only retarded brainlet intel fanboys do this and everyone but their own ilk laughs at them.

B-die was 40 euro cheaper yesterday, too, but since you waited it's now more expensive.

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/qxHTD2
But there you go. Roughly the same performance for 190 euro cheaper and ready for a 3700X upgrade next year to be even faster. You're welcome.

>B-die was 40 euro cheaper yesterday, too,
Sauce me up sen-Paii.

sources?

You don't think XFX or Sapphire will have any drop during the sale to around the $200 mark? My only reluctance to getting 10xx is because their architecture is so old at this point, Zen+ would be more viable an investment long term.

So after almost 10 years i am building my new rig and it's been very difficult to decide what to do. One part of me wants to wait for the new ZEN 2 and see if the new GPU's will also come but i really need a pc now so i somewhat made my choice. I am going to use it for light video edditing, photoshop, multitasking and some gaming ...

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 6x 3.60GHz So.AM4 BOX

16GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16 Dual Kit

500GB Samsung 860 Evo 2.5" (6.4cm) SATA 6Gb/s 3D-NAND TLC

250GB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 32Gb/s 3D-NAND TLC

MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC AMD B450 So.AM4 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX

8GB XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Core Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16 (i want to buy the rx 590 when it gets out)

600 Watt be quiet! PURE POWER 11 600W CM

be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim Tower

be quiet! Pure Base 600

The pc price is 940€ and the monitor is 360€.

I am still wondering if I should get 2700x? Is the Mobo suitable for the ZEN 2 upgrade? In the near future i want to buy a 1440p monitor - 27" (68,58cm) Acer Gaming XF270HUA 2560x1440. Is the RX 590 going to be good enough for 1440p gaming? What are your opinions and suggestions?

Just bought a GTX 1050Ti FTW for $140 but then i found a Sapphire RX 570 for $180 where i live.
Should i return the GTX 1050Ti to Amazon and buy the 570?

No wait, the RX 570 is $200 now.

>Oh, so you're actually this retarded. You must be 14 to eat up memes like that. Grandma gave you money confirmed.
prove to be that the 580 doesnt get hot as hell

Is it worth getting a 2700x over a 1700x?

undervolt, overclock, downlock, power mod, FAN speed 100%

Does anyone here have an ITX build?

yes

In the previous thread the same user was asking about that build. People pointed out that B-die was on sale for around 185 euro and people complained that it was also RGB.

How am I supposed to link to a source when it's no longer that price?

Some sales have already been advertised. How about looking at those?

x470 gives 4 extra PCIe lanes which mITX doesn't have room to use.
>Not doing dual gpu
b450 supports dual AMD GPU *and* PCI bifurcation so you can split the single mITX slot into 2 slots to use 2 GPUs. So you *can* stuff 2 Vega56 nanos in a single mITX PC.
>r7 1800X a good placeholder for zen2 next year
No, a 2600 OC is better than the 1800X in gaming. The Zen+ gains were that big. Get the 2600.
>my tv supposedly can reach 120hz on fucking 4k
That is surely fake interpolated 120hz.
> should i go for amd gpu
Freesync *is* worth it. However Vega56 are like $100 more expensive than they were the past month.
I think the $140 of games deal ended, too?
Maybe wait for black friday to see if they go on sale again.

RX570 were $130-$150 like a week ago..
In fact they're still $150 for a good mdoel. pcpartpicker.com/product/HTfmP6/powercolor-radeon-rx-570-41gb-red-devil-video-card-axrx-570-4gbd5-3dhoc
Obviously you should return that overpriced as fuck 1050Ti.

With 60fps FRTC on my previous RX580 at 1920x1200, typical power consumption was 35-115W depending on game.
Yes it did get up to 185W doing a *burn test* which intentionally maxes it out 100% and stresses it, but that's not gaming. But that's still only an extra light bulb over a 1060. Never over 73C. And RX580s typically have better coolers to compensate for the marginally higher power consumption.

Attached: rate.jpg (1280x960, 160K)

>Is it worth getting a 2700x over a 1700x?
>10% diff, storemi, some other bios shit I forgot
You tell me

How is it? Is air flow a problem?

$140 of free games deal ended nov 3
Source: i bought it 3 hours before it was over

For 2700x it's better to have x470 motherboard, but a b450 tomahawk should also be fine

>Fuck that was brutal. What a scam.
Its far more common then people think

> Is air flow a problem?
Not at all, check for yourself

Attached: muh ITX case.jpg (930x816, 347K)

>RX570 were $130-$150 like a week ago..
>In fact they're still $150 for a good mdoel. pcpartpicker.com/product/HTfmP6/powercolor-radeon-rx-570-41gb-red-devil-video-card-axrx-570-4gbd5-3dhoc
>Obviously you should return that overpriced as fuck 1050Ti.

Im in Mexico.
To give you a idea RX 570 are $260-280 and the GTX 1050Ti is $200 except the 2 models i mentioned, hell the second i bought the EVGA GTX 1050Ti FTW for $140 it went back to $270.

I saw it for $1000 MXN($50 USD) less than the other cards so i bought it for $2800 Pesos ($140 USD).
But right now there is a Sapphire RX 570 for $4000 MXN ($200), and the other RX 570 are $300 USD.

Are you rusing me, that's not an ITX case

You never said anything about ITX case, you said "ITX build" :^)

Why the 250Gb NVMeme?
Just get a budget 128gb like MyDigitalSSD to use as your scratch disk.
Get 1Tb for main drive instead.
>I am still wondering if I should get 2700x? Is the Mobo suitable for the ZEN 2 upgrade?
No, MSI boards don't support voltage offset so they aren't suitable for X CPUs.

Rest looks fine but I'd worry about what price the RX590 might launch at.

Ah yeah, I bought mine on the 3rd as well.
When you redeem the key on AMD's site, it gives you 3 different keys for each game right? So if I want to sell them, I don't have to sell them all together?

kek

No it's not
>far better
A b450 board can be better than a bad x470 one (like any Gigabyte).
Only thing that's important for X CPUs, besides a half decent VRM and VRM heatsink, is that the BIOS has voltage offset to get the most out of PBO.

Ok well RX570 is about 40-50% higher performance over the 1050Ti. And that's a 42% price increase.
Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a $130-$150 RX570 from the US and import it? I know Mexicanons often do that.

>Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a $130-$150 RX570 from the US and import it? I know Mexicanons often do that.
Yeah that is the plan.
amazon.com.mx/Sapphire-Radeon-570-GDDR5-Pulse/dp/B06ZY21842/

It was cheaper to buy from Newegg before but now they make you pay VAT.

>1700x is $201
>2700x is $310
Fuck

Is this gonna be a problem with dust? Seems like this case has very good ariflow for its price but no dust filters

Attached: corsair 270r.jpg (472x640, 53K)

Put top case exhaust fans, problem solved.

I don't know, haven't checked that out yet due to not having internet on desktop at the moment. I did see the process is different for oddysey, but the other 2 games are steam

That's extra 20€

>here, go for a ryzen build and upgrade it again when the 3700X is out
which part of "only the cpu is set in stone" did you not understand? i want an 8700k because it's as much of a future proof cpu as you can get when it comes to pc hardware.

Lol

AHAHAHAHA
Imagine buying a high end gpu and pairing it with poozen LOL

Attached: more cores=smoother experience goy.png (1920x1080, 1.37M)

>imagine being so much of a drone you wouldn't even dare think this might actually be related to gpu
better than flipping burgers i guess

How good are Sapphire cards anyway? i know EVGA is great and i dont have to worry about reliability but what about them and their warranty?

Looking at a sapphire nitro+ 580, is this the best choice for 1080p? I want to be able to just crank the settings up to ultra on any game and not have to worry

1070 ti for 1080p60fps, yes or no?

>1060 is 40% better than 2080Ti. Nothing to do with the cpu bro
Imagine being so retarded

you can't be this dumb

What's the best used GPU that won't be bottlenecked too severely by an i3-540?

Jesus christ user buy a I7-920 for $10-15.

I see. Well I can't make the decision for you.
It's higher power consumption and 40-50% higher perf for 42% more than your 1050Ti cost, like I said. That's the jist of it for you to decide.

I'd also say that AMD drivers and software are generally much better than Nvidia's now days. Lots of screen flicker issues and others that people were reporting on the new driver above. Relive is better than Shadowplay. Stuff like that. But it seems like a hassle if you're happy with the performance of your 1050Ti.

Well yeah, odyssey is uplay. But it does just give you a resellable key from what I heard.
I just got a single key to redeem on AMD's site which I'm assuming will then give me 3 other keys but idk.

Looks like an awful dust magnet, user.

2600X > 1700X for gaming.

Which part of
>you aren't saving 150 euro with that CPU, and you're gimping it with slow RAM
don't you understand?

>8700k
>future-proof
>new security vulnerability further gimping its performance each month
top kek

Why are you comparing last gen?
Because it was only way back then that Nvidia's driver was known to have an issue with more than 8 threads which you could also see on the 6850k and other higher thread count intel CPUs? HMMMMMM.

Sapphire makes many of the best cards. They had a really legendary 290X. Their Vega Nitro+ is amazing.
However the pulse is their "low end". It's still as good or better than some other brand's midrange models, though.
I do know that the pulse has a bit small of a heatsink so you won't have a lot of OC headroom before it gets loud.

Yes.

Waste of money. Get an RX580 for half the price and the same 1080p@60.
Spend the savings on a better 1080p 75hz IPS Freesync monitor and still have like $100 left over. My fucking lord.

>Some sales have already been advertised
In my area there are only Amazon pre-cyber week deals.
I'm in the market for a Micro ATX case, micro ATX mobo and some cheap Cl16 ram. Should I buy now or wait a couple of weeks?

Attached: 1539451769980.jpg (480x600, 76K)

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/wghwpG
Will be used for video editing and games.
Want no more than 2000cad and cheaper is better
Pc isnt for me, is for friend.
He agreed that ryzen would be good cause muh upgrade path. Really wants to have a 1080ti to btfo everyone.

The only 2 that come up when i filter for samsung

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-12-12-59-47-659_com.android.chrome.png (1080x1920, 141K)

How necessary is B-Die RAM for Ryzen?

not at all unless you have $70 extra to spend for not much gain

I'm sure there will be at least a minor RAM sale. like 10-15% cheaper or so.
Cases and boards, idk.

lol.
Samsung is the manufacturer of the dies. Not the brand of DIMMs.
3200 CL14 = Samsung B.die. I already told you this.

Attached: Elaborate 1.jpg (1689x2213, 843K)

>I'm sure there will be at least a minor RAM sale
I hope so too, buddy, I really do.

So either way I will have to pay the $70?

Well i will use it for a while i guess, i just kinda feel bad to not have a VR ready card when i can get a Headset from a friend to use it this winter vacations.
I will wait for the next gen GPUs to buy a high end one anyway.

Unless i can find a GTX 1060 6GB SSC for $200 over here i doubt i will return it.
Thanks.

If you want the absolute highest FPS, B-die is necessary for either platform.
If your target is just like 60 or 75fps at a minimum for most games, it's not necessary.

Also there is Samsung E-die, which is a far cheaper option that's around 95% as good. You can usually get a 2x4Gb kit of that for around $70.
However if you use 4 DIMMs, you obviously are going to gimp the clocks you can achieve. So you either need 4 memory channels (Threadripper), or you need to be fine with only having 8Gb to get the best speeds.

Or maybe 2x4Gb E-die is worth it over a 3200 CL16 kit? Really don't know. No "tech analyst" or "professional tech youtube" is knowledgeable enough to even begin to test this shit...
I wish someone made a dual rank E-die kit. That tends to run a bit better than 4 DIMMs. As far as I know, none do.

Yes.
Whether you're making a high end Intel or Ryzen build, either way you need it or you're gimping your otherwise high end parts.
It matters *more* for Ryzen, but it still matters significantly for Intel CPUs as well to the point that if you don't get B-die with an 8700k, a 2700X *with* B-die is faster.

>Whether you're making a high end Intel or Ryzen build, either way you need it or you're gimping your otherwise high end parts.
>It matters *more* for Ryzen, but it still matters significantly for Intel CPUs as well to the point that if you don't get B-die with an 8700k, a 2700X *with* B-die is faster.
Gratz dude, I have nothing to complain about that statement.

weird because I've been saying that for years since 7700k. And people still say ram doesn't matter and buy 2133 ram for their i7

>I have the opportunity to get an ASUS GTX 1070 8 GB for $250, used
should I?

From a friend? Sure.
Online? How lucky do you consider yourself to risk $250 on a card that wont have warranty by whoever made them and the seller?

anyone has or had a corsair carbide 240 case? how is/was it?

BASED

Attached: 1541814497947.jpg (1098x894, 117K)

yesterday I assambled my build with a MSI tomahawk b450 and a Ryzen 3 2200g, but I got a problem with the fan, if I align the AMD logo to one side, it covers one ram slot, but if I align it to the other side, it barely fits touching one of the heatsinks, does anyone else have this problem? what should I do?

Attached: confused anime girl 24.jpg (374x347, 39K)

>considering upgrade from old GTX660 that barely cut in anymore to either an RX580 or 1050ti because 1060 are too expensive now in my country
>concerned Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ can fit in my case
I have a fan attached to the side pannel, i think my case is a midtower but not totally sure neither, and i am concerned the RX580 might be too big and the power cable wouldn't fit between GPU and side pannel fan

Attached: 1513445786336.jpg (1063x800, 104K)

Yeah.
It's funny how a 7700 non-k with 3200 CL16 RAM will outperform a 7700k @ 5Ghz with 2400 CL15 RAM.
Yet lots of people bought 2133 or 2400 RAM for their 7700k because "RAM speed doens't matter" and wasted a lot of electricity overclocking it only to have worse performance.
Shit's hilarious.
There is a nearly 1:1 relationship with true latency reduction and CPU-limited FPS gains in games. It scales far, far more linearly than clock speed increases do.

It's fairly dated in design now days, but it's ok if you actually want a giant cube.
Lian Li has a similar layout case using A SFX PSU which I think is much better.

Strix or some shitty model?
If Strix, and you can verify it works fine, that's a reasonable deal.

You can take the fan part on and rotate it relative to the heatsink so that the AMD logo is up top.

... check specs for max GPU length on your case, and the length of the RX580 Nitro+.
I had that card and it wasn't much longer than the motherboard was.