What do you guys think of Hydrus network? Any better way to store/organise images, especialy from boorus?

What do you guys think of Hydrus network? Any better way to store/organise images, especialy from boorus?

Attached: screenshot_desu.png (1920x1080, 516K)

It locks you into it's own ecosystem and renaming / moving files is a big hassle. It has to maintain some weird network fuckery to find tags because Microsoft is too retarded to move past NTFS which can't store them on the file itself. If you don't pay attention when importing files it will delete them and then fail to import them because it deleted it. This may have been fixed in newer versions but fuck trying again.

I made my own localhost booru

Attached: screen_1.png (883x789, 443K)

>moving files
>it will delete
It just copies them.

Attached: screen_2.png (893x1003, 440K)

It is capable of asking various booru's about tags, and can even do saucenao fixups for files that went through compression (twitter etc.)

Attached: screen_3.png (745x504, 253K)

It doesn't move files. It just indexes all of your folders and deduplicates by sha256.

>Locks you in own ecosystem
It's open source, so you can make an exporter to work however you want if you are moving to something else

>Microsoft is too retarded to move past NTFS
They are moving to ReFS though.

What would you recommend then?

Is it weird that I rather sort everything by standardized filenames and directory structures than with tags?
I'm still glad about booru downloaders but once the data is on my PC I don't want any program to mess with the organization.

Good if you have a small amount of images with similar tags, bad if you have 50000 images with a fuckload of tags, because I aint fucking tagging that shit

This is what I also preferred, folders for artists with 'tags' in the filenames which allows using a normal search to find what you want, but I ran into the problem of filenames getting too long for the filesystem, which is why i want something else.

Just use Adobe Bridge like a normal person (it's free btw)

Hey user, this is hella dope. How do you run the backend/server side?

nodejs, expressjs, mysql

What flavour of booru is that?

custom, made from scratch

though it is very much influenced by gelbooru/danbooru

Do you keep the server always running or start/kill It manually?

i start/stop it when i need it

I considered doing this but I don't want to make yet another booru when there's already so many open source ones availably with ide tical features.

This is what makes me screech autistically about local web apps. I guess the only work-around is going electron.

pm2 start . --name mybooru

done